C.S. Lewis, The Case for Christianity

C.S. Lewis, The Case for Christianity

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
24 Apr 20

@dj2becker said
You said that I was suffering from autism in a very mocking way.
No, I did not. You are completely mistaken.

Moves
24 Apr 20

@fmf said
No, I did not. You are completely mistaken.
Why then did you say I was autistic if your intention was not to mock me?

F

Moves
24 Apr 20

@dj2becker said
Why then did you say I was autistic if your intention was not to mock me?
Because of your pattern of behaviour. That's why I asked you about it. Because of your behaviour. Because of the content of your posts. Because you were not processing the content of the replies you were eliciting. It seemed like it was either [1] dysfunction or impairment or [2] dishonesty.

Many people had stopped interacting with you and yet I was preserving. I was looking for some explanation of what was going on... with the way you were conducting yourself and what you were writing. How can that be construed as "mocking"?

For me to ask about autism in your case was not an insult and it makes you sound like a jerk to pretend you think it was.

How on Earth can you be a teacher and not know about autism or asperger's syndrome? Because that's what it means if you think my enquiry was groundless and "mocking".

F

Moves
24 Apr 20

I went through all this with you before. Do you really not remember?

Moves
24 Apr 20
2 edits

@fmf said
Because of your pattern of behaviour. That's why I asked you about it. Because of your behaviour. Because of the content of your posts. Because you were not processing the content of the replies you were eliciting. It seemed like it was either [1] dysfunction or impairment or [2] dishonesty.

Many people had stopped interacting with you and yet I was preserving. I was looking f ...[text shortened]... erger's syndrome? Because that's what it means if you think my enquiry was groundless and "mocking".
Assuming you really thought I was autistic and or actually knew people who suffer from autism you would not ask someone to share that private information on a public forum.

Diagnoses are immensely personal medical information and that is not something appropriate to ask somebody to share. Unless of course you were mocking them.

If you are friends and they want you to know, they will tell you.

If you are a service provider and you need that information, you let them know why you feel you need that information, and they will tell you.

If you are also autistic and you think they might be too, you volunteer your own diagnosis if that feels right, and if they wish, they will tell you.

You were clearing mocking me.

F

Moves
24 Apr 20

@dj2becker said
Assuming you really thought I was autistic and or actually knew people who suffer from autism you would not ask someone to share that private information on a public forum.
Nonsense. If you are going to post in a public forum you should be open about it. Autism is not a dirty secret or something to be ashamed of.

F

Moves
24 Apr 20

@dj2becker said
Diagnoses are immensely personal medical information and that is not something appropriate to ask somebody to share. Unless of course you were mocking them.
If someone is autistic and is stalking someone around from forum to forum and from thread to thread, addressing 95% of their posts to one other poster, then I don't think they should be denying that they are autistic or trying to keep it secret. Not if they are posting in public and are getting accused by multiple posters of trolling. Once again, autism is not a dirty secret and it is nothing to be ashamed of.

Moves
24 Apr 20

@fmf said
Nonsense. If you are going to post in a public forum you should be open about it. Autism is not a dirty secret or something to be ashamed of.
Wow so as a supposed university lecturer you would ask a student in your class in front of their peers whether they suffered from autism? Either your facade is crumbling or you're just an insensitive cockwomble.

F

Moves
24 Apr 20

@dj2becker said
If you are friends and they want you to know, they will tell you.
There is no need for someone who is autistic to keep it secret and certainly should not be doing so once people have interpreted their behaviour, in public, as trolling. Prior to your sudden change from Fetchmyjunk to dj2becker, at least a dozen regular posters had accused you of trolling and stopped engaging you.

F

Moves
24 Apr 20

@dj2becker said
Wow so as a supposed university lecturer you would ask a student in your class in front of their peers whether they suffered from autism? Either your facade is crumbling or you're just an insensitive cockwomble.
Everybody in a university class and all their lecturers are fully aware of those among them who are 'on the spectrum' to a degree that affects their behaviour and their interpersonal relationships.

F

Moves
24 Apr 20

@dj2becker said
You were clearing mocking me.
No, I wasn't. And I don't think you are a mature or experienced enough person to either [1] realize it, or [2] concede that you have misread this situation.

Moves
24 Apr 20
1 edit

@fmf said
There is no need for someone who is autistic to keep it secret and certainly should not be doing so once people have interpreted their behaviour, in public, as trolling. Prior to your sudden change from Fetchmyjunk to dj2becker, at least a dozen regular posters had accused you of trolling and stopped engaging you.
Surely whether someone should be open about their autism or not is up to them to decide and not you? Unbelievable!

Moves
24 Apr 20

@fmf said
Everybody in a university class and all their lecturers are fully aware of those among them who are 'on the spectrum' to a degree that affects their behaviour and their interpersonal relationships.
Under which rock to you live? Many people have gone through university without ever being tested.

F

Moves
24 Apr 20

@dj2becker said
If you are also autistic and you think they might be too, you volunteer your own diagnosis if that feels right, and if they wish, they will tell you.
I asked you if autism was the reason for your dysfunctional attempts at discourse and your bizarre interpersonal behaviour. You assured me you were not autistic, so I did not raise it again and I have perceived you as a common or garden troll ever since.

F

Moves
24 Apr 20

@dj2becker said
Under which rock to you live? Many people have gone through university without ever being tested.
The system doesn't always work.