Christians/Muslims

Christians/Muslims

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
11 Jun 17

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
It's professional. Yours is ill informed.
According to which objective standard is your opinion correct and mine wrong?

F

Moves
11 Jun 17

Originally posted by dj2becker
But I did not use the word 'damaged' and yet you said that I did.
You said that used these words: "It's one thing to get out of a cult but it is another thing to get the cult out of you".

They seem to me to indicate, on some level, that you are conceding - wittingly or unwittingly - that you were damaged by your cult experience. What do you now claim you meant by them?

Moves
11 Jun 17
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
You said that used [b]these words: "It's one thing to get out of a cult but it is another thing to get the cult out of you".

They seem to me to indicate, on some level, that you are conceding - wittingly or unwittingly - that you were damaged by your cult experience. What do you now claim you meant by them?[/b]
You took a bunch of words I said and replaced it with your own word and then claimed that I said it. Dishonest on your part.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
11 Jun 17

According to which objective standard is your opinion correct and mine wrong?
If you went to a dentist, wouldn't you value his professional opinion on dealing with plaque?

I'm telling you, as a trained professional that deprivation 'is' a form of abuse. That's my objective standard. What's yours?!

F

Moves
11 Jun 17

You took a bunch of words I said and replaced it with your own word and then claimed that I said it. Dishonest on your part.
Here is that 'bunch of words' again:

"It's one thing to get out of a cult but it is another thing to get the cult out of you."

If I have misinterpreted their meaning, why not say what you did mean by them?

Moves
11 Jun 17

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
If you went to a dentist, wouldn't you value his professional opinion on dealing with plaque?

I'm telling you, as a trained professional that deprivation 'is' a form of abuse. That's my objective standard. What's yours?!
I think plaque and psychological abuse are vastly different. What objective standard did the people who gave you your professional training use to establish what psychological abuse was?

Moves
11 Jun 17

Originally posted by FMF
Here is that 'bunch of words' again:

"It's one thing to get out of a cult but it is another thing to get the cult out of you."

If I have misinterpreted their meaning, why not say what you did mean by them?
So do you agree that you took a bunch of words I said and replaced it with a word of your own and then claimed that I said it without me clarifying what they meant?

F

Moves
11 Jun 17
1 edit

So do you agree that you took a bunch of words I said and replaced it with a word of your own and then claimed that I said it without me clarifying what they meant?
No I don't. I have explained that my interpretation of your words is that they are either a conscious or perhaps an inadvertent acknowledgement that you're damaged by your cult experience. And the more this routine of yours continues, the more I reckon I have hit the nail on the head. Why don't you clarify what you now want me to think you meant?

Moves
11 Jun 17

Originally posted by FMF
No I don't. I have explained that my interpretation of your words is that they are either a conscious or perhaps an inadvertent acknowledgement that you're damaged by your cult experience. And the more this routine of yours continues, the more I reckon I have hit the nail on the head. Why don't you clarify what you now want me to think you meant?
You can deny it but the evidence is there for everyone to see.

Why are you now asking for clarification if you have already stated what I said as a fact?

F

Moves
11 Jun 17

Why are you now asking for clarification if you have already stated what I said as a fact?
If you think my interpretation is wrong, you should clarify.

Moves
11 Jun 17

Originally posted by FMF
If you think my interpretation is wrong, you should clarify.
I don't think I am the one who needs to be clarifying anything. Why did you use a different word and claim that I said it? Why didn't you use my exact words if your intention was not to twist the meaning and use it for your own devious means?

F

Moves
11 Jun 17

I don't think I am the one who needs to be clarifying anything. Why did you use a different word and claim that I said it? Why didn't you use my exact words if your intention was not to twist the meaning and use it for your own devious means?
That you are conceding that you are damaged is my interpretation of the real life meaning of your words... which I quoted verbatim. Feel free to clarify if you think I am mistaken.

F

Moves
11 Jun 17

I don't think I am the one who needs to be clarifying anything.
See the question in my last post on page 50.

Moves
11 Jun 17

Originally posted by FMF
That you are conceding that you are damaged is my interpretation of the real life meaning of your words... which I quoted verbatim. Feel free to clarify if you think I am mistaken.
Why are you now asking for clarification if you have already decided what they mean? Shouldn't you ask for clarification before you post your perceived meaning to be my own words?

F

Moves
11 Jun 17

Why are you now asking for clarification if you have already decided what they mean?
Just in case I've got it wrong.