1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    18 Mar '20 13:52
    @deepthought said
    The correction for relativity is rather easy to calculate as I demonstrated above.
    I don't dispute that, I dispute it is needed at all.
  2. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    19 Mar '20 23:55
    @humy said
    Nobody here believes any of your worthless ignorant idiotic BS conclusions.
    We only listen to the experts and what the science says.
    Science is not an individual. Science says nothing. Brian Greene is an expert and you dismiss his expertise. You are a huge hypocrite!
  3. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    20 Mar '20 07:221 edit
    @metal-brain said
    Science is not an individual. Science says nothing. Brian Greene is an expert and you dismiss his expertise. You are a huge hypocrite!
    Science is not an individual.
    Right, which is why you CERTAINLY aren't the word of science.
    Science says nothing.
    Science gives us the scientific facts and that is what all non-morons mean by what science 'says'.
    Brian Greene is an expert
    You just said "Science is not an individual".
    and you dismiss his expertise
    No, I don't. Your lies convince nobody here.
  4. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    20 Mar '20 21:49
    @humy said
    Science is not an individual.
    Right, which is why you CERTAINLY aren't the word of science.
    Science says nothing.
    Science gives us the scientific facts and that is what all non-morons mean by what science 'says'.
    Brian Greene is an expert
    You just said "Science is not an individual".
    and you dismiss his expertise
    No, I don't. Your lies convince nobody here.
    Science doesn't give facts, people do. Don't you know the difference between expert and science?
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Mar '20 13:25
    @Metal-Brain
    And you don't know the difference between hypnotism and reality. You get hypnotized by the dudes you pronounce world experts and then cannot accept any criticism otherwise.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Mar '20 13:29
    @Metal-Brain
    So show us the math that says that at 3200 km above the surface of Earth there is no time flow difference. The center of Earth, the radius, is roughly 4000 miles or 6400 km and 3200 km up from the surface is half the radius and therefore in a lower gravity field compared to the ground and if you think there is no difference in time flows from that difference you better be prepared to prove it mathematically.
  7. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    21 Mar '20 13:54
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    you better be prepared to prove it mathematically.
    He cannot prove anything mathematically. I noticed that.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Mar '20 18:311 edit
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    So show us the math that says that at 3200 km above the surface of Earth there is no time flow difference. The center of Earth, the radius, is roughly 4000 miles or 6400 km and 3200 km up from the surface is half the radius and therefore in a lower gravity field compared to the ground and if you think there is no difference in time flows from that difference you better be prepared to prove it mathematically.
    Well it seems that altitude is where SR and GR cancel out leaving the time flow same as surface. Never saw THAT coming😉
    So why don't GPS folks put GPS sats there? No need for any SR or GR.
  9. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    21 Mar '20 18:462 edits
    @sonhouse said

So why don't GPS folks put GPS sats there? No need for any SR or GR.
    For a short while I wondered why aren't GPS sats made to sit at that altitude so to eliminating the need to do any sync's of clocks. But, when I think about it, its such an extremely trivial task costing near enough $0.00 to arrange the clock tick rate preset to any other specific altitude that there really is no point! Thus they ignore that when choosing the sat's altitude and instead decide whichever altitude is the most convenient for other reasons.
    Since that altitude where SR and GR time dilation completely cancel out is NOT where the GPS sats are actually put, MB has and makes no point.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Mar '20 20:142 edits
    @humy
    Still, it is an interesting intersection of SR and GR. I should have figured that one out on my own.
    So generally that would stand for most any gravity well maybe outside of a black hole.
    I wonder what the general solution for that would be? Where SR and GR are equal?
  11. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    21 Mar '20 21:174 edits
    @sonhouse said
    @humy

So generally that would stand for most any gravity well maybe outside of a black hole.
    I wonder what the general solution for that would be? Where SR and GR are equal?
    You should ask Deepthought that one; I'm not sure how to do the maths for it because outisde my area of expertise. It might be a bit different for black holes because their gravity is so extreme that they have an event horizon + also don't know if frame dragging or other extreme gravitational effects might effect that. If the equations calculated that where they exactly cancel out is below the event horizon then there is no solution for stable orbits.
  12. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    21 Mar '20 23:24
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    Do you disagree with me? You show us the math if you do.
  13. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    21 Mar '20 23:29
    @humy said
    For a short while I wondered why aren't GPS sats made to sit at that altitude so to eliminating the need to do any sync's of clocks. But, when I think about it, its such an extremely trivial task costing near enough $0.00 to arrange the clock tick rate preset to any other specific altitude that there really is no point! Thus they ignore that when choosing the sat's altitude and ...[text shortened]... ilation completely cancel out is NOT where the GPS sats are actually put, MB has and makes no point.
    When did I try to make a point that you are implying? You are imagining things. This all came about because you challenged my math and not for any other reason.

You are lying again.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Mar '20 23:52
    @Metal-Brain
    I didn't know the implications of that orbital distance. It is an interesting intersection of SR and GR.
  15. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    23 Mar '20 07:252 edits
    @metal-brain said
    This all came about because you challenged my math
    What maths? You showed none. Show us this maths of yours.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree