1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 May '22 10:11
    @moonbus said
    If you say you did not give some post a TD, I believe you. Why do you think it necessary to change the code to reveal everyone else’s identity here?
    I'm not saying that; I'm saying give the option. With a filter that you can turn on or
    off, you get to choose every time you desire to. I'd like to know, and I'd like others to
    know, but I'm not asking everyone to be outed if they have no desire to be.
  2. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    17 May '22 11:31
    @kellyjay said
    I'm not saying that; I'm saying give the option. With a filter that you can turn on or
    off, you get to choose every time you desire to. I'd like to know, and I'd like others to
    know, but I'm not asking everyone to be outed if they have no desire to be.
    I have no objection to that.
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    17 May '22 13:541 edit
    @moonbus said
    You just want to out your detractors.

But you probably know who most of them are anyway.
    @moonbus,

This is true I know who has thumbed down my posts or more accurate to say would have a very good idea who did it. It is the same 3 or 4 majority of the time.

These are members who love to argue about anything with anyone including you, which gets them no where as far as I am concerned.

I don't know how many alerts I get accused of making sometimes up to 5 or 6. As everyone is aware the Divegeester rule changed that to one poster only being allowed 3 per day, so how could I alert 5 or 6. It actually becomes very comical after a while. 🙂

EDIT: Now it appears they are trying to have posters shown so they can go after them, just so obvious for all to see I am sure.

-VR
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 May '22 16:541 edit
    @very-rusty said
    @moonbus,

This is true I know who has thumbed down my posts or more accurate to say would have a very good idea who did it. It is the same 3 or 4 majority of the time.

These are members who love to argue about anything with anyone including you, which gets them no where as far as I am concerned.

I don't know how many alerts I get accused of making sometimes up to ...[text shortened]... ng to have posters shown so they can go after them, just so obvious for all to see I am sure.

-VR
    If I was worried about what they or anyone says I would not post here. All I am asking is if we desire out thumbs up or down be something that shows up if we want them to.
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    18 May '22 14:39
    @kellyjay said
    If I was worried about what they or anyone says I would not post here. All I am asking is if we desire out thumbs up or down be something that shows up if we want them to.
    Kellyjay,

Not everyone is like us. I think it just fine the way things are with the thumbs.

-VR
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 May '22 17:27
    @very-rusty said
    Kellyjay,

Not everyone is like us. I think it just fine the way things are with the thumbs.

-VR
    Well I asked, yes or no out of my hands.
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    18 May '22 20:24
    @kellyjay said
    Well I asked, yes or no out of my hands.
    Kelly,
    It has been debated so much I think people lose interest after awhile.

It is out of all our hands.

-VR
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 May '22 16:37
    @suzianne said
    The ONLY way right now to avoid the endless inquisition is to thumb anonymously, something you want to eliminate so you both can then bathe in the lake of apparent agreement in everything you say.
    What effect do anonymous thumbs given to you have on your behaviour?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 May '22 16:39
    @suzianne said
    I then give everyone else a couple months of being endlessly scolded about disagreeing with the stars before they too leave.
    What happens to the posters who get endlessly scolded by you?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 May '22 16:42
    @suzianne said
    If this becomes the lay of the land here, I won't give my money to a site that doesn't mind taking their marching orders from a couple of social reprobates who get their jollies treating other members of the site like trash.
    Are you really saying that the main reason you give your money to this site is because you get to give anonymous thumbs?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 May '22 16:43
    @moonbus said
    You just want to out your detractors.

But you probably know who most of them are anyway.
    I think this makes you sound a bit silly, moonbus. Sorry to say.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 May '22 16:46
    @suzianne said
    won't give my money to a site that doesn't mind taking their marching orders from a couple of social reprobates who get their jollies treating other members of the site like trash.
    What did Russ or the mods say when you sent them feedback about posters "treating other members of the site like trash"?
  13. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    19 May '22 20:20
    @fmf said
    Are you really saying that the main reason you give your money to this site is because you get to give anonymous thumbs?
    Awww, did the nasty anonymous thumbies hurt ickle FMFie? Well, don't worry, deary, I'm sure good uncle geester will kiss it all better if you ask him nicely.
  14. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    19 May '22 22:59
    @fmf said
    Tally the thumbs given to posts in this thread and draw your own conclusion.

My conclusion is that there is a tiny number of thumbs. To you, it's "a valid measure"? I am surprised.
    KJ, Dive, and yourself have advocated outing those who give thumbs (albeit, KJ moderated this late in the thread, to offer an option to out oneself): 78 TDs so far.

Those same posters have gotten 15 TUs so far.

Those not in favor of outing those who give thumbs: 39 TUs, 10 TDs.

This confirms my contention that the consensus is against outing those who give thumbs.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 May '22 00:09
    @moonbus said
    KJ, Dive, and yourself have advocated outing those who give thumbs (albeit, KJ moderated this late in the thread, to offer an option to out oneself): 78 TDs so far.
    I've got 20 of those thumbs down on this page already. Did you count those 20 people?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree