Racism in ireland

Racism in ireland

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b

Moves
363d

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
363d
1 edit

@athousandyoung said
Because unlike France we don’t insist people abandon their ethnic and tribal affiliations in order to be American.

[youtube Trevor Noah French African] COD9hcTpGWQ[/youtube]

Many English Britons have been killed with a Tommy gun or AR18 donated by Irish Americans.

[youtube Boardwalk Empire Tommy gun] Y7rjmHE-NjU[/youtube]

[youtube Me Little Arnalite]ehukpdse8[/youtube]
Whatever you’re doing you’ve ended up with a psychotic society and a gun death rate that a world war would be proud of.
It’s basically a cobbled together pseudo nation of wannabes at each others throats
“Many English Britons have been killed with a Tommy gun or AR18 donated by Irish Americans.”
Does it bother you that you have to cite fictional tv programmes to make a point,
A lot of Irish were shot by SLRs and SA80s donated by the British government what’s your point.
Again they are NOT Irish they are American arm chair warrior wannabes.
Irish blood is ten times thicker in the uk than it will ever be in the US, we’ve been cross pollinating long before the US was even dreamt of

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
363d
5 edits

@kevcvs57 said
Whatever you’re doing you’ve ended up with a psychotic society and a gun death rate that a world war would be proud of.
It’s basically a cobbled together pseudo nation of wannabes at each others throats
“Many English Britons have been killed with a Tommy gun or AR18 donated by Irish Americans.”
Does it bother you that you have to cite fictional tv programmes to make a po ...[text shortened]... than it will ever be in the US, we’ve been cross pollinating long before the US was even dreamt of
It’s not about the blood and I use those clips because they are based on reality. It did not cross my mind that you might disagree.

Yes I know many Irish were killed by British weapons - that’s part of the reason why we have Irish in the USA!

https://www.jerseyeveningpost.com/morenews/uknews/2019/09/21/whitey-bulger-involved-in-shipment-of-weapons-for-ira-programme-claims/

Just because the English had the power to starve the Irish and force then to flee doesn’t mean they had the power to destroy their ethnicity. Your peoples' attempt at genocide failed - in part due to the efforts of the Irish diaspora.

Your obsession with blood quanta is insulting to the author of this thread. Is Catpower25 sufficiently pure in his bloodline to be Irish in your opinion?!

Was Ned Kelly Irish?

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
363d

@athousandyoung said
Is Lennox Lewis also British English? How about Rishi Sunak?
BUMP

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
363d

@athousandyoung said
The Irish know all about the Maghreb.

[youtube Farmer Michael Morocco]rBrSpwVoC64[/youtube]
Farmer Michael here claims there are Arabs in Morocco. Has he verified their blood quanta?! Of course not.

Yes I know it's a parody. Nevertheless the question is relevant - are there Arabs in Morocco? How much blood quanta do you need to be an Arab? Do you need to be from Arabia to be an Arab?

You could say the same about Jews.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
363d

https://repository.library.georgetown.edu/handle/10822/552676

While many in the United States viewed the IRA as a terrorist organization, some Irish-Americans regarded its fighters as heroes, and provided a steady stream of guns, money and materiel to the IRA's bloody campaign against the British. In this episode, host Peter Krogh sits down with Irish-American Congressman James M. Shannon and Martin Galvin of Northern Irish Aid, a fund-raising group accused of supporting the IRA, to discuss the IRA, its alleged Irish-American connection, and the problem of Northern Ireland.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
363d

The following is fictional and intended for illustrative purposes only for those of you who cannot tell the difference

C
FREE

FREEDOMVILLE

Moves
362d
1 edit

@shavixmir said
Well, to be honest, one can’t really claim Ireland has a history of tolerence… I mean the whole protestant / catholic thing…

And when you look at that, you see a history of persecution.
And being persecuted doesn’t seem to make a person more humane, but rather harsher towards others.

Racism is inbedded in fear and (perceived) mistreatment.
my post was about racism nor religeon,but I should point out that in Eire there is very little religeous conflict unlike the north where the hypocritical use of god is used mainly by criminals using it to broker power,to be honest I might be wrong,I have many protestant friends here (not all practicing as I am not a practicing catholic ).I would like to see a unified ireland but not at the expence of peace,I would also like people to treat all people with equall respect in both race and religeon.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
362d

@athousandyoung said
It’s not about the blood and I use those clips because they are based on reality. It did not cross my mind that you might disagree.

