1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jan '19 17:293 edits
    I recommend this reading from a book called Love One Another which were messages by Watchman Nee in Foochow, China in 1948.

There are four kinds of forgiveness on the Bible. Nee is quite clear to show us the difference. The inclusion of examples is very helpful.

It is first recommended to Christians who are not clear about seemingly contradictory verses about forgiveness in the Bible.

1.) Eternal forgiveness

2.) Borrowed forgiveness

3.) Communal forgiveness

4.) Governmental forgiveness (great examples)

In my opinion the best benefit from listening to this is to hear it through for its 39 some minutes.

For some to hear it more than once or the difficult parts more than once will bring the best benefit.

Love One another -Chapter 1 By Watchman Nee
    YouTube
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jan '19 18:14
    @sonship said
    I recommend this reading from a book called Love One Another which were messages by Watchman Nee in Foochow, China in 1948.

There are four kinds of forgiveness on the Bible. Nee is quite clear to show us the difference. The inclusion of examples is very helpful.

It is first recommended to Christians who are not clear about seemingly contradictory verses about f ...[text shortened]...
    Love One another -Chapter 1 By Watchman Nee
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKJSQKHzk-U
    Would you mind providing a one sentence synopsis of each type of forgiveness please, so those of us currently in “at a glance mode” can still think about it.

Thanks
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jan '19 19:28
    It is first recommended to Christians who are not clear about seemingly contradictory verses about forgiveness in the Bible.

1.) Eternal forgiveness

2.) Borrowed forgiveness

3.) Communal forgiveness

4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Taken by aliens
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Jan '19 20:08
    'Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.'

Mark Twain
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jan '19 20:51
    @sonship said

1.) Eternal forgiveness

2.) Borrowed forgiveness

3.) Communal forgiveness

Ok suit yourself.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jan '19 21:302 edits
    @divegeester

I misunderstood the request.
    Now that I have placed a short phrase after each kind of forgiveness, it is all the more necessary to hear the whole message out.

Please do not come back with criticism based only on reading these brief additional phrases.

1.) Eternal forgiveness - effecting everlasting life, eternal redemption

2.) Borrowed forgiveness - the church informs of forgiveness.

3.) Communal forgiveness - fellowship is restored being effected by sinning after receiving eternal salvation.

4.) Governmental forgiveness (great examples) - forgiveness which is not without discipline.
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    18 Jan '19 22:39
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

I misunderstood the request.
    Now that I have placed a short phrase after each kind of forgiveness, it is all the more necessary to hear the whole message out.

Please do not come back with criticism based only on reading these brief additional phrases.

1.) Eternal forgiveness - effecting everlasting life, eternal redemption

2.) Borrowed forgiv ...[text shortened]... n.

4.) Governmental forgiveness (great examples) - forgiveness which is not without discipline.
    Four kinds of transport
    1.) Eternal transport - being in a jam on M25

2.) Borrowed transport - carjacking.

3.) Communal transport - uber

4.) Governmental transport (great examples) - bus or train
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Jan '19 00:50

Removed by poster

9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Jan '19 07:21
    @sonship said
    @divegeester
    Now that I have placed a short phrase after each kind of forgiveness, it is all the more necessary to hear the whole message out.Please do not come back with criticism based only on reading these brief additional phrases.
    I am not going to be coerced or blackmail into spending 40 minutes listening to a YouTube clip by your inability to condense your thoughts into more managable chunks.

This is one of the issues I have with you sonship, you try to force-feed readers your ideas. I am not interested in traversing lengthy YouTube clips or wading through reams of your multiple back-to-back posts in order to address or even to find out whatever point it is you are trying to make.

Here is a short read about online communication and general netiquette which. you may find helpful.

https://www.eztalks.com/unified-communications/incredible-tips-for-effective-online-communication.html
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Jan '19 07:443 edits
    @divegeester
    I am not going to be coerced ...

I don't think you should listen to the video. Don't worry about any coercion from me.
    Just the opposite is the case.

You should not listen to anything I suggest to anyone here.
    It is better that you don't even read anything I say here. You better stop.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Jan '19 09:05
    @sonship said
    @divegeester
    I am not going to be coerced ...

I don't think you should listen to the video. Don't worry about any coercion from me.
    Just the opposite is the case.

You should not listen to anything I suggest to anyone here.
    It is better that you don't even read anything I say here. You better stop.
    There no need to drop into child mode sonship; but anyway I still recommend you inform yourself of some online communication techniques.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Jan '19 14:52
    Matthew 18:2-4 New International Version (NIV)

2 He called a little child to him, and placed the child among them. 3 And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
  13. S. Korea
    Moves
    20 Jan '19 06:59
    Forgiveness should be freely given, of course, but the idea that it should come without conditions, or without the necessary reactions to the initial actions would be off.

So, we are forced into situations where we must punish in addition to forgive.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Jan '19 07:47
    @philokalia said
    Forgiveness should be freely given, of course, but the idea that it should come without conditions, or without the necessary reactions to the initial actions would be off.

So, we are forced into situations where we must punish in addition to forgive.
    For example?
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Jan '19 11:12
    @sonship said
    @divegeester
    3.) Communal forgiveness - fellowship is restored being effected by sinning after receiving eternal salvation.
    I feel that I simply must point out here your misspelling/misuse.

You used effected when you meant to use affected. Using the word effected changes the meaning of what you're trying to say into its opposite.

Affected - Fellowship is restored [after] being affected (changed) by sinning after receiving eternal salvation.

Effected - Fellowship is restored [after] being effected (brought about) by sinning after receiving eternal salvation.

So, surely you meant affected. As written, it makes no sense to the Christian, and I wanted to make sure this did not become yet another bone some could pick with you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree