1. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    05 Jul '21 09:47
    @eladar said
    Did I make the claim that the resurrection is true? I have not claimed that anything is true in this thread.
    Then your OP is idle curiosity.
  2. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    05 Jul '21 11:27
    @eladar said
    Did I make the claim that the resurrection is true? I have not claimed that anything is true in this thread.
    Here is a genuine resurrection story to warm the cockles of your heart:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/reel/video/p09m0v4x/extinct-tree-from-the-time-of-jesus-rises-from-the-dead
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    05 Jul '21 13:13
    @moonbus said
    Then your OP is idle curiosity.
    No it is an option. If it is true, and it could be, then how would it work.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    05 Jul '21 13:16
    @moonbus said
    @Eladar

No.

However, if someone claims that a miracle did happen, the burden of proof is on him to show that it did. Just as the burden of proof is on someone who claims he was abducted by space aliens, beamed up to a spaceship, subjected to a brain transplant, and returned to Earth a different man. I don't have to prove that that did not happen.
    There is no burden of proof for a miracle. I am not trying to convince you it is true. You do not need to believe it for it to be true.
  5. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    06 Jul '21 07:27
    @eladar said
    There is no burden of proof for a miracle. I am not trying to convince you it is true. You do not need to believe it for it to be true.
    Right you are. I do not need to believe it.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Jul '21 08:02
    @eladar said
    Genesis 1:3

And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

My question is according to the text, how long would it take for the light to appear? Did th ...[text shortened]... t to apply the assumption that miracles cannot happen if we are assuming that the miracle did occur?
    This is the kind of question someone devoid of knowledge of physics would ask.

No wonder your posts in the Science Forum make no sense.
  7. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    06 Jul '21 09:522 edits
    @suzianne said

Eladar’s posts don’t make sense in this forum either, devoid of understanding of the salvational message in Scripture. Salvation does not depend on what someone believes about light.

“How long would it take for the light to appear?” Eladar asks . Sometimes I am temped to reply to @Eladar, take it to jokes, spanky.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    06 Jul '21 14:28
    @suzianne said

Obviously you do not have much understanding.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    06 Jul '21 14:31
    @moonbus said
    Eladar’s posts don’t make sense in this forum either, devoid of understanding of the salvational message in Scripture. Salvation does not depend on what someone believes about light.

“How long would it take for the light to appear?” Eladar asks . Sometimes I am temped to reply to @Eladar, take it to jokes, spanky.
    Ok to be seen on earth. The point is that the Universe as we know it could have been created by God moments ago and you would never know it.

This means that physics does not apply to miracles. Only people who have been told what to believe and are unable to understand could argue against this fact.
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    06 Jul '21 14:56
    Seriously, I am finding it difficult to believe the absolute closed minded stupidity I am encountering in this thread.

You must prove to me that miracles can happen!

Why in the world would I need to prove anything to you? I am not attempting to tell what to believe. I am just trying to make you aware of the limitation of forcing your point of view on other people. You do nothing other than demonstrate your stupidity when you do this.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Jul '21 16:24
    @eladar said
    Ok to be seen on earth. The point is that the Universe as we know it could have been created by God moments ago and you would never know it.

This means that physics does not apply to miracles. Only people who have been told what to believe and are unable to understand could argue against this fact.
    This is the kind of ridiculous statements that make normal people laugh at Christians. If this is an 'anything goes' thread then there is no point it it, except to say that God can do anything. The question then becomes why? Why would God do that? Why would he want to create the universe momebts ago ? Its nonsense. God has been out there in the universe living with the angels and with Satan. Life has been going out there for billions of years. Start at that point and then you will begin to make more sense.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    06 Jul '21 19:25
    @Rajk999

If you believe that it is impossible for God to have created the world as described in Genesis, then that is your belief.

Then general discussion in this thread is to point out the inherent circular reasoning involved in this kind of discussion. It is impossible to escape circular reasoning.

Obviously most people, including you evidently, are too ignorant to know it.
  13. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    07 Jul '21 10:441 edit
    @eladar said
    @Rajk999

If you believe that it is impossible for God to have created the world as described in Genesis, then that is your belief.

Then general discussion in this thread is to point out the inherent circular reasoning involved in this kind of discussion. It is impossible to escape circular reasoning.

Obviously most people, including you evidently, are too ignorant to know it.
    Sure, God could have created the entire universe and everything in it, just this morning, right after breakfast, which means that my memory of breakfast is false and my memory of yesterday‘s dinner is false, and the battle of Trafalgar never really happened. There’s no way I can prove that scenario did not happen. But it would be a diabolically insane universe. As wacky as solipsism ( The idea that I am the only one with a mind and that everyone else is just robots).
  14. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    07 Jul '21 10:571 edit
    @rajk999 said
    This is the kind of ridiculous statements that make normal people laugh at Christians. If this is an 'anything goes' thread then there is no point it it, except to say that God can do anything. The question then becomes why? Why would God do that? Why would he want to create the universe momebts ago ? Its nonsense. God has been out there in the universe living with the an ...[text shortened]... ng out there for billions of years. Start at that point and then you will begin to make more sense.
    I believe he is trying to argue that science cannot prove that miracles never occur, but he is not arguing the case anywhere near convincingly.

Joseph Campbell once said that religion must be roughly compatible w what is known about nature, otherwise it’s superstition. Amen to that.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    07 Jul '21 18:58
    @moonbus said
    Sure, God could have created the entire universe and everything in it, just this morning, right after breakfast, which means that my memory of breakfast is false and my memory of yesterday‘s dinner is false, and the battle of Trafalgar never really happened. There’s no way I can prove that scenario did not happen. But it would be a diabolically insane universe. As wacky as solipsism ( The idea that I am the only one with a mind and that everyone else is just robots).
    Your problem lies in the fact that you believe what you believe is the superior belief that others must also accept as most likely.

If you find that people do not wish to be around you due to your arrogance, I just told you why.

You are far from being alone around here.

In Europe it is a way of life. In the US it is common enough.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree