Four Kinds of Forgiveness

Four Kinds of Forgiveness

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
22 Jan 19
2 edits

@sonship said
There are many criminals in prison for whom it is incoherent why they are not free to carry on their criminal lives as before they were incarcerated.
Are there? Sounds to me like incoherent grasping hogwash on your part.

F

Moves
22 Jan 19

@sonship said
Why should I think the un-justified will not suffer eternal retribution ?
Who has said you should?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
22 Jan 19
1 edit

@FMF

You don't like to be on the defensive end of a debate do you?

You want to always be in the examiner's seat putting others on the defensive to your questionings.

Take your turn to defend your philosophy.

The concept of eternal retribution is without any conceivable moral ground because __________________________ ?

Just because you don't like it ??

F

Moves
22 Jan 19

@sonship said
What is inherently illogical about me taking seriously one who told us of these things and had to life to indicate He had authority in that realm of knowledge?
Nothing is stopping you from thinking whatever you want. I am not asking you to change religion. I am not asking you to give up your Jesus/Abrahamic God stuff and follow me instead.

F

Moves
22 Jan 19

@sonship said
@FMF

You don't like to be on the defensive end of a debate do you?

You want to always be in the examiner's seat putting others on the defensive to your questionings.

Take your turn to defend your philosophy.

The concept of eternal retribution is without any conceivable moral ground because __________________________ ?

Just because you don't like it ??
It's about belief v lack of belief. I don't believe the stuff you believe. I am not "defensive" in the slightest. I refer you back to all the honest and point blank responses about the incoherence of your torturer god ideology that you are meticulously blanking out.

F

Moves
22 Jan 19

@sonship said
You are blanking my answer out. You are blanking it out on this thread. [Are you reading my posts?] You have been blanking it out and pretending that I am somehow a rascally theist for a decade.

F

Moves
22 Jan 19

@sonship said
I say you've got an illusion going. No accounting is as illusionary as no Creator is illusionary.
Fine. I am Ok with you believing what you want about what you find illusionary and not illusionary. Your certainty and sincerity has no effect on me.

F

Moves
22 Jan 19

@sonship said
Why should I assume the default reality is that we all will jump into our graves laughing at what we were able to get away with?
No one is saying you "should". There is no onus on you to do so, "laughing" or "jumping" or otherwise.

F

Moves
22 Jan 19
1 edit

sonship, do you think it would be morally sound for me to be tormented by burning flames for eternity as an angry revenge for the lack of belief ~ in the things you believe in ~ that I am demonstrating and explaining on this thread?

F

Moves
22 Jan 19
2 edits

@sonship said
Why should I assume the default reality is that we all will jump into our graves laughing at what we were able to get away with?
Don't you believe that Christians "get away with" whatever they do in their lifetimes [and, indeed, proceed to an everlasting life] as long as they sincerely believe they are forgiven by Jesus' sacrifice and if they sincerely believe that they are being repentant in the eyes of the "still living" Jesus?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
22 Jan 19
2 edits

@FMF

What is the answer then from you that I should use to fill in the blank ?

You seem to be saying the answer has been given and ignored by me.

But what I see is an answer to another question which I have not asked. "Do you have a belief or lack a belief in God?"

That's not my question. Why is it morally incoherent that the possibility of eternal retribution be enacted ?

You judge it so because of what ?

1.) It is impossible?

2.) It would be too evil ?

3.) It would be undeserving on any grounds?

4.) It cannot be imagined ?

5.) It violates any sense of decency conceivable to human beings ?

6.) Torture is bad as everyone knows ?

7.) We should be able to lack belief in God/s and be left alone forever, living however we wish ?

I don't see your answer why.

F

Moves
22 Jan 19

@sonship said
@FMF

What is the answer then from you that I should use to fill in the blank ?

You seem to be saying the answer has been given and ignored by me.

But what I see is an answer to another question which I have not asked. "Do you have ...[text shortened]... belief in God/s and be left alone forever living however we wish ?

I don't see your answer why.
I refer you back to the answer that you have blanked out.

F

Moves
22 Jan 19

@sonship said
Why is it morally incoherent that the possibility of eternal retribution be enacted?
For the reason I have given. For the reason I have been giving you for ten years. The torturer god ideology is for the backslaping consumption of believers. It's incoherent to non-believers. Have you seen Dr Strangelove?

F

Moves
22 Jan 19

@sonship said
You seem to be saying the answer has been given and ignored by me. But what I see is an answer to another question which I have not asked. "Do you have a belief or lack a belief in God?"That's not my question.
You are being profoundly dishonest.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
22 Jan 19

@FMF

Don't you believe that Christians "get away with" whatever they do in their lifetimes [and, indeed, proceed to an everlasting life] as long as they sincerely believe they are forgiven by Jesus' sacrifice and if they sincerely believe that they are being repentant in the eyes of the "still living" Jesus?

You want to take up your more comfortable position of NOT being on the defensive but putting me in the defensive.

You wish to perpetually be the one doing the examination with questions don't you?

" I do the examining always and you do the defending always."

I do not see your clear explanation why eternal retribution in concept is morally wrong on any grounds conceivable.

As to me thinking Justification is free forgiveness? That is not so. The saved sinner is not one whose debt has been overlooked. He is a saved sinner whose dept in God's arrangement has been paid.

IT may appear free from our side. From the standpoint of the Ultimate Governor there is no such thing as free forgiveness.

It is also forgviness which which cannot fail to transform the sinner to be ultimately free from being able to ever transgress God again. He cannot be acquitted and remain forever the same kind of person.

How many times have you see me write something like this over the years ?

The forgiven sinner under God's salvation gets something and doesn't get something.

He gets to be forgiven of every sin he ever committed as if he had never sinned.

He does not get to remain the same kind of person he was forever as when he sinned.

How many times have you seen me write something like this?
More than once, I am sure.