1. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    23 Mar '20 09:47
    @sonhouse said
    @humy
    Still, it is an interesting intersection of SR and GR. I should have figured that one out on my own.
    So generally that would stand for most any gravity well maybe outside of a black hole.
    I wonder what the general solution for that would be? Where SR and GR are equal?
    The catch is that it depends where the Earth bound observer is. You get a different answer at the equator from the one an observer at the poles, who is effectively stationary.

I've got to point out a concern with my calculation from a couple of pages ago. It seems not to matter in which direction the satellite is orbiting, with or against the rotation of the Earth, which is counter-intuitive, I'll have to have a look at that.
  2. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    23 Mar '20 12:00
    @humy said
    What maths? You showed none. Show us this maths of yours.
    You showed none. Your demand I show you math when you showed none yourself is hypocritical.
  3. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    23 Mar '20 13:233 edits
    @metal-brain said
    You showed none. Your demand I show you math when you showed none yourself is hypocritical.
    No, what is hypocritical is of you making out to know better than the experts that know more about it than you or I while not being even able to show the basic maths.
    Neither of us know better than the experts and I always say so but I am not the one pretending to know better, YOU are. So I don't need to show the maths, YOU do.
    If you cannot do the maths then you do NOT know better then they.
    So, I demand again, where is your maths?
  4. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    23 Mar '20 13:30
    @deepthought said
    The catch is that it depends where the Earth bound observer is. You get a different answer at the equator from the one an observer at the poles, who is effectively stationary.
    Arr I didn't think of that one!
  5. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    23 Mar '20 21:49
    @humy said
    Arr I didn't think of that one!
    Well, there aren't a whole lot of observers at the poles, so...
    GPS works well enough for most of us.
  6. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    23 Mar '20 22:42
    @humy said
    No, what is hypocritical is of you making out to know better than the experts that know more about it than you or I while not being even able to show the basic maths.
    Neither of us know better than the experts and I always say so but I am not the one pretending to know better, YOU are. So I don't need to show the maths, YOU do.
    If you cannot do the maths then you do NOT know better then they.
    So, I demand again, where is your maths?
    If you won't show your math I won't show mine. I don't like your attempted double standard. You wreak of hypocrisy.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Apr '20 17:02
    @Metal-Brain
    While you on the other hand just wreak.
  8. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    01 Apr '20 19:096 edits
    @metal-brain said
    If you won't show your math I won't show mine.
    You have none to show.
    My maths is whatever maths the experts would show and I don't pretend to know any better then they nor have maths any different from theirs on relativity (nor on anything else other than on a few things about statistical analysis, which is the rare exception on that).
    I could copy and paste some of their maths and say their maths is the same as mine, which is the truth because I just listen to the experts. Is that what you want?
    What was wrong with Deepthought's maths? He showed you his maths so why don't you show him your maths? Answer; you have none.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree