Christians/Muslims

Christians/Muslims

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
11 Jun 17

Originally posted by FMF
You don't think deliberately depriving a child of intellectual stimulus, emotional stability, normal interpersonal relationships, and the means by which to think for themselves, is not a form of abuse?
Not everyone who is subjected to an environment of abuse feels abused do they?

F

Moves
11 Jun 17

Originally posted by dj2becker
Not everyone who is subjected to an environment of abuse feels abused do they?
Try reading the actual content of the discussion.

F

Moves
11 Jun 17

...you are welcome to think I was psychologically abused, that doesn't change the way I feel about it.
When I put this to you"

"Well your unpleasant experience has certainly taken its toll on you in interpersonal terms as a conversationalist and as a promoter of your current beliefs. Your manner and rhetorical tricks are like those of someone who is still trapped in a cult."

Your reply was:

"It's one thing to get out of a cult but it is another thing to get the cult out of you."

What did you mean by that?

Moves
11 Jun 17

Originally posted by FMF
Try reading the actual content of the discussion.
Maybe take your own advice, I have always maintained that I did not feel abused. If you think that I need to feel abused even if I don't then so be it.

F

Moves
11 Jun 17

Maybe take your own advice, I have always maintained that I did not feel abused. If you think that I need to feel abused even if I don't then so be it.
And yet you have conceded that you were damaged by it.

Moves
11 Jun 17

Originally posted by FMF
And yet you have conceded that you were damaged by it.
Did I use the word 'damaged' or are you putting it in my mouth?

F

Moves
11 Jun 17

Did I use the word 'damaged' or are you putting it in my mouth?
You said "It's one thing to get out of a cult but it is another thing to get the cult out of you." and you have blanked out more than half a dozen inquiries as to what you meant. Presumably you now wish you hadn't conceded that information seeing as it is, at this juncture, inconvenient to you.

Moves
11 Jun 17
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
You said "It's one thing to get out of a cult but it is another thing to get the cult out of you." and you have blanked out more than half a dozen inquiries as to what you meant. Presumably you now wish you hadn't conceded that information seeing as it is, at this juncture, inconvenient to you.
So then do you admit that you did put the word 'damaged' in my mouth? Don't you think it is dishonest to use a word that I never used?

F

Moves
11 Jun 17

So then do you admit that you did put the word 'damaged' in my mouth? Don't you think it is dishonest to use a word that I never used?
I am saying that when you say "It's one thing to get out of a cult but it is another thing to get the cult out of you" I interpret it to mean that you concede that you have been damaged by the cult. If it does not mean that, why not explain what you did mean by it? You have been asked to six or seven times.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
11 Jun 17

Deprivation is not the same as abuse in my opinion.
You are wrong.

Change your opinion.

Moves
11 Jun 17

Originally posted by FMF
I am saying that when you say "It's one thing to get out of a cult but it is another thing to get the cult out of you" I interpret it to mean that you concede that you have been damaged by the cult. If it does not mean that, why not explain what you did mean by it? You have been asked to six or seven times.
Ok so you have put words in my mouth. Thanks for clearing that up.

Moves
11 Jun 17

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
You are wrong.

Change your opinion.
So is your opinion on the matter absolute?

F

Moves
11 Jun 17

Ok so you have put words in my mouth. Thanks for clearing that up.
I have done no such thing. I have quoted you verbatim: "It's one thing to get out of a cult but it is another thing to get the cult out of you". You can see the quotation marks.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
11 Jun 17

So is your opinion on the matter absolute?
It's professional. Yours is ill informed.

Moves
11 Jun 17

Originally posted by FMF
I have done no such thing. I have quoted you verbatim: "It's one thing to get out of a cult but it is another thing to get the cult out of you". You can see the quotation marks.
But I did not use the word 'damaged' and yet you said that I did.