Genesis 1:1  , John 1:1

Genesis 1:1 , John 1:1

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
29 Feb 16

Originally posted by sonship
You can argue that Jesus Christ is common and like any other belief in any other thing.
Adherents of every religion think that their religion is special.

Moves
29 Feb 16
2 edits

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
No that is not what cherry picking means as i have demonstrated with reference. Perhaps you have your own definition of cherry picking that you simply made up? It would not surprise me.

If there are more passages which we have neglected to consider, or suppressed or ignored then produce these now for as far as i can discern we have considered all ...[text shortened]... of Biblical proportions,

cake no thanks I am on a diet. I will have some cherries though 😀
I think you are cherry picking in your own understanding of cherry picking.

You may have a degree in Vegan sir, but 'words' really are my bag. (I would however seek your advice should i have an urgent query about lettuce).

'Cherry Picking', according to the Oxford English dictionary:

'Selectively choose (the most beneficial or profitable items, opportunities, etc.) from what is available.'
'Select with great care.'

Are you allowed to eat cherries without supervision?

Moves
29 Feb 16

Originally posted by sonship

It is kind of fun to sit above the dispute with objectivity and claim "cherry picking" verses is all that is going on. But sooner or latter one has to decide he wants to experience God and salvation or he does not...Don't think of this quoting of mine as picking cherries. It is more like picking fruit from the tree of life.

[quote] " The other discipl ...[text shortened]... e topic of Jesus being God, and how expiation of our sins allows us to come forward to meet God.
It remains my point sir that this 'tree of life' of yours doesn't seem to bear many trinitarian fruit. - The odd apple doesn't really make for a good crumble.

And again, i think you misunderstand atheism when you say, "sooner or latter one has to decide he wants to experience God and salvation or he does not." - For an atheist, there is no decision to be made. Why would i ponder experiencing something i don't believe is real? There is no 'Decision Day' in my thinking. I can not reject something that isn't there.

rc

Moves
29 Feb 16

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
I think you are cherry picking in your own understanding of cherry picking.

You may have a degree in Vegan sir, but 'words' really are my bag. (I would however seek your advice should i have an urgent query about lettuce).

'Cherry Picking', according to the Oxford English dictionary:

'Selectively choose (the most beneficial or profitable ite ...[text shortened]... s available.'
'Select with great care.'

Are you allowed to eat cherries without supervision?
pah, you are more cunning than a fox that studied cunning at Foxford university, enough of this quackery of yours!

Moves
29 Feb 16

pah, you are more cunning than a fox that studied cunning at Foxford university, enough of this quackery of yours!
White flag graciously accepted sir.

rc

Moves
29 Feb 16
1 edit

bwahaha you think that you would realize an epic fail when you see one. No cherry picking by the chosen ones of Jehovah.

Moves
29 Feb 16

bwahaha you think that you would realize an epic fail when you see one. No cherry picking by the chosen ones of Jehovah.
The only thing that chose you sir was the ugly stick.

😏

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
29 Feb 16

Originally posted by FMF
Do you genuinely think that people can "decide" to believe something that they simply do not believe?
I was wondering what took you so long.

Everything boils down to this for you, doesn't it?

Simplistic thinking.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
29 Feb 16

Originally posted by FMF
You sidestepped my question: do you genuinely and sincerely contend that people can "decide" to believe something that they simply do not believe?
Here's the problem with you trotting this question out again. He answered your question. Just because you cannot see what he is saying doesn't mean you have to ask again, maybe in hopes of getting an answer more to your liking. People answer this every time you drag it back out. But you, in your apparent "wisdom", feel that this question is somehow "unanswerable" and that's why you trot it out, over and over again, all the while ignoring people's answers.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
29 Feb 16

Originally posted by FMF
But I have said nothing of the sort. Do you think I can just "decide" to believe that "someone else should be the final moral governor of the universe [aside from your God figure]" even though I simply do not believe this?
Sigh. All this does is it stops the topic at hand.

And oh yeah, it makes it all about you, too.

Instead of just re-asking the question, ad nauseum, maybe you could, you know, actually address his answer instead of regurgitating the same question over and over, just because you're trolling for an answer more to your liking?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
29 Feb 16

Originally posted by FMF
I see the quotation marks. Who do you claim to be quoting here?
Again, clueles about human interaction.

Quotation marks are for more that "just" quoting what someone else says. Ever hear of "air quotes"?

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
29 Feb 16

The white flag means parley, not surrender.

Moves
29 Feb 16

Originally posted by DeepThought
The white flag means parley, not surrender.
Only if you're a pirate.

* 'The white flag is an internationally recognized protective sign of truce or ceasefire, and request for negotiation. It is also used to symbolize surrender, since it is often the weaker party which requests negotiation.'

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
29 Feb 16

Only if you're a pirate.

* 'The white flag is an internationally recognized protective sign of truce or ceasefire, and request for negotiation. It is also used to symbolize surrender, since it is often the weaker party which requests negotiation.'
http://avalon.law.yale.edu/20th_century/hague02.asp

See article 32, the bearer of the white flag is not required to be intending to negotiate a surrender.

F

Moves
29 Feb 16

Originally posted by Suzianne
Again, clueles about human interaction.

Quotation marks are for more that "just" quoting what someone else says. Ever hear of "air quotes"?
He's 'quoting' statements and questions and then addressing them but the the things he's putting in quotation marks are not the same as the statements or questions that I've put to him. It's a rhetorical device used to dodge the matter in hand.