C.S. Lewis, The Case for Christianity

C.S. Lewis, The Case for Christianity

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
24 Apr 20

@fmf said
So why did you use multiple accounts to reply to me on this thread?
Why do you keep on asking me if you’ve already made up your mind ?

F

Moves
24 Apr 20
1 edit

@dj2becker said
Why do you keep on asking me if you’ve already made up your mind ?
I am asking you because I want to know what your explanation is.

Moves
24 Apr 20

@fmf said
I am asking you because I want to know what your explanation is.
Why do you want to know?

F

Moves
24 Apr 20
1 edit

@dj2becker said
Why do you want to know?
Because you used multiple accounts on this thread to address me just as you used multiple accounts on the same thread to address me a couple of years ago, behaviour for which you subsequently apologized. You seem to believe that my use of an account called John W Booth ten years ago places a question mark, to this day, over my integrity despite hearing my explanation and despite knowing what my reaction was to being called out for it. So, now I am interested in what your explanation for your behaviour is.

Moves
24 Apr 20
2 edits

@fmf said
Because you used multiple accounts on this thread to address me just as you used multiple accounts on the same thread to address me a couple of years ago, behaviour for which you subsequently apologized. You seem to believe that my use of an account called John W Booth ten years ago places a question mark, to this day, over my integrity despite hearing my explanation and despite ...[text shortened]... to being called out for it. So, now I am interested in what your explanation for your behaviour is.
Ghost alluded to the fact that 'deliberately posting from multiple accounts' puts a hole in any integrity balloon I try and float here.

I simply asked him whether the same logic applied to you. I never said anything about your integrity.

F

Moves
24 Apr 20

@dj2becker said
I never said anything about your integrity.
Using multiple accounts is behaviour lacking in integrity. It's something you apologized for, for that reason. You said earlier on this thread that you find it interesting that I continue to pursue your behaviour with my "history as a multiple account holder". If you were not alluding to my integrity, what does my "history as a multiple account holder" matter?

F

Moves
24 Apr 20

@dj2becker said
Ghost alluded to the fact that 'deliberately posting from multiple accounts' puts a hole in any integrity balloon I try and float here.
Has your use of multiple accounts to reply to me on this thread been a demonstration of your integrity, to your way of thinking?

Moves
24 Apr 20
1 edit

@fmf said
Using multiple accounts is behaviour lacking in integrity. It's something you apologized for, for that reason. You said earlier on this thread that you find it interesting that I continue to pursue your behaviour with my "history as a multiple account holder". If you were not alluding to my integrity, what does my "history as a multiple account holder" matter?
So actually you’re agreeing with Ghost that your behavior of using multiple accounts lacked integrity?

I was simply questioning Ghost to see whether he was applying his logic consistently.

Moves
24 Apr 20

@fmf said
Has your use of multiple accounts to reply to me on this thread been a demonstration of your integrity, to your way of thinking?
I don't think something done unintentionally could be linked to integrity, no.

F

Moves
24 Apr 20

@dj2becker said
So actually you’re agreeing with Ghost that your behavior of using multiple accounts lacked integrity?
I have stated clearly what I think about using multiple accounts. Why ask me again? Do you think using multiple accounts lacks integrity and/or do you think being secretive about why one used multiple accounts lacks integrity?

F

Moves
24 Apr 20

@dj2becker said
I don't think something done unintentionally could be linked to integrity, no.
So why did you use multiple accounts to reply to me on this thread? You suddenly used an account that hasn't been used for nearly ten years and then quickly thought better of it and deleted it. Since then you have been trying to keep the reason you used multiple accounts on this thread a secret.

Moves
24 Apr 20

@fmf said
I have stated clearly what I think about using multiple accounts. Why ask me again? Do you think using multiple accounts lacks integrity and/or do you think being secretive about why one used multiple accounts lacks integrity?
I think if you have a good enough reason to keep something secret you should. Do you believe keeping a secret demonstrates a lack of integrity?

F

Moves
24 Apr 20

@dj2becker said
I was simply questioning Ghost to see whether he was applying his logic consistently.
So why did you suddenly use an account called "mariekeXIV" to address me on this thread?

Moves
24 Apr 20

@fmf said
So why did you use multiple accounts to reply to me on this thread? You suddenly used an account that hasn't been used for nearly ten years and then quickly thought better of it and deleted it. Since then you have been trying to keep the reason you used multiple accounts on this thread a secret.
Do you believe it is impossible to have a good enough reason to keep something secret? Or do all secrets allude to a lack of integrity?

Moves
24 Apr 20

@fmf said
So why did you suddenly use an account called "mariekeXIV" to address me on this thread?
If I didn't think I had a good enough reason to keep that a secret I would have told you a long time ago. Do you believe keeping secrets is an indication of a lack of integrity?