Coercion and deterrence and assertions

Coercion and deterrence and assertions

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
05 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Good point for a Christian who’s also an evolutionist.
I guess they would take original sin itself as figurative.

F

Moves
05 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Have you opened a Holy Bible?

Why are you relying on other people to tell you about the afterlife?

Why not open a Holy Bible, read it and sincerely ask God to enlighten you about what you don’t understand?

Isn’t that a wiser course than relying on fallible men to tell you about the afterlife when they’ve never been there?

Why not go to the Source?
The Bible iis just ancient Hebrews and Christians describing their mythology.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Jan 22

@fmf said
The Bible iis just ancient Hebrews and Christians describing their mythology.
Really? That’s all there is?

If you really believe that, I don’t think you’ve ever read the Holy Bible, at least not with any discernment.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Jan 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I guess they would take original sin itself as figurative.
So you think Christian evolutionists don’t believe humans have a sin nature and don’t believe the saying, “We’re not sinners because we sin. We sin because we’re sinners.”

F

Moves
05 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Have you opened a Holy Bible?

Why are you relying on other people to tell you about the afterlife?

Why not open a Holy Bible, read it and sincerely ask God to enlighten you about what you don’t understand?
I am not a Christian. And, as you admitted about yourself on another thread about an hour ago: "I'm just speaking to the Christian's here. If one is not a Christian I'm pretty sure they can figure that out."

F

Moves
05 Jan 22

@sonship said
@josephw

Just to let you know -
Dasa is FMF's favorite person to compare people with.
Only when their approach to discourse is comparable to Dasa's. In which case, the comparison is apt.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Jan 22

@fmf said
I am not a Christian. And, as you admitted about yourself on another thread about an hour ago: "I'm just speaking to the Christian's here. If one is not a Christian I'm pretty sure they can figure that out."
You’re mixing me up with someone else. I never said that.

F

Moves
05 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
You’re mixing me up with someone else. I never said that.
True. I got you mixed up with galveston75, who's the poster who said it. You both have a similar mindset. My mistake.

IP

Moves
05 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
I disagree. But I’m not an evolutionist.

And if Adam and Eve didn’t exist, the ramifications of that go well beyond Genesis.
If the bible story is literally true and Adam and Eve actually existed, they had two sons. Can you explain to everyone how the next generation happened? Sounds to me like an evolutionary dead - end.
By the way I'm not an 'evolutionist' either, any more than I'm an 'It's Thursday morningist', things are just as they are.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Jan 22

@indonesia-phil said
If the bible story is literally true and Adam and Eve actually existed, they had two sons. Can you explain to everyone how the next generation happened? Sounds to me like an evolutionary dead - end.
By the way I'm not an 'evolutionist' either, any more than I'm an 'It's Thursday morningist', things are just as they are.
<<By the way I'm not an 'evolutionist' either, any more than I'm an 'It's Thursday morningist', things are just as they are.>>

It’s not Thursday morning all over the world at the same time, is it?

The theory of evolution is a joke.

As for your question about Adam and Eve, I haven’t read the genealogies in Genesis in a long time, but I will tonight and get back to you.

F

Moves
05 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
As for your question about Adam and Eve, I haven’t read the genealogies in Genesis in a long time, but I will tonight and get back to you.
Whoosh

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Jan 22

@fmf said
Whoosh
How so?

Obviously incest was involved but I don’t know who slept with whom.

And does any evolutionist here wanna explain how reproduction started? Did the male and female of a species evolve at the same time? I guess that was some pretty smart “natural selection,” knowing a male with certain sexual anatomy and a female with certain sexual anatomy would be required.

F

Moves
05 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
How so?

Obviously incest was involved but I don’t know who slept with whom.
"Obviously incest was involved" would have been a non-whoosh answer; talking about how you need to consult "the genealogies in Genesis" gets a whoosh.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Jan 22

@fmf said
"Obviously incest was involved" would have been a non-whoosh answer; talking about how you need to consult "the genealogies in Genesis" gets a whoosh.
Wanna explain how reproduction started from an evolutionary standpoint? Did the male and female of a species evolve at the same time? I guess that was some pretty smart “natural selection,” knowing a male with certain sexual anatomy and a female with certain sexual anatomy would be required.

F

Moves
05 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Wanna explain how reproduction started from an evolutionary standpoint? Did the male and female of a species evolve at the same time? I guess that was some pretty smart “natural selection,” knowing a male with certain sexual anatomy and a female with certain sexual anatomy would be required.
Take it to the Science Forum, spanky!