Trans Children: Genital Mutilation, Says Rand Paul's Doctor at Senate Confirmation Hearings

Trans Children: Genital Mutilation, Says Rand Paul's Doctor at Senate Confirmation Hearings

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
27 Feb 21

@averagejoe1 said
They are not themselves Suzanne. They are not themselves Suzanne. Or do you liberals have a brand new definition of what themselves is? Of course, why did I not realize that
Parents don't decide this for them, either.

D

Moves
27 Feb 21

D

Moves
27 Feb 21

@earl-of-trumps said
@Duchess64 - Earl of Trumps shows his extreme ignorance or dishonesty as usual.
Most (75%, according to Wikipedia) American males are circumcised.

Firstly, you said "normal" - not average. No, it is not *normal* to pointlessly cut the end of your penis off.

Duchess, male and female circumcision is a CULT practice.
Ask every parent that gives their newborn son a circumcision if they know what the procedure is about.

Ha!
Earl of Trumps shows extreme ignorance or dishonesty about the meaning of 'normal'.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/normal

"conforming to a type, standard, or regular pattern : characterized by that
which is considered usual, typical, or routine."

When 91% of non-Hispanic white males in the USA get circumcised, it's certainly a normal practice for them.

D

Moves
27 Feb 21

Gimme It! Free Stuf!

Lake Como

Moves
27 Feb 21

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Yawn

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
27 Feb 21
1 edit

@duchess64 said
Earl of Trumps shows extreme ignorance or dishonesty about the meaning of 'normal'.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/normal

"conforming to a type, standard, or regular pattern : characterized by that
which is considered usual, typical, or routine."

When 91% of non-Hispanic white males in the USA get circumcised, it's certainly a normal practice for them.
I'll find you several countries in Africa where FGM is practiced by 99.99% of the females.

I can also find you countries where male circumcision is practiced by 0.01% of the populace.

So?

The bottom line in *MY* book is, mutilating a child's genitalia for now medical reason is WRONG.
And a potential trans person does NOT have a genitalia problem, they have a mental problem.
And cutting up their genitalia is never going to solve the problem.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
27 Feb 21
1 edit

@earl-of-trumps said
glub.glub.glub Bye Kev.

Come back when you can't stay so long. sigh-an-arra
Your a moral coward earl who thinks they can pick and choose freedoms ( in this case parental freedoms ) that they agree with.
That’s not freedom that’s dictatorship according to earl.
Come back when you have a logical cohesive stance on this subject.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
27 Feb 21

@kevcvs57 said
Your a moral coward earl who thinks they can pick and choose freedoms ( in this case parental freedoms ) that they agree with.
That’s not freedom that’s dictatorship according to earl.
Come back when you have a logical cohesive stance on this subject.
Shoo bee doo bee dooooooo... count the lies... count the ad hominins

doss be danya, kev... 😀... sigh-an-hour 😛 😛

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
27 Feb 21

@earl-of-trumps said
Shoo bee doo bee dooooooo... count the lies... count the ad hominins

doss be danya, kev... 😀... sigh-an-hour 😛 😛
Just stating the facts earl and keeping you honest, trust me it ain’t easy son.
So there is a place for the state in monitoring and intervening between parents and children when it come to perceived harmful parenting?

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
27 Feb 21

@earl-of-trumps said
A GOP Senator Just Compared Trans Health Care to ‘Genital Mutilation’ --------

[i]Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul used the Senate confirmation hearing for Dr. Rachel Levine to falsely compare gender-affirming treatment for kids to genital mutilation.

She’s set to be the highest-profile trans government official in U.S. history. So Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul used Thu ...[text shortened]... off a child's ear so s/he can look like a pirate. Totally senseless and in fact, should be illegal.
Look closely at the certification of Rand Paul as a medical professional you will find he is pretty much a quack . But he is quite the master at spouting nonsense .

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
27 Feb 21
1 edit

There was a time when it was legal to administer FGM (female circumcision) in
America if you knew of a doctor who was native born to a practicing country of
the tradition. Then in 1996, the Feds in America made the practice here illegal.

African women with young daughters want to have their daughters circumcised so they will be clean, as that is their belief. This is usually performed when the girl is between the ages of 4 and 12.

In America, many parents circumcise their male babies and don't really have a
good reason as to why they do it. Not a problem!

And if a young boy wants to "feel like a woman" , this too is an allowable reason to mutilate genitalia.

Any of this make sense to anybody? All I can say is, NEVER touch a child's genitalia - especially with a cutting tool. Insanity!!!

Oh, and for Kevcvs and those of you in Rio Linda...

