Fritz 8 vs Feivel

Fritz 8 vs Feivel

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
24 Nov 04

Unless Fritz is playing without an opening book it hasn't fallen for anything yet. I have Fritz 8 and this position (after ...Ke6 is still in the opening book).

S
Shut Gorohoviy!

Moves
24 Nov 04
1 edit

Don't think it matters much,Feivel allready knows what he'll play,but,uhm,isn't it a bit wrong to speculate on the next moves? 😕

For the record,it's all book up 'till here.But that 8th move is of special intrest to me,I never could decide on the best continuation for black.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
24 Nov 04

Originally posted by SirLoseALot
Don't think it matters much,Feivel allready knows what he'll play,but,uhm,isn't it a bit wrong to speculate on the next moves? 😕
Why? He's playing an unrated game against an engine! The engine isn't likely to alter its moves on what we say and if you know anything about Feivel, he won't either.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
24 Nov 04

This is a book line? Black looks like he's getting raped!

S
Shut Gorohoviy!

Moves
24 Nov 04
1 edit

Originally posted by no1marauder
Why? He's playing an unrated game against an engine! The engine isn't likely to alter its moves on what we say and if you know anything about Feivel, he won't either.
True,that's why I said it doesn't matter much.But still,I somehow feel uncomfortable talking about an ongoing game.Guess it's just me being weird 😕😳

All right then,assuming white does play 8.Nc3,will black opt for Ncb4 or Nce7?

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
24 Nov 04

Oh I get it now. White sacced a Knight for this position. Crazy.

S
Shut Gorohoviy!

Moves
24 Nov 04

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
Oh I get it now. White sacced a Knight for this position. Crazy.
Sheer madness 🙂

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
24 Nov 04

Originally posted by SirLoseALot
True,that's why I said it doesn't matter much.But still,I somehow feel uncomfortable talking about an ongoing game.Guess it's just me being weird 😕😳

All right then,assuming white does play 8.Nc3,will black opt for Ncb4 or Nce7?
The "book" line is Ncb4 so I'm guessing he won't play that. My guess is: Nd4 which is rare compared to Nce7. I think he's trying to stray from the book as much as possible.

G
Mr. Shield

Moves
24 Nov 04
1 edit

After Nc3, Nd4 wouldn't work I don't think. Give's back white's sacrifice and white'll be up a pawn with good position. Right? I had this position at state last year in the last round and got mate 2-3 moves down the road. Josh

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
24 Nov 04

Originally posted by GalaxyShield
After Nc3, Nd4 wouldn't work I don't think. Give's back white's sacrifice and white'll be up a pawn with good position. Right? I had this position at state last year in the last round and got mate 2-3 moves down the road. Josh
There's no "good" moves here according to my databases, White wins over 80% of the games that reach this position. Ncb4 is the standard book; Nce7 looks like it's in big trouble after 9 d4. Feivel's trying to play a little bit off the wall; that's the only move I can find that's playable but not "booked". We'll see.

O

An airport near you

Moves
24 Nov 04

There's no "good" moves here according to my databases, White wins over 80% of the games that reach this position. Ncb4 is the standard book; Nce7 looks like it's in big trouble after 9 d4. Feivel's trying to play a little bit off the wall; that's the only move I can find that's playable but not "booked". We'll see.
I always thought Nxf7 was a mistake, after which Black can survive, and it's the move d4 that busts this line for Black.
My Fritz 8 gives Nxf7 a ? in its opening book.

F

Moves
24 Nov 04

Originally posted by tmetzler

I can't agree more.....

Gotta give it to Feivel, that seems to be one ballsy way to go at an engine.....
I want to cause a processor meltdown 🙂

Feivel

F

Moves
24 Nov 04

True...I am one bull-headed dude 🙂

Feivel

F

Moves
24 Nov 04

Ok...move 8 was Ne7 and I am getting ready to pounce 🙂

Feivel

F

Moves
24 Nov 04

The "book" line is Ncb4 so I'm guessing he won't play that. My guess is: Nd4 which is rare compared to Nce7. I think he's trying to stray from the book as much as possible.
Ncb4 then a3 and black can resign without a moments hesitation.

Feivel