1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Feb '19 15:54
    @FMF

I am not blind. And I can see the sun. So can you. You are like someone who is making claims about a sun/star so far away that absolutely no one has any evidence that it exists.

Physically you see.
    Spiritually, God is incoherent to you.

You've repeated that many times. Or God's final redemption and final judgment are "incoherent" you say.

Some of these posts have at the right a little Thumbs Up to stand for someone's approval and a Thumbs Down to stand for someone's disapproval.

I don't like to use the example, but it is relevant. There is a universal thumbs up and a universal thumbs down.

The Bible speaks to this and you find it "incoherent".

Or to be fair, perhaps you don't believe it could be coherent unless it is you making the final decision. But the final decision is not yours. And you are not the center of all reality and the universe. Neither am I the center.

quote]
    And then on top of that, you are trying to threaten me with being supernaturally tortured for eternity unless I also believe the star exists. [/quote]

This has not worked. Penalty for breaking civil law is not merely a threat. It is warning of penalty.

If you break the speed limit you won't do well to appear before a traffic judge complaining that you didn't appreciate his threatening you with speed limit signs.

In fact the judge may even be a relative of yours. But the law is the law. And a penalty is affixed to the crime of speeding and a it is well published. You may complain that someone didn't know. But you are not that person.

That is imperfect law in human society. Perfect law from God is without mistake. So I spend at least equal time to study all that God has done (and He has done quite much) that I would not be caught in the penalty of rebellion against God and His law.

Now I just received an important phone call and must immediately suspend all other activity.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Feb '19 18:24
    @sonship said
    @FMF

I am not blind. And I can see the sun. So can you. You are like someone who is making claims about a sun/star so far away that absolutely no one has any evidence that it exists.

Physically you see.

You've repeated that many times. Or God's final redemption and final judgment are "incoherent" you say.

...[text shortened]... has done quite much) that I would not be caught in the penalty of rebellion against God and His law.
    No. The "universal thumbs down" analogy that you have trotted out several times before is a dud. So is the one when you make an analogy between the laws of human beings and the "laws" you imagine your god figure has imposed. Both duds. And the speeding one too. I am not in a car. There is no speed limit. I am not speeding. There is no judge. And there are no speed limits.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Feb '19 18:30
    @sonship said
    If you break the speed limit you won't do well to appear before a traffic judge complaining that you didn't appreciate his threatening you with speed limit signs.
    Your religious assertions are like you claiming I am in a car, and there is a speed limit and I am speeding and there is a judge and there is a speed limit, when in fact none of these things are real.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Feb '19 17:57
    @FMF

The analogy works fine though limited as most analogies are.

Your criticism fails to impress me when "religious assertion" amounts to anything you don't want to hear.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Feb '19 01:091 edit
    @sonship said
    Your criticism fails to impress me when "religious assertion" amounts to anything you don't want to hear.
    Why would your god figure torture me in secret after I die for remaining unaffected and unimpressed by your religious assertions? What is the moral logic of that?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Feb '19 08:111 edit
    @sonship said
    SecondSon, on another thread, has suggested that the notion of someone feeling "fear" in the face of a threat from divine entity that they do not find credible and do not believe in, is "idiotic". If SecondSon can realize it's idiotic, can your god figure/your ideology not realize it too? Your ideology is rooted in parochial, half-baked thinking and moral nonsense.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Feb '19 22:461 edit
    @FMF

Parochial ?

The New Testament is not the sole subsidiary of any particular "parish". That's nonsense.

It is no more "parochial" then air belongs to the local TV weather channel.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '19 00:10
    @sonship said
    @FMF

Parochial ?
    Yes. Mundane. Manmade. Limited.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Feb '19 02:221 edit
    @FMF

Mundane. Manmade. Limited.

While you're concerned with "mundane, manmade, limited" verify your lying that over on Christ - the Place of Redemption

sonship claims to be "becoming like Jesus" every day.

There's some mundane, limited, manmade speech masquerading as honest talk for you to verify.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '19 02:26
    @sonship said
    There's some mundane, limited, manmade speech masquerading as honest talk for you to verify.
    I am being honest on the other thread.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Feb '19 21:382 edits
    @FMF

Being honest?
    Not attested to by your refusal and/or inability to provide evidence of something you announced that I said.

BADLY, you mistake yourself for the person you wish you were.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '19 23:23
    @sonship said
    @FMF

Being honest?
    Yes. 100% honest. If you are not "becoming like Jesus" today, or if you weren't "becoming like Jesus" yesterday, or you won't be "becoming like Jesus" tomorrow, so be it. Things change. Maybe it's for the better. I'm not much impressed anyway by what seems to be the effect of you believing you are "becoming like Jesus" has on you. If you are no longer "becoming like Jesus" every day, so be it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree