Fritz 8 vs Feivel

Fritz 8 vs Feivel

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
22 Nov 04

Game 793134

For anybody that is interested. The Silleh guy (greyeyesofsorrow) is operating Fritz 8 and playing white and the suicidal maniac that played 5...Nxd5 would be me. Something tells me that this is going to be a hell of a bloody game 🙂

Feivel

s
the Custerdome

Bard

Moves
22 Nov 04

Originally posted by Feivel
Game 793134

For anybody that is interested. The Silleh guy (greyeyesofsorrow) is operating Fritz 8 and playing white and the suicidal maniac that played 5...Nxd5 would be me. Something tells me that this is going to be a hell of a bloody game 🙂

Feivel

How do you know he's operating Fritz? And...more importantly, what compelled you to take back with the Knight and not throw in Na5?? 😲

F

Moves
22 Nov 04

Originally posted by steelydan

How do you know he's operating Fritz? And...more importantly, what compelled you to take back with the Knight and not throw in Na5?? 😲
I asked for a game against Fritz 8 and he responded. Why did I take with the knight? Adventure, bloodlust, masocism, sadism and an extremely strong desire to melt greyeyes processor 🙂

Feivel

S

Internet

Moves
22 Nov 04

Interesting, I wish it was possible to bookmark games. Kick silicon butt Feivel!

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
22 Nov 04
1 edit

hmmm we should have a Fritz 8 vs. RHP match, ala Kasparov vs. The World. Players have a day to come up with the next move (by vote with a discussion taking place) and then fritz analyses the position for a given amount of time (say 20 minutes) and replys.

Edit: I can't spell when it's dark out. I also can't remember which chess site I'm on at times. Whoops

Muffy rocks your God

Stars

Moves
22 Nov 04

Originally posted by XanthosNZ
hmmm we should have a Fritz 8 vs. RHP match, ala Kasparov vs. The World. Players have a day to come up with the next move (by vote with a discussion taking place) and then fritz analyses the position for a given amount of time (say 20 minutes) and replys.

Edit: I can't spell when it's dark out. I also can't remember which chess site I'm on at times. Whoops
spiffing idea sir!

Don't get no better

tinyurl.com/22vjy9ub

Moves
22 Nov 04

Chess by committee is not effective.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
22 Nov 04
1 edit

Originally posted by XanthosNZ
hmmm we should have a Fritz 8 vs. RHP match, ala Kasparov vs. The World. Players have a day to come up with the next move (by vote with a discussion taking place) and then fritz analyses the position for a given amount of time (say 20 min ...[text shortened]... . I also can't remember which chess site I'm on at times. Whoops
That could be fun. Might be easier when polls are implemented in the forums.

We could have a discussion about the best moves, then when we have decided on maybe 4/5 possibilities, put those to the vote.

That could be great craic. And a good learning experience cos I guess if the good players got involved, then they'd have to explain why their move is best, and we could all see inside the mind of a RMaster.

Probably better to give Fritz a lot of time, to make it as challenging and interesting as possible.

D

Don't get no better

tinyurl.com/22vjy9ub

Moves
22 Nov 04

It would be fun and instructive, I agree.

C

Illinois, USA

Moves
22 Nov 04
2 edits

Originally posted by Svin1
Interesting, I wish it was possible to bookmark games.

??? I do this all the time. I have a whole Favorites "Chess Games" folder full of bookmarked games from here (redhotchess.com), plus the threads discussing them.

Or are you talking about bookmarking something else that I'm not understanding?

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
22 Nov 04
2 edits

Originally posted by ChessMom
Originally posted by Svin1
[b]Interesting, I wish it was possible to bookmark games.

??? I do this all the time. I have a whole Favorites "Chess Games" folder full of bookmarked games from here (redhotchess ...[text shortened]... king about bookmarking something else that I'm not understanding?[/b]
haha. That's great. 😀

You need to type in the top box, not the bottom one.

I guess what u were trying to say was to add something like this to your bookmarks.
http://www.redhotpawn.com/gameanalysis/boardhistory.php?gameid=793134

[EDIT] Oh, ooh, 1 quick edit later and the joke is one me. 😉

D

C

Illinois, USA

Moves
22 Nov 04
1 edit

Yeah, I know, I'm used to Vbulletin, UBB, and Php software on other message boards, so I'm having a problem figuring out the whole "which box to type in" thing. 😀

But in order to bookmark a game, you don't have to type in the whole "redhotchess.com" URL--just bring the game up in a window (assuming you're using some version of Windows) and then click on Add To Favorites and tell it what folder to put it in.

Like, click on the link in the OP above, and it'll bring up Fievel's game in another window, and then click on Add To Favorites.

S

Internet

Moves
23 Nov 04

??? I do this all the time. I have a whole Favorites "Chess Games" folder full of bookmarked games from here (redhotchess.com), plus the threads discussing them.

Or are you talking about bookmarking something else that I'm not understanding?
I was just being unclear. I was thinking about something like having the games collected like 'My games' and a display of last move/move number. I guess I should use my browser's bookmarks more and check back every now and then.

F

Moves
23 Nov 04

Yeah, I know, I'm used to Vbulletin, UBB, and Php software on other message boards, so I'm having a problem figuring out the whole "which box to type in" thing. 😀

But in order to bookmark a game, you don't have to type in the whole "redhotchess.com" URL--just bring the game up in a window (assuming you're using some version of Windows) and then ...[text shortened]... above, and it'll bring up Fievel's game in another window, and then click on Add To Favorites.
Ahh...I been favoritized. Is that anything like bronzing baby shoes?

Feivel

G
Mr. Shield

Moves
23 Nov 04
2 edits

What's the technical name for that opening? My team coach refers to it as the "Fried Liver". Just curious.----- ---
|()$|-|
\