Fritz 8 vs Feivel

Fritz 8 vs Feivel

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G

Moves
30 Nov 04

Not the one I was looking for but it might help

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/adam.bozon/computers.htm

Moves
01 Dec 04

Move 13, if I was white I'd castle queenside now - can anyone predict what black will do then?

G

Moves
01 Dec 04

Originally posted by iamatiger
Move 13, if I was white I'd castle queenside now - can anyone predict what black will do then?
After Nb5+ Fritz is starting to think black should resign, it is giving itself a 3 point advantage, I dont agree with it to that extent, but I much prefer whites postion. Looking down the lines there is a very surprising move for fritz in one of the variations, showing how much chess engines have come on.

g

Moves
01 Dec 04

If I was White I would exchange to a endgame of a King and two pawns vs a King and Bishop or Knight. Seems to me that Black might need to keep his Queen on the board.

G

Moves
01 Dec 04

You dont want to go into an endgame here for white :-) Blacks king is screwed the more white pieces on the board the more screwed it is.

g

Moves
01 Dec 04

Originally posted by Grayeyesofsorrow
You dont want to go into an endgame here for white :-) Blacks king is screwed the more white pieces on the board the more screwed it is.
I am not Tal. I seldom ever win in the middle game. I do know that a King and Bishop cannot win. I think Black does not want to exchange Queens if this game starts to go to the ending by way of a series of exchanges.

Moves
01 Dec 04
1 edit

Grey:

Now that you've been playing Feivel (by driving the computer). And in a way you are playing him, since you are choosing which move to make based on selections suggested by Fritz and not just choosing the "Top" move everytime. Do you feel in some way connected to your side of the board (White)? As in, do you feel like if you win, you had something to do with it?

Just looking for a clue into the mind of the cheaters on this site, and why they might do something that most of us think (they don't get anything out of)....

Tim

g

Moves
01 Dec 04

Originally posted by tmetzler
Grey:

Now that you've been playing Feivel (by driving the computer). And in a way you are playing him, since you are choosing which move to make based on selections suggested by Fritz and not just choosing the "Top" move everytime. Do you feel in some way connected to your side of the board (White)? As in, do you feel like if you win, you had somet ...[text shortened]... d why they might do something that most of us think (they don't get anything out of)....

Tim
I have been of the impression that White is 100% Fritz and that no move was made by a player. I saw a good article about the "cheater's mind" on to internet one time. If I can find it I will tell you where I found it.

Moves
01 Dec 04

Right, but I don't think Grey is necessarily always picking the top choice from fritz. As I understand it, the engine gives a suggested list of moves to make, and Grey is choosing the one that HE thinks is best.

T

Moves
01 Dec 04

After Nb5+ Fritz is starting to think black should resign, it is giving itself a 3 point advantage, I dont agree with it to that extent, but I much prefer whites postion. Looking down the lines there is a very surprising move for fritz in one of the variations, showing how much chess engines have come on.
12.0-0-0 would be my choice too. But black is in trouble in any case. Or Feivel knows something we don't?🙂

G

Moves
01 Dec 04

I have edited the opening book and dismissed one of fritz's lines for the second best (which was better) but its all fritz's game. The line I dismissed Fritz would have done so anyway if given enough time to think, I was busy and couldnt be ars*d waiting for fritz to relise it. Apart from that every move is the top fritz move. I think people who cheat dont know which are good and bad lines anyway so they never drop outside the fritz top 3. They really dont have to know which lines are good and bad anyway, since all fritz lines are 95% of the time "good" Fritz 8 gives itself a rating of 3100+ while I think that is to high its probably not more than 200 points to high. At the speed its running it passes my rating quite quickly, having said that a lot of time I disagree with fritz, but thats only because I think it plays rather boring chess most of the time :-)

The other reason why fritz is probably going to win this is Fevils choice of variation, it suits fritz's style of play.

g

Moves
01 Dec 04

Originally posted by TovMauzer
12.0-0-0 would be my choice too. But black is in trouble in any case. Or Feivel knows something we don't?🙂
Ja. I have seen that Black has claimed he is winning. I heard the thunder, but I am yet to see the bolt. Win lose or draw I still claim the programs are not yet that good. David Bronstein makes programs look poor to foolish.

G

Moves
01 Dec 04

Yet Kasparov makes them look equal to himself ? :-)

g

Moves
01 Dec 04

Yet Kasparov makes them look equal to himself ? :-)
Kasparov is not the best program player. Kasparov may have played Fritz head on to a degree. Bronstein has played something like 1. e4 c5 2. b4 .... . Bronstein played Botvinnik for the title in 1951(?). It seems like he would have won, but the KGB told him to lose. Playing in the 90s he is not a young man.

g

Moves
01 Dec 04

Originally posted by tmetzler
Grey:

Now that you've been playing Feivel (by driving the computer). And in a way you are playing him, since you are choosing which move to make based on selections suggested by Fritz and not just choosing the "Top" move everytime. Do you feel in some way connected to your side of the board (White)? As in, do you feel like if you win, you had somet ...[text shortened]... d why they might do something that most of us think (they don't get anything out of)....

Tim
I did key word search "email chess cheat" on yahoo. 5. Cheating on Internet Chess Servers. http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Realm/8655/ENGLISH/Main_ENG.htm . Maybe this will yell you something.