Being a deist

Being a deist

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
10 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
Read the scriptures.
That is very bad advice. Look at you church people, you read the scripturas and your doctrine is nonsense. Look at the Priest and Levite in the parable of the Good Samaritan, who surely were bible scholars and they are heading for damnation. Look at all these bible readers who are nothing but arrogant hypocrites.

The best advice is for someone to be like the Good Sanaritan and keep the commandments. There is no other sure way of getting eternal life.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
10 Jan 22

@rajk999 said
That is very bad advice. Look at you church people, you read the scripturas and your doctrine is nonsense. Look at the Priest and Levite in the parable of the Good Samaritan, who surely were bible scholars and they are heading for damnation. Look at all these bible readers who are nothing but arrogant hypocrites.

The best advice is for someone to be like the Good Sanaritan and keep the commandments. There is no other sure way of getting eternal life.
You are one of the very few who claim to understand scripture and says reading it is a bad idea.

F

Moves
10 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
I don’t worry about it is the Lord not me who sorts us out. No one looks to me too see who Jesus is doing a work of sanctification on, and who is on the outside looking in. We can look at each life’s fruit are they full of it grace, forgiving, or do they look no different than the rest? I can’t tell personally, some I know who refuse Christ on the outside look better than those who claim to know Him. It however isn’t the outside that matters as Christ in us.
Given your definition and subsequent comments, are you the only Christian in the world you are certain exists?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
10 Jan 22
1 edit

@fmf said
Given your definition and subsequent comments, are you the only Christian in the world you are certain exists?
I'm not keeping score, putting people on scales attempting to determine where they will fall out concerning Christ. Jesus has this, not me, and I'm not here to judge, to be a gatekeeper on who is going to make it or not. I hate pigeonholing people, but I find myself doing it, where I stop looking at people as individuals and instead make them into this box, or that box, it robs them and me of our individually.

F

Moves
10 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
I'm not keeping score, putting people on scales attempting to determine where they will fall out concerning Christ. Jesus has this, not me, and I'm not here to judge, to be a gatekeeper on who is going to make it or not. I hate pigeonholing people, but I find myself doing it, where I stop looking at people as individuals and instead make them into this box, or that box, it robs them and me of our individually.
So you are unable to acknowledge anyone else as being a fellow Christian, is that what you mean? I said nothing about Christianity being a "box" or a "pigeonhole".

Is it a case of... There is KellyJay and then there are people who "claim" to be Christians. But KellyJay can't acknowledge that they are fellow believers in Jesus because to do so would "rob them" and KellyJay "of their individuality"?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
10 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
Christianity segments it’s followers into “boxes”, they are called denominations.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
10 Jan 22

@divegeester said
Christianity segments it’s followers into “boxes”, they are called denominations.
If I cared about denominations, but I don't, as I pointed out to you, it's Jesus, not labels we use.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
11 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
If I cared about denominations, but I don't, as I pointed out to you, it's Jesus, not labels we use.
Are you a member of a named Christian church denomination?

F

Moves
11 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
We can look at each life’s fruit are they full of it grace, forgiving, or do they look no different than the rest? I can’t tell personally, some I know who refuse Christ on the outside look better than those who claim to know Him. It however isn’t the outside that matters as Christ in us.
So, there can be no Christian fellowship or community in your life, is that the implication of what you are saying? As you said: "Anyone can say that they are saved but if Jesus isn’t in them, if their hearts are far from God, they are deceiving themselves." This is your perspective on the people in your life who "claim" they are Christians?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
11 Jan 22

@divegeester said
Are you a member of a named Christian church denomination?
What is that to you?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
11 Jan 22
2 edits

@fmf said
So, there can be no Christian fellowship or community in your life, is that the implication of what you are saying? As you said: "Anyone can say that they are saved but if Jesus isn’t in them, if their hearts are far from God, they are deceiving themselves." This is your perspective on the people in your life who "claim" they are Christians?
I acknowledge that within the body of believers I fellowship with, some can have a right relationship with Christ, and some don't. You want to judge people, try to find the good ones; we are all sinners, that is the default starting position; Christ takes sinners and walks with them, making them more like Him. His voice, not mine, is the one people belong to listen for; whatever 'implication' you think about is of no concern to me. God calls us all; we each will give an account for what we did with our lives, not how we hand-picked or figured out those that God accepted and rejected.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
11 Jan 22

@fmf said
So you are unable to acknowledge anyone else as being a fellow Christian, is that what you mean? I said nothing about Christianity being a "box" or a "pigeonhole".

Is it a case of... There is KellyJay and then there are people who "claim" to be Christians. But KellyJay can't acknowledge that they are fellow believers in Jesus because to do so would "rob them" and KellyJay "of their individuality"?
So in your opinion, does being a deist have anything to do with me whatsoever? Why am I getting the third degree?

F

Moves
11 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
Christ takes sinners and walks with them, making them more like Him.
In what way are you "more like Jesus"? How does this manifest itself?

F

Moves
11 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
Why am I getting the third degree?
Translation: someone is reading what you are writing and responding to it.

F

Moves
11 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
I acknowledge that within the body of believers I fellowship with, some can have a right relationship with Christ, and some don't.
Have you ever met anyone you believed was a Christian in the way you see yourself as being a Christian?