1. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    07 Jul '21 19:12
    @eladar said
    Your problem lies in the fact that you believe what you believe is the superior belief that others must also accept as most likely.

If you find that people do not wish to be around you due to your arrogance, I just told you why.

You are far from being alone around here.

In Europe it is a way of life. In the US it is common enough.
    I, for one, would much rather listen to moonbus than to you.

Your ideas are ill-conceived and poorly communicated. When people ask you for clarification (because they are trying to show kindness, and entertain your ideas despite the way you present them), you immediately resort to unjustified personal attacks.

I think, in a popularity contest against most anyone else here, you would lose, and badly.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    07 Jul '21 19:33
    @bigdoggproblem said
    I, for one, would much rather listen to moonbus than to you.

Your ideas are ill-conceived and poorly communicated. When people ask you for clarification (because they are trying to show kindness, and entertain your ideas despite the way you present them), you immediately resort to unjustified personal attacks.

I think, in a popularity contest against most anyone else here, you would lose, and badly.
    You are no different than Moonbus, birds of a feather. Your belief is truth or at least the belief everyone must accept.

Your reasoning is circular, but absolute truth in your mind, a true believer.
  3. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    08 Jul '21 00:13
    @eladar said
    You are no different than Moonbus, birds of a feather. Your belief is truth or at least the belief everyone must accept.

Your reasoning is circular, but absolute truth in your mind, a true believer.
    I don't force my beliefs on anyone. This is a baseless claim on your part.

Not that baseless claims bother you in the slightest.

You have zero credibility here.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    08 Jul '21 00:28
    @bigdoggproblem said
    I don't force my beliefs on anyone. This is a baseless claim on your part.

Not that baseless claims bother you in the slightest.

You have zero credibility here.
    Sure you do. I started these threads in response to your false claims about young earth.
  5. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    08 Jul '21 03:12
    @eladar said
    Sure you do. I started these threads in response to your false claims about young earth.
    See? You don't believe them, and I did not force you to.

Just because I stand by my own claims and beliefs, does not mean I am forcing anyone to believe them.

If you were not borderline retarded, you would understand this.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Jul '21 11:32
    @eladar said
    Obviously you do not have much understanding.
    And YECs do?
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Jul '21 11:33
    @moonbus said
    Eladar’s posts don’t make sense in this forum either, devoid of understanding of the salvational message in Scripture. Salvation does not depend on what someone believes about light.

“How long would it take for the light to appear?” Eladar asks . Sometimes I am temped to reply to @Eladar, take it to jokes, spanky.
    It's my opinion that Christians should not be able to call themselves Christian without, you know, following the teachings of Jesus.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Jul '21 11:37
    @eladar said
    Seriously, I am finding it difficult to believe the absolute closed minded stupidity I am encountering in this thread.

You must prove to me that miracles can happen!

Why in the world would I need to prove anything to you? I am not attempting to tell what to believe. I am just trying to make you aware of the limitation of forcing your point of view on other people. You do nothing other than demonstrate your stupidity when you do this.
    So you are trying to make us aware of something you aren't aware of yourself?

Again, this sounds like your stupid Science Forum posts.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Jul '21 11:58
    @eladar said
    @Rajk999

If you believe that it is impossible for God to have created the world as described in Genesis, then that is your belief.

Then general discussion in this thread is to point out the inherent circular reasoning involved in this kind of discussion. It is impossible to escape circular reasoning.

Obviously most people, including you evidently, are too ignorant to know it.
    Now you sound like RJ Hinds.

No, it's not impossible for God to do that. But why would he? Wouldn't he rather have man look up with wonder and praise of his creation? Kinda hard when you think that God made it to fool all of us. God doesn't pull rabbits out of hats.

My argument with Hinds was that God gave us Free Will, to decide to follow him or not. We must be free to make this choice. If God just snapped his fingers to make the universe, then the markers would be obvious. It took us nearly 3500 years to suss out that Genesis could not have happened in a week. God used natural laws to steer his Creation into being so that people are free to not believe that a God did it. Some people believe and some do not believe. But we are free to make that choice precisely because God did not snap his fingers and "make it so" and then say "look what I did". Scripture says that the choice must be ours to make so that no one can say that we were forced one way or the other. It's on us.