Gimme It! Free Stuf!

Lake Como

Moves
27 Feb 21

@kevcvs57 said
Just stating the facts earl and keeping you honest, trust me it ain’t easy son.
So there is a place for the state in monitoring and intervening between parents and children when it come to perceived harmful parenting?
At some point, yes of course. My kid comes to me with this crap that Ssehcud posted here,? Pitiful Kev, for you to 'run to the State' to save your family problems . Pitiful, and Shyte parenting.
I would sit my kid down and tell him he will do exactly what I tell him to do till he moves out of my house..Oh, and what he will NOT do until he moves out of my house. You got a problem with that, Kev. OK, he is unmanageable. So,I sell some stock and give a psychologist a shot at the little twerp.
Let's say it is fruitless, and they remove his Johnson. I won't say any more than I ever have to, to this different child that moves back in, gotta feed him and curiously observe him/her going through life. I will still make him earn his/her keep and respect his parents. He will know I am a bit 'removed' (wouldn't you be, what happened to the star of my life, little Mikey) and have to live with that. But then, I will have to live with him/'her.
I will write it all off as a loss, and go skiing in Vail as he/she trudges to his/her ladies' track meets. I prob could not call him/her by the newly invented name, Alicia or whatever, I would just call it 'Sister'.

Anyway, I would never in a million years go to a track meet where these Ssehcud children are racing. Abominable, like a side show on the strip at the county fair. The Bearded Lady, Lobster Boy, ......and then there is what is left of my son, little Mikey.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
27 Feb 21

@caissad4 said
Look closely at the certification of Rand Paul as a medical professional you will find he is pretty much a quack . But he is quite the master at spouting nonsense .
Paul can be a quack, cd4, I am arguing my own points and I am highlighting the obvious contradictions in American law, American social opinion. I like Rand Paul and his father because they have Libertarian leanings. After that, I don't know much about them., nor does it matter.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
27 Feb 21

@averagejoe1 said
At some point, yes of course. My kid comes to me with this crap that Ssehcud posted here,? Pitiful Kev, for you to 'run to the State' to save your family problems . Pitiful, and Shyte parenting.
I would sit my kid down and tell him he will do exactly what I tell him to do till he moves out of my house..Oh, and what he will NOT do until he moves out of my house. ...[text shortened]... fair. The Bearded Lady, Lobster Boy, ......and then there is what is left of my son, little Mikey.
Your rambling again Joe I’m just trying to get someone to square the circle between the state not interfering when it comes to socially acceptable ( according to conservatives ) genital mutilation and non socially acceptable gender / sex realignment meds and surgery.
On the one hand it seems to be the parents choice and the state can stay the hell out of family business but in the other example state intervention is demanded by horrified conservatives.
If we are going to trust imperfect parents with one choice we surely have to trust them and their doctors with the other.
Parents can indoctrinate / brainwash a child into certain religion to the point of genital mutilation but parents who follow the child’s lead regarding their own gender then conservatives clutch their pearls and swoon.

Gimme It! Free Stuf!

Lake Como

Moves
27 Feb 21
1 edit

@kevcvs57 said
Your rambling again Joe I’m just trying to get someone to square the circle between the state not interfering when it comes to socially acceptable ( according to conservatives ) genital mutilation and non socially acceptable gender / sex realignment meds and surgery.
On the one hand it seems to be the parents choice and the state can stay the hell out of family business but ...[text shortened]... follow the child’s lead regarding their own gender then conservatives clutch their pearls and swoon.
"socially acceptable'is a phrase right over my head. Like,'social justice'. Do you people really think citizens should subscribe to your silly crap. I took a tour of an art venue yesterday, the weird little millennial used a NEEEEW phrase..........It will be a 'Ticketed exerience!!!! JesusH.
So, societals aside, the state should not interfere with a family raising their child, as long as a law is not broken. Libs think the state is supposed to go beyond law??? If I want my child to be catholic (you mention religion) I can do that. Sorry, State. He will do what I tell him to do. As Bill Cosby once said to his child.." You own nothing'". As to the genital thing (I can't believe I am writing this), if it is legal, anyone can do anything. Are you trying to parse the law here.?
Demanded? They can demand all they want, borrow one of your signs, but unless the horrified conservatives have legal standing, they may as well go home.
Trusting parents? It has been going on for maybe 1000 years. Are you and AOC really going start changing mores and customs now?
Perhaps you have a mis-typed word in last para, didn't quite get it, but, again, your phrase 'follow the child's lead' really gives me pause. Is my family the only normal family in the USA?