"line in the sand"

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
16 Dec 15

Originally posted by orangutan
Deja-vu ... all over again ...

Which side of what?
Please state what your metaphorical sand represents and just what it is that the line is supposed to be dividing - otherwise you're just asking "heads or tails?" without stating what the choices mean.
"On the side of "civilization" (civility) because the alternative of reverting to jungle savagery at home, our neighborhoods and online is unthinkable . And you?

In actual as well as metaphorical terms, it's an either or universal, dichotomous proposition. Why? Because any human being attempting to straddle the "line in the sand" runs the risk of serious injury and/or incapacitation of vital organs in the nether region of the body commonly referred to as the "groin".(Page 1)

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
16 Dec 15

Originally posted by wolfgang59
@Grampy Bobby
"My left is weakened"

Hope it strengthens soon.
Good news. Thanks.

F

Moves
16 Dec 15
1 edit

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
"On the side of "civilization" (civility) because the alternative of reverting to jungle savagery at home, our neighborhoods and online is unthinkable . And you?

In actual as well as metaphorical terms, it's an either or universal, dichotomous proposition. Why? Because any human being attempting to straddle the "line in the sand" runs the risk of s ...[text shortened]... on of vital organs in the nether region of the body commonly referred to as the "groin".(Page 1)
There is no "line in the sand". There may be a continuum going from savagery to civilization, but to suggest that there is a "line in the sand" somewhere along this continuum is a nonsensical and naive take on the reality of the human condition.

I think you probably already know this, and that [with this thread] you were simply seeking to toss the words "jungle savagery" out there, where it can hang sneerily in the air along with other words you've tossed out in recent weeks, like "psychotic jealousy", "fouled diapers", "stinking vomit", "pathological liars" ~ all aimed at people who are unimpressed by your chosen persona ~ words which form part of the vocabulary of the relentless and profoundly misanthropic 'Gold Standard' that your behaviour amounts to.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
16 Dec 15

Originally posted by FMF
There is no "line in the sand". There may be a continuum going from savagery to civilization, but to suggest that there is a "line in the sand" somewhere along this continuum is a nonsensical and naive take on the reality of the human condition.

I think you probably already know this, and that [with this thread] you were simply seeking to toss the words "ju ...[text shortened]... ry of the relentless and profoundly misanthropic 'Gold Standard' that your behaviour amounts to.
It's better than constantly "sneeringly" interrogating them.

Given the difference in your posting styles, his a little more inventive, yours a little more bland and "same old, same old", who really adds more to the forum?

F

Moves
16 Dec 15

Originally posted by Suzianne
Given the difference in your posting styles, his a little more inventive, yours a little more bland and "same old, same old", who really adds more to the forum?
How could one possibly measure such a thing? And why would one want to?

F

Moves
16 Dec 15

It's better than constantly "sneeringly" interrogating them.
Do you think there is a "line in the sand": on one side savagery, and on the other civilization? Or do you think it's a continuum going from, at one end, savagery, to the other, civilization?

Read a book!

Moves
16 Dec 15

Originally posted by FMF
Do you think there is a "line in the sand": on one side savagery, and on the other civilization? Or do you think it's a continuum going from, at one end, savagery, to the other, civilization?
There really is a line in the sand. One side is Brooklyn, the other side is Queens. Forget about it.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
17 Dec 15

"I realize there’s something incredibly honest about trees in winter, how they’re experts at letting things go." —Jeffrey McDaniel

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
17 Dec 15

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Abraham Lincoln

Moves
17 Dec 15

Originally posted by HandyAndy
There really is a line in the sand. One side is Brooklyn, the other side is Queens. Forget about it.
C'mon now....
It's "fuhgeddaboudit!"
😉

Read a book!

Moves
17 Dec 15

Originally posted by wolfgang59
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Abraham Lincoln
or Mark Twain

Read a book!

Moves
17 Dec 15

Originally posted by Landisqueen170
C'mon now....
It's "fuhgeddaboudit!"
😉
That too.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
17 Dec 15

Originally posted by HandyAndy
or Mark Twain
or Maurice Switzer apparently!

http://www.bestquotes4ever.com/authors/maurice-switzer-quotes

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
17 Dec 15

Originally posted by FMF
How could one possibly measure such a thing? And why would one want to?
You don't have to measure it, nor did I imply that one should. It's quite obvious, at least to anyone who is not you.

F

Moves
17 Dec 15

You don't have to measure it, nor did I imply that one should. It's quite obvious, at least to anyone who is not you.
You asked "who really adds more to the forum?" Seeing as this involves calculating whether there is "more" [or 'less'] of something, then unless you have some way of measuring it, all you are saying is that you prefer someone else's posting to mine.