1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Jan '20 16:411 edit
    @Metal-Brain
    You continue in your intellectual laziness. You ask me what is a well. Gravity well I assume you mean but you are too lazy to even google it.
    You do realize a well means a low place in the ground and if you don't know even that you should take up another hobby.
    What you really want is for me to make a mistake which you would immediately weaponize to show how misinformed I am which means you have no interest in actually learning about science only in proving your own superiority.
    I bring that up because you are anything but superior.
    I will not tell you any more, google it yourself.
  2. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    21 Jan '20 00:43
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    You continue in your intellectual laziness. You ask me what is a well. Gravity well I assume you mean but you are too lazy to even google it.
    You do realize a well means a low place in the ground and if you don't know even that you should take up another hobby.
    What you really want is for me to make a mistake which you would immediately weaponize to show how ...[text shortened]... ng that up because you are anything but superior.
    I will not tell you any more, google it yourself.
    You said there are sides to the well. I suppose a mime goes around it pretending to touch the sides of this well, right?

Stop making up crap!
  3. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    21 Jan '20 00:46
    @humy said
    Not us.
    + Brian Greene and Einstein don't support your opinions we experts say are wrong.
    You clearly haven't understood much of what either Brian Greene or Einstein said.
    Wrong. About an hour into this program Greene confirms time dilation causes gravity. His source of information is Einstein and you know it.

https://www.pbs.org/show/light-falls/

You are a pathological liar.
  4. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    21 Jan '20 07:587 edits
    @metal-brain said
    Wrong. About an hour into this program Greene confirms time dilation causes gravity. His source of information is Einstein and you know it.

https://www.pbs.org/show/light-falls/

You are a pathological liar.
    When I try and start the video of your link, I just get this message;

"We're sorry, but this video is not available in your region due to rights restrictions."

So, here I have either your word for it, the non-expert and somebody who I have known for both his dishonisty and misinterpretations of what was said by others, or the word of Deepthought, an expert on relativity that I have never known to be dishonest and he has watched some of your links on lectures by Greene and then extressed doubt on your interpritation of what Greene said.
    I think I, and we, will just stick to giving much more trust over what the experts say, such as Deepthought, over you. Can you see why?
    I will completely rationally assume you have almost certinly misinterprted what Greene said and that Greene never said time dilation causes gravity until if and when I see some evidence, which so far you have not provided me, to the contrary.
  5. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    21 Jan '20 14:49
    @humy said
    When I try and start the video of your link, I just get this message;

"We're sorry, but this video is not available in your region due to rights restrictions."

So, here I have either your word for it, the non-expert and somebody who I have known for both his dishonisty and misinterpretations of what was said by others, or the word of Deepthought, an expert on relativity th ...[text shortened]... avity until if and when I see some evidence, which so far you have not provided me, to the contrary.
    http://www.briangreene.org/portfolio/light-falls/
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Jan '20 18:31
    @Metal-Brain
    You really are obtuse. You can't visualize the gravity well which I already said you need to google yourself. Do your own research for a change.
  7. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    21 Jan '20 18:53
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    You really are obtuse. You can't visualize the gravity well which I already said you need to google yourself. Do your own research for a change.
    Stop pretending you know what you are talking about.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Jan '20 00:46
    @Metal-Brain
    I actually DO know what I am talking about. If you want to know what a gravity well is, GOOGLE it. Just on the offhand chance you might learn something.
  9. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    22 Jan '20 03:19
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    I actually DO know what I am talking about. If you want to know what a gravity well is, GOOGLE it. Just on the offhand chance you might learn something.
    A gravity well does not cause time dilation. A gravity well is just another name for bending space-time. Bringing up multiple terms for the same thing doesn't prove anything.

You are making up crap.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Jan '20 14:43
    @Metal-Brain
    Well you finally figured THAT one out at least.
  11. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    22 Jan '20 15:15
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    Well you finally figured THAT one out at least.
    No figuring required. It is obvious.

Stop making up crap!
  12. Germany
    Moves
    22 Jan '20 17:36
    @metal-brain said
    Time dilation from matter is, not velocity.

Stop relying on wikipedia. You already contradicted yourself based on info you got from wikipedia. You don't know what you are talking about.

Why would time dilation be the result of gravity? You cannot answer the question because it wouldn't make any sense. Only an ignoramus would think that.
    In special relativity, time dilation is a simple consequence of Lorentz invariance.
  13. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    23 Jan '20 04:43
    @kazetnagorra said
    In special relativity, time dilation is a simple consequence of Lorentz invariance.
    Wrong kind of time dilation. For the hundredth time, time dilation from matter!
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Jan '20 14:34
    @Metal-Brain
    You mean there are several KINDS of time dilation? Like if you had the proper instruments you could suss out what that is?
  15. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    23 Jan '20 15:348 edits
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    You mean there are several KINDS of time dilation? Like if you had the proper instruments you could suss out what that is?
    I think this shows one of his many misunderstandings of physics, more specifically, this strange false inference that time dilation having more than one possible cause implies there must be at least two different kinds of time dilation, which is of course nonsense. If there was different kinds of time dilation then, just as I think you hinted, you should be able to detect the difference between them and even while not observing or knowing their cause. Very unsurprisingly, to date, no such difference has ever been detected to give any kind of possible credence to such a deeply flawed idea that's pretty much a nonstarter. This reminds me I once long ago heard of another deeply flawed idea from another idiot over the net that time in this universe must exist in some other different kind of time else time "couldn't exist" because "nothing can exist outside time therefore that must include time itself", or some words vaguely of that effect.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree