Christians/Muslims

Christians/Muslims

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
11 Jun 17

Originally posted by FMF
How is your habitual intellectual and intetpersonal behaviour here connected to your supposedly having been in a cult? Which of these impacts would you like "to get rid of"?
Hold on, first I would like an explanation from you as to why you twisted my words, inserted you own and claimed they were mine?

F

Moves
11 Jun 17

Originally posted by dj2becker
Are are starting to sound like our cult leader to be quite honest.
The one who didn't allow you to talk to the opposite sex, or to watch TV, or listen to non Christian music, or to think for yourself, or to question the way you were being treated, and forced it all upon everyone with threats of cruel psychological punishments. I am like him am I?

F

Moves
11 Jun 17

Hold on, first I would like an explanation from you as to why you twisted my words, inserted you own and claimed they were mine?
What are you on about?

Moves
11 Jun 17
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
The one who didn't allow you to talk to the opposite sex, or to watch TV, or listen to non Christian music, or to think for yourself, or to question the way you were being treated, and forced it all upon everyone with threats of cruel psychological punishments. I am like him am I?
In a way you are enforcing your personal opinion about what constitutes 'psychological abuse' upon me, as if only you are entitled to an opinion and I am not. That is pretty much the same thing that is done in a cult is it not? Maybe you are not as free of indoctrination as you might seem to think.

F

Moves
11 Jun 17

In a way you are enforcing your personal opinion about what constitutes 'psychological abuse' upon me, as if only you are entitled to an opinion and I am not. That is pretty much the same thing that is done in a cult is it not? Maybe you are not as free of indoctrination as you might seem to think.
This is nadiresque.

Moves
11 Jun 17
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
This is nadiresque.
Ok you are entitled to your opinion but I am not? Is that what you are trying to say?

F

Moves
11 Jun 17
1 edit

Ok you are entitled to your opinion but I am not? Is that what you are trying to say?
I have placed no restrictions on you.

I have not deprived you of anything.

I have made no threats.

I exert no power over you.

You are free to say and think what you want.

And you are not a child.

How am I like your cult leader?

Moves
11 Jun 17

Originally posted by FMF
I have placed no restrictions on you.

I have not deprived you of anything.

I have made no threats.

I exert no power over you.

You are free to say and think what you want.

And you are not a child.

How am I like your cult leader?
Are you or are you not trying to enforce your opinion of what constitutes psychological abuse on me?

Are only you entitled to your opinion or am I entitled to mine as well?

F

Moves
11 Jun 17

Are you or are you not trying to enforce your opinion of what constitutes psychological abuse on me?
Go through the list. Which 'cult leader type things' am I doing to you? Have I placed restrictions on you? No. Have I deprived you of anything? No. Have I made any threats? No. Do I exert any power over you? No. Are you free to say and think what you want.? Yes. Are you a child? No.

I don't see how I am like your cult leader in any way.

F

Moves
11 Jun 17

FMF: When you bear in mind the words of mine it was in reply to, what do you now claim the sentence "It's one thing to get out of a cult but it is another thing to get the cult out of you" means?

It is not always easy to get rid of old habits.
How is your habitual intellectual and interpersonal behaviour here connected to your supposedly having been in a cult?

Which of these impacts would you like "to get rid of"?

Moves
11 Jun 17

It is not always easy to get rid of old habits.
Such as lying, for example...

Moves
11 Jun 17
1 edit

Don't be ridiculous, this is an internet discussion forum where you are anonymous and operating under at least two online identies, either of which you can and have ditched. Grow up.

Moves
11 Jun 17

Originally posted by FMF
Go through the list. Which 'cult leader type things' am I doing to you? Have I placed restrictions on you? No. Have I deprived you of anything? No. Have I made any threats? No. Do I exert any power over you? No. Are you free to say and think what you want.? Yes. Are you a child? No.

I don't see how I am like your cult leader in any way.
Am I entitled to my opinion that I was not psychologically abused? Yes or No?

Moves
11 Jun 17

Originally posted by FMF
How is your habitual intellectual and interpersonal behaviour here connected to your supposedly having been in a cult?

Which of these impacts would you like "to get rid of"?
Oh have you forgotten? I asked you why you twisted my words to mean I was damaged?

F

Moves
11 Jun 17

Am I entitled to my opinion that I was not psychologically abused? Yes or No?
I have answered this. I exert no power or any restrictions over you and you are free to think and say whatever you want.