Genesis 1:3  and Light

Genesis 1:3 and Light

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
09 Jul 21

@kevin-eleven said
Careful, Doggie. You might get throttled by the site's new tone-checker or whatever Russ is coming up with. 😉
I'm not worried.

It's been seen by the intended audience.

Ãœber-Nerd

Moves
09 Jul 21

@eladar said

Rational explanation for a within one's beliefs. If the explanathion for a within the assumptions of the worldview, then it is rational. All you can ask for is consistency within assumptions, not bowing down to your personal beliefs.

Just goes to show the inconsistentency of your position. Your way or the highway for any rational discussion.
What you posted is not understandable. Please render your thought in complete, grammatically correct, sentences.

E

Moves
09 Jul 21

@moonbus said
What you posted is not understandable. Please render your thought in complete, grammatically correct, sentences.
Of course you cannot comprehend the truth. All you have is circular reasoning.

Moves
09 Jul 21

@eladar said
You were there to see it?
This must be down there with the rest of the most stupid retorts at RHP.

Ãœber-Nerd

Moves
09 Jul 21

@divegeester said
This must be down there with the rest of the most stupid retorts at RHP.
Would someone please explain to him what circular reasoning is.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
09 Jul 21

@moonbus said
Exactly. He keeps saying we are guilty of that but Im not seeing that and nothing he says making any sense.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
09 Jul 21

@moonbus said
Not possible.

He lacks the mental hardware to get that.

Ãœber-Nerd

Moves
09 Jul 21

@BigDoggProblem

Yes, you're right, a futile endeavor. I'm going over to Mixed Metaphors.

Thread 189882

E

Moves
09 Jul 21
1 edit

@moonbus said
@BigDoggProblem

Yes, you're right, a futile endeavor. I'm going over to Mixed Metaphors.

Thread 189882
Circular reasoning means you support your position with things you believe are true to say that your position is true. In this case true is rational.

The only escape for you and those like you is to pretend that my obviously true observation is to belittle me. Sad internet "debate" tactic.

Circular reasoning is useful when like minded people want to support each other in their common self evident truths.

Ãœber-Nerd

Moves
09 Jul 21

@eladar said
Circular reasoning means you support your position with things you believe are true to say that your position is true. In this case true is rational.

The only escape for you and those like you is to pretend that my obviously true observation is to belittle me. Sad internet "debate" tactic.

Circular reasoning is useful when like minded people want to support each other in their common self evident truths.
You do not know what circular reasoning is. So I will provide you with an historical example of it. Descartes maintained the following propositions.

1. Whatever he (Descartes) clearly and distinctly conceived must be true.

2. Descartes clearly and distinctly conceived that God is not a deceiver.

3. Descartes clearly and distinctly conceived that God would not let him be deceived that whatever he clearly and distinctly conceives must be true.

That is circular reasoning.

I have engaged in no such thing.

What I have presented is called argument from analogy. The two analogous arguments are:

1. God created the universe and everything in it on some particular date (it could be 6,000 years ago or 100,000 years ago or one million years ago, it does not matter exactly when) and made it look older than it was, with growth rings in trees from a past which never happened and fossils from dinosaurs which never lived and light only seemingly emanating from 'stars' billions of ly away but which was created midway in space because the universe was a only few minutes old when God said 'let there be light' and space wasn't big enough for light to have travelled from stars billions of ly away.

2. God created the universe this morning after breakfast and made it look older than it is (with memories from previous days which never happened and sunken ships on the sea bed from battles which never occurred).

The logic of argument from analogy is this: if 1 is valid, then so is 2; if 2 is not valid, then neither is 1 -- because they have the same logical structure.

E

Moves
09 Jul 21

@moonbus

Circular reason is unavoidable when discussing theories about things that can never be observed.

You believe your point of view is not rooted in circular reasoning, which is all I am bringing to light.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
09 Jul 21

@eladar said
@moonbus

Circular reason is unavoidable when discussing theories about things that can never be observed.

You believe your point of view is not rooted in circular reasoning, which is all I am bringing to light.
Careful, if you "bring it to light", then God might have created that light a nanosecond ago, so it doesn't prove anything. 😆

E

Moves
09 Jul 21

@bigdoggproblem said
Careful, if you "bring it to light", then God might have created that light a nanosecond ago, so it doesn't prove anything. 😆
You think I am trying to prove anything? I am proving nothing. I make no claim about proof for anything. I am simply asking people to keep assumptions within the theory that the assumption applies. I am also reminding people that all assumptions are assumption and no assumption has been demonstrated to be true.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
10 Jul 21

@eladar said
You think I am trying to prove anything? I am proving nothing. I make no claim about proof for anything. I am simply asking people to keep assumptions within the theory that the assumption applies. I am also reminding people that all assumptions are assumption and no assumption has been demonstrated to be true.
You don't know how the scientific method works, either, do you?

Ãœber-Nerd

Moves
10 Jul 21

@eladar said
@moonbus

You said this before; you think people cannot know anything not directly observed. By that reasoning, you’ve never seen the inside of your own skull, so don’t know you have a brain. It’s nothing but an assumption that you’ve got one.

Ok, I’ll buy that; you’ve finally converted me.