"line in the sand"

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
12 Dec 15
1 edit

"There is no civilization that did not begin with art, Whether it was drawing a line in the sand, painting a cave or dancing." ~Toni Morrison "Everybody's life is either a warning or an example. You've got to decide what you're gonna be and you have to draw a line in the sand." ~Tony Robbins

On which side are you and why?

F

Moves
12 Dec 15

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
"There is no civilization that did not begin with art, Whether it was drawing a line in the sand, painting a cave or dancing." ~Toni Morrison "Everybody's life is either a warning or an example. You've got to decide what you're gonna be and you have to draw a line in the sand." ~Tony Robbins

On which side of what?

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
12 Dec 15

Moves
12 Dec 15

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Your "stylus" seems stuck in the same "groove/line". Somebody give him/her a bump.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
12 Dec 15

The post that was quoted here has been removed
"•Repeated posting of the same material (spamming) is not acceptable." ~Russ
Red Hot Pawn Forum Posting Guidelines Help : forumguide

F

Moves
12 Dec 15

"•Repeated posting of the same material (spamming) is not acceptable." ~Russ
Red Hot Pawn Forum Posting Guidelines Help : forumguide
You ~ of all people here ~ complaining about "Repeated posting of the same material"?? Gosh. 😲

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
12 Dec 15
1 edit

Read a book!

Moves
12 Dec 15

I'm on your side, Bobby. πŸ™‚

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
12 Dec 15

My life of course is both a warning and an example, just in different areas..

F

Moves
12 Dec 15

Originally posted by Ponderable
My life of course is both a warning and an example, just in different areas..
Robbins' false dilemma is daft.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
12 Dec 15

Which side are you on and why?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
12 Dec 15
2 edits

Originally posted by divegeester
Which side are you on and why?
On the side of "civilization" (civility) because the alternative of reverting to jungle savagery at home, our neighborhoods and online is unthinkable . And you?

In actual as well as metaphorical terms, it's an either or universal, dichotomous proposition. Why? Because any human being attempting to straddle the "line in the sand" runs the risk of serious injury and/or incapacitation of vital organs in the nether region of the body commonly referred to as the "groin".

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
12 Dec 15

Originally posted by HandyAndy
I'm on your side, Bobby. πŸ™‚
Cool.

F

Moves
12 Dec 15

In actual as well as metaphorical terms, it's an either or universal, dichotomous proposition.
What you quote Tony Robbins as saying in your OP is a completely ludicrous false dichotomy.

F

Moves
12 Dec 15

On the side of "civilization" (civility) because the alternative of reverting to jungle savagery at home, our neighborhoods and online is unthinkable .
Are you upset with someone again, Grampy Bobby? Is that what this thread is about?