And stupid freaking literalists like you want to claim that the choice should not be all ours to make. Hardly surprising though. You all also don't want women to have a choice over their own body.

I also love how you can be so ignorant and then claim that everyone else is ignorant.
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    08 Jul '21 17:14
    Simpletons unite!

Unable to comprehend circular reasoning, suzi must rationalize why her beliefs are the only acceptable beliefs.

I find it amazing how difficult it is for some people to allow others a different point of view. Total conformity is demanded without ever actually witnessing the event. God can work miracles, but would not do it in a way that would be misleading.

Jesus taught using parables so everyone would understand and not be misleading. Yes, that was sarcasm but the ignorant may not get it. I felt the need to be clear for people like suzi who may not know why Jesus taught using parables.
  11. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    08 Jul '21 20:46
    @bigdoggproblem said
    Careful, Doggie. You might get throttled by the site's new tone-checker or whatever Russ is coming up with. 😉
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    08 Jul '21 20:54
    @bigdoggproblem said
    See? You don't believe them, and I did not force you to.

Just because I stand by my own claims and beliefs, does not mean I am forcing anyone to believe them.

You claim that others are wrong based on your beliefs, not their beliefs. You are a self righteous arrogant individual who stands on circular reasoning.

Not that you are able to see your own delusions. I doubt you could handle actually seeing the truth, it would destroy your worldview.
  13. Subscribermoonbus
    Ãœber-Nerd
    Moves
    08 Jul '21 21:492 edits
    @Eladar

Your problem lies in the fact that you believe what you believe is the superior belief that others must also accept as most likely.

a. You have no idea what my problem is.

b. My beliefs about the events as told in the Book of Genesis and the propagation of light and how old the Earth is are supported by the preponderance of empirical evidence; your beliefs in these matters are not.

c. This does not mean that I think my beliefs are "superior"; that is your own attitude peeking through, not mine.

d. I don't say here or anywhere else that anyone must believe what I believe, or that people must believe what the preponderance of evidence indicates. You are entirely at liberty to take a literalist view of the Book of Genesis; it's no skin off my nose.

e. I maintain that those who believe something radically incompatible with what the preponderance of evidence indicates cannot also claim that whatever it is they believe is rationally defensible. Believe what you believe on faith, if that is what you want to call it, but if you want to entertain a rational discussion about a literalist interpretation of the Book of Genesis, then I and other posters here expect you to present something more cogent than:

If you find that people do not wish to be around you due to your arrogance, I just told you why.

Whether people wish to be around me is irrelevant.

You are far from being alone around here.

How many others believe what I believe is irrelevant.

In Europe it is a way of life. In the US it is common enough.

Where they live who believe what I believe is irrelevant.

In other words, give me some rational reason to believe that God created the universe and everything in it just this morning right after breakfast, including false memories of last night and bogus evidence of the Battle of Trafalgar which never really happened. If you can give me a rational reason to believe that, then I'll believe that God created all the galaxies and the light from stars billions and billions of ly away and the Earth and all the life forms on it in a period corresponding to 6x 24 hours, about 6,000 years ago, with trees in the Garden of Eden which had growth rings from years past which never happened — it's the same magic trick in both scenarios.
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    08 Jul '21 22:20
    @moonbus said
    @Eladar

a. You have no idea what my problem is.

b. My beliefs about the events as told in the Book of Genesis and the propagation of light and how old the Earth is are supported by the preponderance of empirical evidence; your bel ...[text shortened]... had growth rings from years past which never happened — it's the same magic trick in both scenarios.
    Your belief that others cannot have a rational explanation if they disagree with your beliefs is what I am talking about.

Rational explanation for a within one's beliefs. If the explanathion for a within the assumptions of the worldview, then it is rational. All you can ask for is consistency within assumptions, not bowing down to your personal beliefs.

Just goes to show the inconsistentency of your position. Your way or the highway for any rational discussion.
  15. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    08 Jul '21 23:381 edit
    Cats squabble in the street now and then. More often they sit and enjoy the breeze and listen to the birds.

"Never underestimate life."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree