Being a deist

Being a deist

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
11 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
So in your opinion, does being a deist have anything to do with me whatsoever?
If you want to discuss the thread topic, that's OK. If you don't, that's also OK. It was you who asked the question: "What is a genuine Christian?" I am simply engaging you on this.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
11 Jan 22

@fmf said
If you want to discuss the thread topic, that's OK. If you don't, that's also OK. It was you who asked the question: "What is a genuine Christian?" I am simply engaging you on this.
Fair enough, ask away.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
11 Jan 22

@fmf said
Have you ever met anyone you believed was a Christian in the way you see yourself as being a Christian?
Most I know.

F

Moves
11 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
Most I know.
@fmf said
Have you ever met anyone you believed was a Christian in the way you see yourself as being a Christian?

@kellyjay said
Most I know.

Do you tend to think they are merely claiming to be Christians if their faith-speak is not more or less identical to yours?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
11 Jan 22

@fmf said
@fmf said

@kellyjay said
Most I know.

Do you tend to think they are merely claiming to be Christians if their faith-speak is not more or less identical to yours?
Not sure what you are asking. When I first became a Christian (25 years old), I didn't know much of scripture; I read it and copied it by hand so I could. I had two Mormon Missionaries come to my house; I didn't know too much about them at that time. We talked for a few hours, and it was frustrating; we were using the exact words, but we were not saying the same things.

I don't know what you mean by 'faith speak,' but I know them in and out of the church; I see the things they do, the love and dedication they have. They care for people; it isn't a show thing; if it were, our fellowship wouldn't be the place to go since, as I told you, we meet in a barn. Most of us left a large church to start another in a poor section of town where we live. We are small, so there is setup and taking down equipment before and after every service, getting everything ready, no glory when all the extra stuff you do is hours before the crowd shows up.

F

Moves
11 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
I don't know what you mean by 'faith speak,' but I know them in and out of the church; I see the things they do, the love and dedication they have. They care for people; it isn't a show thing.
Is their faith making them more like Jesus than they once were?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
11 Jan 22

@fmf said
Is their faith making them more like Jesus than they once were?
I think God changes us all as we walk with Him; I know what I was like before age 25 and not a Christian, closing in on 66 soon.

F

Moves
11 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
I think God changes us all as we walk with Him; I know what I was like before age 25 and not a Christian, closing in on 66 soon.
I am not interested in asking you about your beliefs in the past. I am just interested in your current beliefs. Do you believe you are like Jesus to some degree?

F

Moves
11 Jan 22
1 edit

@kellyjay said
I know them in and out of the church; I see the things they do, the love and dedication they have. They care for people; it isn't a show thing.
You could be talking about Muslims here; they focus on family, community and charity [and their direct relationship with the Abrahamic God]. Assuming what I am saying about them is true, is the love and dedication they have ~ and the way they care for people ~ "like Jesus"?

F

Moves
11 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
I don't know what you mean by 'faith speak,'.
Do they make the same assertions and declarations about Jesus and about themselves* as you do?

* this is what I mean by faith-speak

Moves
11 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
What is that to you?
This is such a pathetic dodge KellyJay.

You claimed that you were not interested in denominations. I’m asking you if you are a member of one, and you immediately run away.

Can you not see how silly this makes you appear?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
11 Jan 22

@fmf said
I am not interested in asking you about your beliefs in the past. I am just interested in your current beliefs. Do you believe you are like Jesus to some degree?
I hope so, yes.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
11 Jan 22

@fmf said
Do they make the same assertions and declarations about Jesus and about themselves* as you do?

* this is what I mean by faith-speak
We don't agree on every point.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
11 Jan 22
1 edit

@divegeester said
This is such a pathetic dodge KellyJay.

You claimed that you were not interested in denominations. I’m asking you if you are a member of one, and you immediately run away.

Can you not see how silly this makes you appear?
How I appear to you I've gone way past carrying; it doesn't matter what I say you'll find fault; it is what you do, and no, never have been.

Moves
11 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
How I appear to you I've gone way past carrying; it doesn't matter what I say you'll find fault; it is what you do, and no, never have been.
I’m asking you if you are a member of a named Christian denomination?