Being a deist

Being a deist

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
11 Jan 22

@divegeester said
I’m asking you if you are a member of a named Christian denomination?
What part of no, never have didn't you understand?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
11 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
What part of no, never have didn't you understand?
I understand “no” perfectly, I just wish you had used it in one of the previous times of my asking.

Moves
11 Jan 22

@divegeester said
I understand “no” perfectly, I just wish you had used it in one of the previous times of my asking.
Please try not to be so egocentric.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
12 Jan 22

@divegeester said
I’m asking you if you are a member of a named Christian denomination?
I am.

Why is this such a big, aching deal to you? Apparently, you have some kind of problem with it, although perhaps not quite as much as Rajk.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
12 Jan 22
1 edit

@suzianne said
I am.

Why is this such a big, aching deal to you? Apparently, you have some kind of problem with it, although perhaps not quite as much as Rajk.
It isn’t, read the exchange between KellyJay and I.

He is asserting that he has no interest in pigeonholing Christians, so I was trying to pin him down on whether he was a member of a named denomination, which are the key “pigeonholes” in terms of segmentation of the various branches of the Christian church.

He finally, after me chasing him down, said that he is NOT a member of a named denomination.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
12 Jan 22

@divegeester said
It isn’t, read the exchange between KellyJay and I.

He is asserting that he has no interest in pigeonholing Christians, so I was trying to pin him down on whether he was a member of a named denomination, which are the key “pigeonholes” in terms of segmentation of the various branches of the Christian church.

He finally, after me chasing him down, said that he is NOT a member of a named denomination.
Even if I belong to one that would not mean I couldn’t use denominations to pigeonhole people due to where they go to church. I could do that in or outside of any denomination so that question of my denomination has nothing to do with how I view others. They could be a faithful Christian or not regardless of where they go it is a individual question not one of groups not how others view them.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
12 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
Even if I belong to one that would not mean I couldn’t use denominations to pigeonhole people due to where they go to church. I could do that in or outside of any denomination so that question of my denomination has nothing to do with how I view others. They could be a faithful Christian or not regardless of where they go it is a individual question not one of groups not how others view them.
Okay, I accept this position KellyJay, it’s reasonable.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Jan 22

@avalanchethecat said
Interesting window into your mind.

So actually you do believe in evolution, but you just hate it? Strange flex but ok.
I don’t spend every day arguing that the theory of evolution isn’t true.

Can atheists on here say the same for their arguing about the existence of God?

False comparison on your part.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Jan 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
He also believes in the gods of other religions and hates them with a passion.
I’ve never argued against the existence of gods of other religions and rarely being them up.

Your false comparison is even worse than avalanchethecat’s.

You’re on here literally every day arguing against the existence of God and/or the validity of the Holy Bible or trashing both.

Strange behavior for someone who doesn’t believe in God or that the Bible is the Word of God.

God is living rent free in your head and you’re obsessed with an entity you claim doesn’t exist.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
13 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
I don’t spend every day arguing that the theory of evolution isn’t true.

Can atheists on here say the same for their arguing about the existence of God?

False comparison on your part.
You have spent a great deal of time here arguing in an uninformed and vociferous manner that the theory of evolution is not only not true, but is actually fraudulent.
But regardless, I wasn't comparing you to anybody.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
13 Jan 22

@avalanchethecat said
You have spent a great deal of time here arguing in an uninformed and vociferous manner that the theory of evolution is not only not true, but is actually fraudulent.
I have many issues with the mechanisms that evolutionary processes are argued to have and some of their claims. Most surround informational properties within life directing the processes of various functions; they are like biological code, which suggests a code writer. I'm unaware of digital code or written words that do not require an agency behind them for their source. Even AI, the code it produces, owes its very existence to the human mind. So it boils down for me whether evolution is true or not depending on how we define it. Is it a product of mindlessness or intelligence?

Moves
13 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
I’ve never argued against the existence of gods of other religions and rarely being them up.

Your false comparison is even worse than avalanchethecat’s.

You’re on here literally every day arguing against the existence of God and/or the validity of the Holy Bible or trashing both.

Strange behavior for someone who doesn’t believe in God or that the Bible is the Word of ...[text shortened]...

God is living rent free in your head and you’re obsessed with an entity you claim doesn’t exist.
Do you believe Vishnu exists?

If you say no, is it okay if I say, "aha, I think you do believe in Vishnu and are only saying you don't because you hate him."

You'd be cool with that?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Jan 22

@avalanchethecat said
You were claiming a comparison between atheists like Ghost who argue every day against the existence of God and validity of the Holy Bible and who trash both and myself who *occasionally* argues against the theory of evolution.

That’s a false comparison.

And you can falsely characterize my arguments as uninformed, but the fact remains you couldn’t produce a shred of evidence for macroevolution.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Jan 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Do you believe Vishnu exists?

If you say no, is it okay if I say, "aha, I think you do believe in Vishnu and are only saying you don't because you hate him."

You'd be cool with that?
Only if I spent literally every day arguing against the existence of vishnu, the way you do with the God of the Holy Bible.

Moves
13 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Only if I spent literally every day arguing against the existence of vishnu, the way you do with the God of the Holy Bible.
Consider this then. If this forum was dominated by people arguing for the existence of Leprechauns, I would still be here every day pointing out the absurdity.

You know this to be true.