Four Kinds of Forgiveness

Four Kinds of Forgiveness

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
22 Jan 19

@sonship said
@FMF

I am not "forever at enmity with God" I am simply not a member of your religion. That's all.

The law of gravity exists. It does so even though I am not a member of the Physics Department at MIT.

If you have no ultimate moral truth then how can you judge your eternal punishment as ultimately against the highest moral good?

Is your self l ...[text shortened]... ve the highest religion ?
Will your self love be the final bar of judgment for all beings?
Does "self love" mean 'not a member of your religion?

F

Moves
22 Jan 19

@sonship said
@FMF

All this seemingly emotional ranting, sonship, instead of addressing the content of my calm and sincere answers. What gives?

Who said you cannot be dead wrong and calm at the same time?
Unlike you, I am calm. I am calm because I have no reason to think I am "dead wrong".

F

Moves
22 Jan 19

@sonship said
So FMF is a debonair Cary Grant of "Agnostic Atheism" as cool as Miles Davis. Like ... big deal.
Miles Davis? Cary Grant?

F

Moves
22 Jan 19

@sonship said
No answer seen yet why an your inordinate self love puts you beyond the possibility of being under eternal retribution.
I have responded 2-3 times to your "self-love" riff. You are blanking it out.

F

Moves
22 Jan 19

@sonship said
The law of gravity exists. It does so even though I am not a member of the Physics Department at MIT.
The law of gravity is not proof that your particular religion is a true revelation - to human beings - of a creator being.

F

Moves
22 Jan 19

@sonship said
If you have no ultimate moral truth then how can you judge your eternal punishment as ultimately against the highest moral good?
Your notion of so-called "ultimate moral truth" is just as subjective as my notion of right and wrong. All you and I have is personal, subjective, unique moral compasses that synthesize the nature and nurture that affects us. We just strive to use it as a guide to do the best we can. Your stuff about torture as a revenge for lack of belief is just incoherent to me.

F

Moves
22 Jan 19
1 edit

@sonship said
Will your self love be the final bar of judgment for all beings?
What a silly question. Even if the term "self love" meant something to me, why would it be? What is this "final bar of judgment for all beings"? Are you referring to your own theist notions again as if I share them?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
22 Jan 19

Suzianne,

Did you have any thoughts on this question to you?

When God swallowed up Pharoah and his pursuing army in the Red Sea in His wrath, was that an expression also of His love for His saved Israelites brought out in the Exodus ?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
22 Jan 19
8 edits

@FMF

MIles Davis was a US Jazz musician sometimes called "the king of cool." Cary Grant was a suave US Hollywood actor. I compared your strutting about that - "Sonship is Oh So Emotional but FMF is Oh So Calm" to them.

You knew who Frank Zappa was. You should know who the epitome of American cool jazz was - Mr. calm / cool agnostic atheist.

Why is eternal retribution not just ?

According to who's final authoritative evaluation is eternal punishment even theoretically morally wrong ?

You don't have to be a Christian to answer that.

F

Moves
22 Jan 19

@sonship said
MIles Davis was a US Jazz musician sometimes called "the king of cool." Cary Grant was a suave US Hollywood actor. I compared your strutting about that - "Sonship is Oh So Emotional but FMF is Oh So Calm" to them.
What is the matter with you?

F

Moves
22 Jan 19

@sonship said

Why is eternal retribution not just ?

According to who's final authoritative evaluation is eternal punishment even theoretically morally wrong ?
I have told you why I think your moral ideology is incoherent dozens and dozens of times, including on this thread. You are blanking it out. I am posting responses but you are ignoring them.

F

Moves
22 Jan 19

@sonship said
You knew who Frank Zappa was. You should know who the epitome of American cool jazz was - Mr. calm / cool agnostic atheist.
Why are you posting this kind of rhetorical dreck?

F

Moves
22 Jan 19

@sonship said
According to who's final authoritative is eternal punishment even theoretically morally wrong ?
What "final authoritative evaluation"? You are asking me as if I am someone lying about not being a theist?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
22 Jan 19

@FMF

Your notion of so-called "ultimate moral truth" is just [quote] Your stuff about torture as a revenge for lack of belief is just incoherent to me.

There are many criminals in prison for whom it is incoherent why they are not free to carry on their criminal lives as before they were incarcerated.

That is an imperfect human institution capably even of mistakes. What about one conducted by an infallible God with whom there could be no mistake?

I know you claim to lack belief as a specialized " Agnostic Atheist " (making sure you cover all bases).

But maybe it is unrealistic to me to imagine that ultimately anyone gets away with anything. Either there is an absolute acquittal such as Justification or there is a reckoning.

Why should I assume the default reality is that we all will jump into our graves laughing at what we were able to get away with?

I say you've got an illusion going. No accounting is as illusionary as no Creator is illusionary.

Why should I think the un-justified will not suffer eternal retribution ? What is inherently illogical about me taking seriously one who told us of these things and had to life to indicate He had authority in that realm of knowledge?

F

Moves
22 Jan 19

@sonship said
There are many criminals in prison for whom it is incoherent why they are not free to carry on their criminal lives as before they were incarcerated.

That is an imperfect human institution capably even of mistakes. What about one conducted by an infallible God with whom there could be no mistake?

I know you claim to lack belief as a specialized " Agnostic Atheist ...[text shortened]... who told us of these things and had to life to indicate He had authority in that realm of knowledge?
I refer you back to all the straight forward and honest answers I have been posting which you are blanking out.