Genesis 1:1  , John 1:1

Genesis 1:1 , John 1:1

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
01 Mar 16

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
check the clan standings Sista! Oh yes! and reality as well! 😀
Well, yeah, thanks for proving my point. You have this thing, this near win, and you disgrace it by cheating. This is you snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. And that is an epic fail like no other.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
01 Mar 16

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Self delusion is highly treatable these days sir. I recommend a course of CBT Therapy.
It's been a while since I was in school. Does NPD respond well to CBT?

F

Moves
01 Mar 16

Originally posted by Suzianne
I think FMF calls this "a swing and a miss".
It's interesting how often you use little could-be-any-forum could-be-any-topic retorts like this to dodge the content of other people's posts. If you think it's possible for someone to successfully decide to start believing something that they simply do not believe, could you give an example of you doing this in your own life?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
01 Mar 16

Originally posted by FMF
"to dodge the content of other people's posts."
This would be humorous if it weren't so self-serving.

I have no reason to "dodge" anything, especially the "content of other people's posts". Why do you think I am responsible for the "content" of GB's posts?

I posted this on page 15. Perhaps you missed it: "Why people on this site continually do this thing, where they hold third parties responsible somehow for not accosting the person they've decided they're going to vilify for merely holding their differing opinion, is beyond me."

I do not speak for other people, and I am not responsible for what they say, and unlike you, I don't hold others responsible for what some people say, just because I may disagree with them, and I certainly would not make it my "job" to vilify them for merely disagreeing with me.

Moves
01 Mar 16

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
'feel free to ignore me at anytime' - divesjeester
Do you think telling me directly, rather than posting a response to me in a reply to someone else, will somehow upset the delicate balance of the horrid little world you inhabit?

Moves
01 Mar 16

I think FMF calls this "a swing and a miss".
Looked bang on target to me 😉

F

Moves
01 Mar 16

This would be humorous if it weren't so self-serving.

I have no reason to "dodge" anything, especially the "content of other people's posts". Why do you think I am responsible for the "content" of GB's posts?

I posted this on page 15. Perhaps you missed it: "Why people on this site continually do this thing, where they hold third parties responsible ...[text shortened]... them, and I certainly would not make it my "job" to vilify them for merely disagreeing with me.
I'm not talking about the way other people dodge the content of posts. I'm talking about the way you dodge the content of posts.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Mar 16

But you are a Christian, so obviously you believe that Jesus is not quite like anything or anyone else. I am not seeking "refuge" or seeking to feel "secure". I am curious as to whether you realize how heavily your ministry relies on a psychologically bogus implicit assertion: that people can somehow choose or decide to believe things that they don't believe.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If it is true what you say then it is a self defeating psychological argument as well.

How then can I just "choose" to believe you in what you say?
I can't. I can't. I can't. Don't you see ?

Self defeating argument you have there Doc.

F

Moves
01 Mar 16

Originally posted by sonship
If it is true what you say then it is a self defeating psychological argument as well.

How then can I just "choose" to believe you in what you say?
I can't. I can't. I can't. Don't you see ?

Self defeating argument you have there Doc.
I don't think you being facetious works in this matter.

Can you provide an example from your own life where you decided to believe something even though you didn't believe it and didn't think it was true?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Mar 16

I don't think you being facetious works in this matter.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

According to your own philosophy I cannot simply decide to believe you have a valid point which needs any further discussion.

By your own philosophy, I can't just "decide" what you teach is true.
Want to play a game of chess ?

F

Moves
01 Mar 16

According to your own philosophy I cannot simply decide to believe you have a valid point which needs any further discussion.

By your own philosophy, I can't just "decide" what you teach is true.
The question is this: if you believe that what I am saying is not true, do you think you can simply decide to believe it anyway.

F

Moves
01 Mar 16

Sometimes it is hard. But I remember the man who cried out "Lord, I believe, help my unbelief!" .[/b]
So let's get this straight. I asked: Do you genuinely think that people can "decide" to believe something that they simply do not believe? And your answer is: I remember the man who cried out "Lord, I believe, help my unbelief!".

In other words, you are suggesting that the person who simply does not believe your claims about your God figure should "decide" that your God figure exists, decide to pray to Him, and decide to ask him for help with believing in Him. Is that right?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Mar 16

So let's get this straight.
----------------------------------------

Translation - Let me twist your logic, and call that "getting it straight."

rc

Moves
01 Mar 16

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Self delusion is highly treatable these days sir. I recommend a course of CBT Therapy.
carrobie busted theory? No thanks i choose life!

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Mar 16

In other words, you are suggesting that the person who simply does not believe your claims about your God figure should "decide" that your God figure exists, decide to pray to Him, and decide to ask him for help with believing in Him. Is that right?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other words, you're saying that the person who simply does not believe your claims about your objective figure [you] should "decide" that your objective figure exists, decide to be persuaded of your objective arguments, ... etc. etc. Is that right ?

The rule applies to the preaching evangelist.
But it does not apply to the preacher of the existence of your objective character.

Sorry, I just can't "decide" that this objective truth seeking figure exists, according to your own philosophy.