Fritz 8 vs Feivel

Fritz 8 vs Feivel

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

f
Quack Quack Quack !

Chesstralia

Moves
03 Dec 04
1 edit

Originally posted by no1marauder
Why? He's playing an unrated game against an engine! The engine isn't likely to alter its moves on what we say and if you know anything about Feivel, he won't either.

Game 793134

...hehehe ... chuckle chuckle ...😀

w
Stay outta my biznez

Moves
03 Dec 04

So where does black go now after 13.Nb5+ ?

Kb8 looks safe, but it dooms the a8 rook to a life of inactivity. He'll never get that rook out. He'll playing as if he's down a rook for a long time.

No matter what black does he has to deal with that e5 pawn eventually.

Kb6 or Kc6 will attack the knight, but then the king goes right back out into the open for white to snipe at. Too many tactics there for my liking.

Black still has the material edge, knight for a pawn, and he has the 2 bishops (though neither has had time to move) so he's got more control over the light squares if he could ever get his pieces developed.

Black HAS to find a way to develop, trade down, but keep the material edge. And keeping his king off of dark squares would certainly be nice. 🙂

I've still got faith in Feivel. He can get out of this and turn this thing around. I'm sweating the tactical shots though for white. One slip here and it's over.

G

Moves
03 Dec 04

I let fritz run for over 8 hours on this postion while I slept, it ended up giving white a 5 point advantage. While thats not yet wrote in stone Feviel will have to pull out some mind blowing moves to beat fritz.

G

Moves
03 Dec 04

Thats a 5 points advantage if Feviel gets the right move this move, it predicts slaughter and total rape if he get its wrong :-)

G

Moves
03 Dec 04

Im surprised at the amount of people who think fritz would lose this, im not sure where this believe has come from, but im pretty sure out of 20 games fritz would get a 19 1/2 advantage. Fritz7 on the pcs back then would probably come out 10 - 10. Yet fritz8 running at this speed almost certainly wont lose at all.

w
Stay outta my biznez

Moves
03 Dec 04

Originally posted by Grayeyesofsorrow
Im surprised at the amount of people who think fritz would lose this, im not sure where this believe has come from, but im pretty sure out of 20 games fritz would get a 19 1/2 advantage. Fritz7 on the pcs back then would probably come out 10 - 10. Yet fritz8 running at this speed almost certainly wont lose at all.
Well when I say I have faith in Feivel I don't mean I can actually SEE a way for him to get out of this. Personally I would be toast by now.

So I have blind faith in the human. Or maybe I'm just being a little biased against the silicon chip monster? 🙂

G

Moves
03 Dec 04
1 edit

I want Feviel to win this too, but I think its blind faith. Sooner or later humans are just going to have to admit computers are better at chess than them, it probably wont take more than 5 years until GMs are dominated by computers, maybe a bit less.

F

Moves
03 Dec 04

If someone else want to try to play Fritz 8, challenge me (unrated).

w
Stay outta my biznez

Moves
03 Dec 04

Originally posted by Fritz8Computer
If someone else want to try to play Fritz 8, challenge me (unrated).
Oh man, now Fritz has opened an account!? This infernal machine is taking over the world.

I'll play you Fritz. But only if you agree to play blindfolded?

R
Just lost

London

Moves
05 Dec 04

Originally posted by Feivel
Well I can say Fritz is lucky to feel nothing.

Feivel
Has this game slowed down? I want to know if Feivel is still feeling bullish. Feivel, any comments?

Is Fritz going to win? No variations please as I guess we shouldn't analyse a game in progress.

w
Stay outta my biznez

Moves
05 Dec 04

Originally posted by ReelEmInReid
Has this game slowed down? I want to know if Feivel is still feeling bullish. Feivel, any comments?

Is Fritz going to win? No variations please as I guess we shouldn't analyse a game in progress.

It's an unrated game I believe so feel free to anlalyze as much as you like.

Moves
05 Dec 04

Originally posted by ReelEmInReid
Rumor has it that Feivel is currently banned from the forums...
For how long I don't know....

G

Moves
05 Dec 04

The only analysis id frown on is other peoples Fritz, since im pretty sure Feviel is playing blind. All human ideas welcome.

Yes fritz is going to win :-)

f

Moves
05 Dec 04

Originally posted by Grayeyesofsorrow
Grayeyes can i ask a couple of Questions :-)

1. What spec is the PC your running fritz on in this game ?

2. How long are you leaving fritz to "think" for on each move ?, does it vary, or is it a set time for each move ?

FGWE

G

Moves
06 Dec 04

Originally posted by forevergreenwithenvy
Grayeyes can i ask a couple of Questions :-)

1. What spec is the PC your running fritz on in this game ?

2. How long are you leaving fritz to "think" for on each move ?, does it vary, or is it a set time for each move ?

FGWE
Hello again, im going to ask my question for a third time. Say someone has um I dont know 20 odd games all matching up to fritz, would you say they are using fritz to make their moves ? :-)