Christians/Muslims

Christians/Muslims

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
11 Jun 17

Originally posted by FMF
See the question in my last post on page 50.
Why are you asking me what the words I said actually mean after posting other words as my own?

F

Moves
11 Jun 17

Originally posted by dj2becker
Shouldn't you ask for clarification before you post your perceived meaning to be my own words?
I did. I asked for clarification on page 50 (not to mention dozens of pages ago on this thread). So, as you see, I posted it before I posted my interpretation (which was on page 51). You now have the opportunity to set the record straight, unless you think I am right.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
11 Jun 17

I think plaque and psychological abuse are vastly different. What objective standard did the people who gave you your professional training use to establish what psychological abuse was?
So now you want to take on the standard psychological understanding that deprivation is a form of abuse, rather than simply admit you didn't realise deprivation was a form of abuse, and as a consequence, widen your definition? Is that what an adult would do?

F

Moves
11 Jun 17
1 edit

Why are you asking me what the words I said actually mean after posting other words as my own?
I posted four things: [1] your words, reproduced verbatim; I did not attribute any other words to you; [2] a question: "Why did you mean?" [which has been asked several times already earlier on the thread but you ignored it]; [3] my interpretation of what they mean; [4] repeated invitations for you to correct my interpretation if you think it is wrong.

Moves
11 Jun 17
1 edit

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
So now you want to take on the standard psychological understanding that deprivation is a form of abuse, rather than simply admit you didn't realise deprivation was a form of abuse, and as a consequence, widen your definition? Is that what an adult would do?
You are claiming the standard for psychological understanding is objective when it clearly is based upon the subjective opinions of some people.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
11 Jun 17

That is a lie FMF. I said honors degree, do you have any clue what the difference between a bachelors degree and an honors degree is? Go back and read my post.
My bachelor's degree is an honours degree.

F

Moves
11 Jun 17
1 edit

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
My bachelor's degree is an honours degree.
Fetchmyjunk/dj2becker is from South Africa where it is organized differently.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
11 Jun 17

The discussion was about whether or not I felt psychologically abused.
No, the discussion was about whether on not you had been psychologically abused, not whether you felt you had been. A victim is often completely unaware of being subjected to such, and may for years after not only feel that they were not abused, but hold their abuser in high regard.

c

Moves
11 Jun 17

Enough is enough people!!!!

Move the fuk on!!!!

Are you guys perfect? No!!!!

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
11 Jun 17

Originally posted by chaney3
Enough is enough people!!!!

Move the fuk on!!!!

Are you guys perfect? No!!!!
Fallen off the wagon, hey?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
11 Jun 17

You are claiming the standard for psychological understanding is objective when it clearly is based upon the subjective opinions of some people.
The opinion of professional people, yes.

Please explain why you, in isolation, believe that deprivation is not a form of abuse. (And please don't refer back to your basic dictionary definition of abuse, but in the grown up understanding that abuse comes in many forms).

c

Moves
11 Jun 17

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Fallen off the wagon, hey?
No, you guys have proven yourselves to be savages in this thread.

It's actually quite disturbing.

What do you hope to gain here?

F

Moves
11 Jun 17

The discussion about the nature of psychological abuse, if one ignores some of the repetitious back and forth, might be of benefit to someone. And certainly light has been shed upon the nature of denial. Someone might find it interesting. Who knows. I have.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
11 Jun 17

No, you guys have proven yourselves to be savages in this thread.

It's actually quite disturbing.

You have proven yourself to be savage and disturbing in many threads, what did you hope to gain?

Moves
11 Jun 17

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
No, the discussion was about whether on not you had been psychologically abused, not whether you felt you had been. A victim is often completely unaware of being subjected to such, and may for years after not only feel that they were not abused, but hold their abuser in high regard.
Well you certainly are trying to enforce your opinion of what it means to be psychologically abused upon me.