Fritz 8 vs Feivel

Fritz 8 vs Feivel

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G

Moves
11 Dec 04

When I first saw the move e6+ I was wishing fritz would drop it. Almost praying that the second move would over take it. Yet playing down the variation myself I think i see fritzys idea.

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
11 Dec 04
3 edits

a4 is odd. You're right. Is Fritz going after the Queen? Or maybe he's going to castle and sac the Knight for control of the a-file.

You didn't like e6+? I think it's really strong, and not in a particularly subtle way.

Though I don't know what the second option was.

It was pretty ballsy for Feivel to go for a tactical game against a computer.

G

Moves
11 Dec 04

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
a4 is odd. You're right. Is Fritz going after the Queen? Or maybe he's going to castle and sac the Knight for control of the a-file.

You didn't like e6+? I think it's really strong, and not in a particularly subtle way.

Though I don't know what the second option was.

It was pretty ballsy for Feivel to go for a tactical game against a computer.
Nd6 was the second choice move. Im now convinced that e6 is stronger, but when I first saw the moves I prefered Nd6.

a4, seems central to Fritz's plan. I noticed that in the other variations that fritz was listing that a4 was in almost all of them as the next move or the one after. Not only that it also listed the a4 now 2 points over every other move which im really not sure of. :-)

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
11 Dec 04
1 edit

Yeah, Nd6 is nice, but it's not that forcing. e6 is much more aggressive. Fritz is giving Feivel the pimp hand and leaving him no room to talk back. 😉

G

Moves
11 Dec 04

Yeah, Nd6 is nice, but it's not that forcing. e6 is much more aggressive. Fritz is giving Feivel the pimp hand and leaving him no room to talk back. 😉
LOL

G

Moves
11 Dec 04

It will be intresting to see another game against Feviel where he is white and maybe playing a less engine suited opening.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
11 Dec 04

[gid]793134 [/gid]

S

Moves
11 Dec 04

Game 793134 I think you put a space in 🙂

g

Moves
11 Dec 04

Originally posted by Gambitzoid
they do play humans, kasparov vs x3d fritz
kramnik v deep junior
there was a whole tournament in turkey dedicated to humans vs computers
im not talking about programs vs. programs im talking about programs vs people
There is a difference in a tournament and a match. In a match and program vs players the people can study and prepare for the program. in a match you have to be ready to play. that is why Larsen won tournaments but could not win matches.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
15 Dec 04

Originally posted by Starrman
Game 793134 I think you put a space in 🙂
thanks. I mean BUMP!!!

D

G

Moves
15 Dec 04

Originally posted by gambit3
There is a difference in a tournament and a match. In a match and program vs players the people can study and prepare for the program. in a match you have to be ready to play. that is why Larsen won tournaments but could not win matches.
umm... I don't see how that is at all relevant, being that my point is that computers and GMs have been playing both matches and tournaments against each other and they have been consistently even over the last six years.

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
16 Dec 04

19 Bd3 was odd. I wonder what Fritz intended to accomplish with that.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
16 Dec 04

19 Bd3 was odd. I wonder what Fritz intended to accomplish with that.
Be3 and I think the answer is win the Queen.

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
16 Dec 04

Right, Be3. How is that going to win the Queen?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
16 Dec 04
1 edit

Right, Be3. How is that going to win the Queen?
Well, you're a smart freethinker; figger it out after 20 b4 Qxb4+ 21 Kf1 and tell me how many more moves before Black resigns.