Being a deist

Being a deist

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Jan 22

@fmf said
You have spent almost all your time indulging in sanctimonious trash talk and often commenting on how much you revel in doing so. For you to mention "Jesus" in the context of how you choose to conduct yourself sounds really tawdry. You let yourself down. Constantly.
josephw extends an olive branch to you, and you swat it away and spit in his face.

You have no class.

F

Moves
10 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
josephw extends an olive branch to you, and you swat it away and spit in his face.
josephw has extended "olive branches" on numerous occasions. It's always been completely bogus.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Jan 22

@fmf said
josephw has extended "olive branches" on numerous occasions. It's always been completely bogus.
You’ll understand if I don’t believe you given your history of lying about me

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
10 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Right. I’m saying many people who claim to be atheists really aren’t atheists. They’re haters of God.

I can think of no other reason why so many self-described atheists would spend so much time arguing against God’s existence and trashing him.

There are people who sincerely believe man never set foot on the moon - that the moon landing was all staged in a Nevada desert. ...[text shortened]... e for the sake of amusement or entertainment, but I certainly wouldn’t waste time arguing with them.
Interesting window into your mind.

So actually you do believe in evolution, but you just hate it? Strange flex but ok.

Moves
10 Jan 22

@avalanchethecat said
Interesting window into your mind.

So actually you do believe in evolution, but you just hate it? Strange flex but ok.
He also believes in the gods of other religions and hates them with a passion.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
10 Jan 22

@fmf said
I wonder if you can rise to the challenge of writing a 110-word definition of a Christian? You can make "we are to test ourselves" five of those words if you want. You still have 105 words to play with.
John 3:36
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.

Mark 16:16
Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

Romans 1:16
For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.

2 Corinthians 5:21
For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

Right with God by Christ <-110 words

F

Moves
10 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.

Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to ...[text shortened]... in, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

And you would replace my definition of a Christian with these few sentences from the Bible?

F

Moves
10 Jan 22
1 edit

@kellyjay said
2 Corinthians 5:21

A Christian, is, of course, going to subscribe to these verses. But this selection [yes, yes, I KNOW only 100 words is a tall order] has [nevertheless] nothing about Jesus' sacrifice and him conquering death; nothing much about Jesus' teaching or what obeying him means or, indeed, what kind of faith is dead; a strong leaning towards you personally being "saved". I get it. Fair enough.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
10 Jan 22

@fmf said
And you would replace my definition of a Christian with these few sentences from the Bible?
Saved by Jesus Christ, He is with us or not.

F

Moves
10 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
Saved by Jesus Christ, He is with us or not.
I don't think what we are talking about benefits from resorting to bumperstickerism.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
10 Jan 22

@fmf said
I don't think what we are talking about benefits from resorting to bumperstickerism.
Any words I choose that can be said about them. Bottom line if Christ has redeemed us than He being the Way, Truth, and Life has saved us. Anyone can say that they are saved but if Jesus isn’t in them, if their hearts are far from God, they are deceiving themselves. The world has both in it.

F

Moves
10 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
Anyone can say that they are saved but if Jesus isn’t in them, if their hearts are far from God, they are deceiving themselves. The world has both in it.
So, to you, is no one a fellow Christian because you have no way of knowing "if their hearts are far from God" or if they are "deceiving themselves"? Are you the ONLY Christian in the world you are certain exists?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
10 Jan 22

@kellyjay said

For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to ...[text shortened]... in, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

There is no expression 'right with God' in the bible. That comes from your church. Had you used the bible expressions you would find it says
- those who inherit the Kingdom of God [or some similar phrase]
- those who are cast out [or similar]

And these expressions do not come attached to any of your references. Instead they are all related to good works, righteousness and keeping the commandments. This means that many of your people who qualify as a 'right with God' person will not inherit the Kingdom of God because they did not keep the commandments.

So your definition of Christian and your doctrine is deficient.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
10 Jan 22
1 edit

@fmf said
So, to you, is no one a fellow Christian because you have no way of knowing "if their hearts are far from God" or if they are "deceiving themselves"? Are you the ONLY Christian in the world you are certain exists?
I don’t worry about it is the Lord not me who sorts us out. No one looks to me too see who Jesus is doing a work of sanctification on, and who is on the outside looking in. We can look at each life’s fruit are they full of it grace, forgiving, or do they look no different than the rest? I can’t tell personally, some I know who refuse Christ on the outside look better than those who claim to know Him. It however isn’t the outside that matters as Christ in us.

Turning someone’s like around can be messy. It isn’t up to me to sort us out. If they claim the name then I am to love them as brothers and sisters the Word applies to us all, if they reject Christ I am obligated to love them because Jesus died for them as He did for me.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
10 Jan 22

@rajk999 said
There is no expression 'right with God' in the bible. That comes from your church. Had you used the bible expressions you would find it says
- those who inherit the Kingdom of God [or some similar phrase]
- those who are cast out [or similar]

And these expressions do not come attached to any of your references. Instead they are all related to good works, righteousness ...[text shortened]... ey did not keep the commandments.

So your definition of Christian and your doctrine is deficient.
Read the scriptures.