Genesis 1:1  , John 1:1

Genesis 1:1 , John 1:1

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
01 Mar 16

Originally posted by sonship
Sorry, I just can't "decide" that this objective truth seeking figure exists, according to your own philosophy.
So, if you accept that someone cannot somehow simply "decide" to believe something they don't believe in, why does your proselytism rely so heavily on ~ and so often resort to ~ the assertion that doing so is necessary and/or possible?

F

Moves
01 Mar 16

Translation - Let me twist your logic, and call that "getting it straight."
You have dodged the content of my post. Your anecdote about someone saying "Lord, I believe, help my unbelief!" simply does not address the question that has been put to you.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
02 Mar 16

Originally posted by FMF
I'm not talking about the way other people dodge the content of posts. I'm talking about the way you dodge the content of posts.
"I'm not talking about the way other people dodge the content of posts."

Neither was I. What's your point? I mean, you know, other than twisting my words.

"I'm talking about the way you dodge the content of posts."

What you said was "It's interesting how often you... dodge the content of other people's posts." Other people's posts. Please tell me why I should be concerned with "other people's posts". You think I should call these "other people" out for the things they say which YOU disagree with. Sorry. Fight your own battles, if you can. But don't pontificate for pages and pages in someone else's thread, repeatedly asking the same question, over and over and over and over and over again, even after being answered the first time.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
02 Mar 16

Originally posted by divegeester
Looked bang on target to me 😉
Actually, it was far wide of the mark.

If it were a pitch, it would have been a ball, certainly not a strike, since it was so far outside the box.

Repeating something ad nauseum doesn't make it more true. That may make other weak minds agree with you, but it still doesn't make the assertion true. GB is not a criminal, and yet you both persist in making practically everything he posts into the raving of a criminal mind. I guess we should just consider the source. This is what happens when you criminalize people for merely disagreeing with you.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
02 Mar 16

Originally posted by FMF
You have dodged the content of my post. Your anecdote about someone saying "Lord, I believe, help my unbelief!" simply does not address the question that has been put to you.
So now it's sonship? Is "everyone" dodging the content of your posts? If you don't like his answers, stop asking the same question over and over again. You got your answer, regardless of whether it's the answer you were looking for. Is sonship the next person you're going to "criminalize" for disagreeing with you?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Mar 16
3 edits

Originally posted by FMF
So, if you accept that someone cannot somehow simply "decide" to believe something they don't believe in, why does your proselytism rely so heavily on ~ and so often resort to ~ the assertion that doing so is necessary and/or possible?
When you fail to convince a Christian to accept your unbelief you fall back on the word "proselytism". Everybody knows that to proselytize is a no no.

Well, I will observe Christ's commission to announce the good news.
If you follow me around and cannot subdue me to accept atheism, you can pout about such failure as me "proselytizing".

Your argument is exposed as self defeating.
A standard that you insist to lay on the evangelist you don't apply to yourself.
According to your own world view, one cannot will up to decide to believe what he doesn't believe.

The exception of course being that you desire me to will up to decide to believe in your objective figure and your alleged futility of Christians telling others how to meet the Lord.

What I rely on is the living God being real as He is and being faithful. I know that some will not believe. I know that. You don't have to remind me of that.

I know that some people will say "I cannot believe the Bible."
We simply make it up on those who do come to believe, in time.
They do experience not only their faith but God's faithfulness.

Besides, we understand as having also spent time in unbelief, even a long time.

So we see the good news spreading on the five continents.

serene

setlagole

Moves
24 Mar 16

Ladies and gentlemen, brothers and sisters, hournorable people of the world, let us come up with a coclusion on this OP.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
24 Mar 16

Originally posted by Tshotsho Khalapa
Ladies and gentlemen, brothers and sisters, hournorable people of the world, let us come up with a coclusion on this OP.
The OP is the conclusion. 😉

F

Moves
24 Mar 16

If you follow me around and cannot subdue me to accept atheism, you can pout about such failure as me "proselytizing".
Subdue you to accept atheism? What a paranoid notion it is you have!

If you don't like to get feedback on your proselytism, why do you post on a Spirituality Forum that is not a Christianity Forum and is not populated exclusively by people who already have the same beliefs as you?

F

Moves
24 Mar 16

According to your own world view, one cannot will up to decide to believe what he doesn't believe. The exception of course being that you desire me to will up to decide to believe in your objective figure and your alleged futility of Christians telling others how to meet the Lord.
In which of my posts did I talk about an "objective figure" in which I have expressed a "desire" that you "decide to believe in"? A link or links please. You're just making stuff up.

F

Moves
24 Mar 16

Originally posted by Suzianne
So now it's sonship? Is "everyone" dodging the content of your posts? If you don't like his answers, stop asking the same question over and over again. You got your answer, regardless of whether it's the answer you were looking for. Is sonship the next person you're going to "criminalize" for disagreeing with you?
"Criminalize"?

F

Moves
24 Mar 16

Originally posted by Suzianne to divegeester
GB is not a criminal, and yet you both persist in making practically everything he posts into the raving of a criminal mind. I guess we should just consider the source. This is what happens when you criminalize people for merely disagreeing with you.
He is "...not a criminal" ... "ravings of a criminal mind" ... "criminalize people" ...?

Why do you keep suggesting that people you disagree with are "criminalizing" others?

rc

Moves
24 Mar 16
3 edits

Originally posted by Suzianne
I assume you realize that all he wants is to embroil you in a contentious argument so that he can insinuate values about you. He does this almost continually, going from person to person attempting to get a rise out of them. Now I know you know this it therefore begs the question, why give him the opportunity?

F

Moves
24 Mar 16
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
I assume you realize that all he wants is to embroil you in a contentious argument so that he can insinuate values about you. He does this almost continually, going from person to person attempting to get a rise out of them. Now I know you know this it therefore begs the question, why give him the opportunity?
I asked sonship about whether he truly believes that someone can somehow choose or decide to believe something that they find unbelievable. His 'ministry' relies very heavily on the assertion that people can do such a thing. He answered with an anecdote about someone saying "Lord, I believe, help my unbelief!" which of course simply does not address the question that had been put to him. Suzianne is mistaken if she thinks it does.

serene

setlagole

Moves
24 Mar 16

Originally posted by josephw
The OP is the conclusion. 😉
I don't understand, sir.