Yes I know many Irish were killed by British weapons - that’s part of the reason why we have Irish in the USA!

https://www.jerseyeveningpost.com/morenews/uknews/2019/09/21/whitey-bulger-involved-in-shipment-of-weapons-for-ira-progr ...[text shortened]... Catpower25 sufficiently pure in his bloodline to be Irish in your opinion?!

Was Ned Kelly Irish?
Now your just errant nonsense, perhaps you stick to other peoples fictions
The potato blight was not a British black ops and the resulting tragedy was the result of unbridled free market capitalism which was also perpetrated by the Irish on the Irish.
Nobody whines or hangs onto a grievance like a Celt, the same uncaring government that oversaw the Irish famine was also overseeing enslavement of the English in England driving them from rural England into the mills, mines, and factories of the new industrialised cities and towns. You want one of the ancestors of those slaves to feel guilty about what happened to the Irish mostly at the hands of Irish land grabbers
Don’t you think the the UVF and UDA were fund raising from Ulster ex pats in the US, you’re making far too much of your own propaganda.
Biden is an English name from the Suffolk area of southern England by the way, but he only ever mentions his bigoted Irish granny, puke inducing stuff.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
362d

@kevcvs57 said
Now your just errant nonsense, perhaps you stick to other peoples fictions
The potato blight was not a British black ops and the resulting tragedy was the result of unbridled free market capitalism which was also perpetrated by the Irish on the Irish.
Nobody whines or hangs onto a grievance like a Celt, the same uncaring government that oversaw the Irish famine was also ...[text shortened]... outhern England by the way, but he only ever mentions his bigoted Irish granny, puke inducing stuff.
How can I be a Celt if I’m not Irish?

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
360d

@athousandyoung said
How can I be a Celt if I’m not Irish?
I wasn’t accusing you of being a Celt or Irish but if you’ve internalised the culture of grievance then that’s what you are for the purposes of this topic.
I’m definitely more Celt than you are, I’ve got my Scot’s Irish mother to thank for that.
I hear a lot more references to the potato famine from yanks than I ever do from the actual Irish, possibly because the actual Irish have so many family connections within the UK and so many more contemporary issues to deal with, like stopping the North East corner of their island from kicking off again.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
360d
1 edit

@kevcvs57 said
I wasn’t accusing you of being a Celt or Irish but if you’ve internalised the culture of grievance then that’s what you are for the purposes of this topic.
I’m definitely more Celt than you are, I’ve got my Scot’s Irish mother to thank for that.
I hear a lot more references to the potato famine from yanks than I ever do from the actual Irish, possibly because the actual Ir ...[text shortened]... ary issues to deal with, like stopping the North East corner of their island from kicking off again.
if you’ve internalised the culture of grievance then that’s what you are for the purposes of this topic

Glad you've come around to realizing that it is neither blood nor birthplace that makes a person Irish but cultural factors instead e.g. resentment of the Famine.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
360d

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
360d
2 edits

@kevcvs57 said
I hear a lot more references to the potato famine from yanks than I ever do from the actual Irish, possibly because the actual Ir ...[text shortened]... ary issues to deal with, like stopping the North East corner of their island from kicking off again.
Why are you ignoring my questions about Lennox Lewis, Rishi Sunak, Catpower25, Moroccan Arabs and the Jewish diaspora? In particular this whole thread is about Catpower25 being treated as "not Irish" because he's not pure blooded and here you are constantly harping on about Irishness and Celticness being about blood quanta.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
360d
2 edits

I hear a lot more references to the potato famine from yanks than I ever do from the actual Irish

Nobody whines or hangs onto a grievance like a Celt

I wasn’t accusing you of being a Celt or Irish

Your message is inconsistent.

On the one hand you say Celts whine and hold grievances better than anyone and then you say Americans whine and hold grievances better than the Celts of the British Isles and then Americans aren’t Celts.

The reasoning here is clearly flawed.

A>B>C>A