Good vs Evil

Good vs Evil

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
25 Aug 21

@eladar said
I am educating you on Jesus' teachings and what Jesus believed, not what I believe.
So why ignore:

“You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.'

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
25 Aug 21

@eladar said
I am educating you on Jesus' teachings and what Jesus believed, not what I believe.

By the way Jesus calls God, who ordered the genocide, good. This implied Jesus believed the genocide was good. I am not sure if you are going to accept this because it is the truth according to the Bible.
The fact that you are still banging on about this largely irrelevant point strongly suggests that you are either arguing simply for the sake of argument, or that you just don't understand Jesus' message at all. The implication you draw is unsound.

E

Moves
25 Aug 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said
So why ignore:

“You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.'
I am not ignoring it. God defines love differently than you do. That is why you are on the road to destruction.

E

Moves
25 Aug 21

@avalanchethecat said
The fact that you are still banging on about this largely irrelevant point strongly suggests that you are either arguing simply for the sake of argument, or that you just don't understand Jesus' message at all. The implication you draw is unsound.
The fact that your belief about who Jesus was and what he taught being completely false is irrelevant?

E

Moves
25 Aug 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I've told you at least twice that the Bible says the law is written on everyone's heart but that individuals don't have to act (being autonomous individuals) according to their conscience, such as the thief. Romans warns of the consequences of this.

Will you be asking this question again?
Please quote the "in everyone's heart" verse. The exact words please.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
25 Aug 21

@eladar said
Please quote the "in everyone's heart" verse. The exact words please.
I refer you to the post by Medullah:

14' For when people of the nations, who do not have law, do by nature the things of the law, these people, although not having law, are a law to themselves.'

People of the nations are all peoples.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
25 Aug 21
2 edits

@eladar said
The fact that your belief about who Jesus was and what he taught being completely false is irrelevant?
False according to you, and you've not even managed to demonstrate that. All you've done is show how it's possible to interpret scripture to support your own hateful prejudices (which is not something new). Although you have to ignore a lot of it to manage that, and pretend that 'love' means something other than love in certain contexts. Frankly, your arguments are all so tenuous, I'm now fairly confident that you're just trolling.

E

Moves
25 Aug 21
1 edit

@avalanchethecat said
False according to you, and you've not even managed to demonstrate that. All you've done is show how it's possible to interpret scripture to support your own hateful prejudices (which is not something new). Although you have to ignore a lot of it to manage that, and pretend that 'love' means something other than love in certain contexts. Frankly, your arguments are all so tenuous, I'm now fairly confident that you're just trolling.
No, false according to the Bible. I suppose requiring the information to accurately represent Jesus' teaching is according to the Bible is my belief me.

E

Moves
25 Aug 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I refer you to the post by Medullah:

14' For when people of the nations, who do not have law, do by nature the things of the law, these people, although not having law, are a law to themselves.'

People of the nations are all peoples.
I do not see in everyone's heart. I see in a select group's heart.

Maybe you can explain how that scripture says everyone. Thanks

Lover of History

Northants, England

Moves
25 Aug 21

The nations are exactly what it says, so everyone is in a nation of some form.

E

Moves
25 Aug 21

@medullah said
The nations are exactly what it says, so everyone is in a nation of some form.
So why do you ignore the rest?

who do not have law, do by nature the things of the law, these people, although not having law, are a law to themselves.'

Only those who do by nature the requirements of the law are being identified. You can find these kind of people in all nations. This is not the same thing as everyone in the nation carries out the requirement of the law.

Lover of History

Northants, England

Moves
25 Aug 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I don't know enough about the Canaanites to validate your claims about them or how accurate and uninflated there are. (The vanquished don't write the history books). I do however know the Israelites wanted the land the Canaanites were occupying and that genocide is more palatable when the victims are demonized.

But assuming the Canaanites were indeed as bad as you ...[text shortened]... sider depraved. Does that make it okay to wipe them out in their entirety, man, woman, child, beast?
I don't know of anyone that would tolerate a kiddie fiddler, it's still the one thing that society will not accept, although there is currently an attempt to change the perspective and call it "age gap love".

I would recommend that you read up on the Canaanites, as if you know little you are very much blind in the discussion, and there are cults today that keep the practices going.

In Deuteronomy 9:5 the bible records the words of God as speaking to the Israelites

"It is not because of your righteousness or the uprightness of your heart that you are going in to take possession of their land. Instead, it is because of the wickedness of these nations "

I understand your point, but do you think it "all right" to let a culture to survive that advocates the systematic abuse of children as a core tenet?

I have no sympathy on this one.

Lover of History

Northants, England

Moves
25 Aug 21

@Eladar

Your query was how "Everyone" was covered in the answer.

I haven't ignored anything. I answered the question that you asked me. The Nations are everyone.

Lover of History

Northants, England

Moves
25 Aug 21

@avalanchethecat said
Agreed.

It smacks of not wanting a debate but to twist matters or be obtuse to have a bit of fun.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
25 Aug 21

@medullah said

I understand your point, but do you think it "all right" to let a culture to survive that advocates the systematic abuse of children as a core tenet?

I have no sympathy on this one.
But the divine punishment saw the destruction of everything that breathed, including the very same children being abused, yes?

If a modern-day country was identified that advocated the systematic abuse of children, you would see no problem with wiping them all out, including the children themselves? Is that really your position?