Kamala Harris

Kamala Harris

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

m

Moves
11 Aug 20

Start......

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
11 Aug 20
1 edit

@mghrn55 said
Start......
good choice
Trump is now rambling on about her

rain

Moves
11 Aug 20
1 edit

I don't like Kamala as a choice. The tough Kamala who ruled the Senate floor, that version of her was absent throughout her run for president. Instead, we got a wishy-washy candidate who tried too hard to please people. She never came across to me as a progressive.

If Harris had continued being the tough, no nonsense force during her campaign that she's been in Senate hearings, I would've gladly got behind her, despite some sketchy history...but then again, there is no perfect candidate.

rain

Moves
11 Aug 20
1 edit

Kamala does have a good on-camera presence through, and that will help Biden win.

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
11 Aug 20

@mghrn55 said
Start......
Good choice. Pence had better bring his "A" game if he debates her.

m

Moves
11 Aug 20

@mchill said
Good choice. Pence had better bring his "A" game if he debates her.
Picking a running mate who was going to wipe the floor with Pence in a debate was a forgone conclusion. (will there be a VP debate ?)
Biden's pick represents someone who has very few lightning rods to attack.

Z

Moves
11 Aug 20

@vivify said
I don't like Kamala as a choice. The tough Kamala who ruled the Senate floor, that version of her was absent throughout her run for president. Instead, we got a wishy-washy candidate who tried too hard to please people. She never came across to me as a progressive.

If Harris had continued being the tough, no nonsense force during her campaign that she's been in Senate ...[text shortened]... gladly got behind her, despite some sketchy history...but then again, there is no perfect candidate.
at one point there was a daughter of a medical insurance CEO in the race for VP. Klobuchar was in the race. It could have been way worse.

"She never came across to me as a progressive. "
She isn't and a true progressive was never on the table. Frankly, i can't think of anyone better than Kamala Harris.

Moves
12 Aug 20
1 edit

Pretty sad they “had” to pick someone of colour...
Why?
Is this going to be a mandatory requirement from now on?
Would you pick a doctor for surgery based on skin colour?
Or would you want the best doctor?

Read a book!

Moves
12 Aug 20

@chesstachio said
They didn't have to. They wanted to.

m

Moves
12 Aug 20

@chesstachio said
Why?
Maybe just someone who will make a better vice President.
But going up against Pence, the bar isn't set very high.

Moves
12 Aug 20

She wasn't my first, or even second preference, but she'll do.

Oh well, Val Demings will make a fine A.G.

Australian cat

Australia

Moves
12 Aug 20

@chesstachio said
Why?
Would you take the fourth-best doctor if the top 3 had a skin colour that didn't match yours?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
12 Aug 20

@mghrn55 said
Start......
Looks like a very good and politically astute signing to me. Shes smart, tough, experienced, female (of course), US African and attractive with it.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
12 Aug 20
1 edit

@vivify said
Only Bernie came across as strong progressive (in my admittedly limited experience of US politicians).

I think you democrats should consider the possibility that a true progressive will never win enough votes and realise that as it is in most western countries, the win is [usually] in the middle ground.

Z

Moves
12 Aug 20

@divegeester said
Only Bernie came across as strong progressive (in my admittedly limited experience of US politicians).

I think you democrats should consider the possibility that a true progressive will never win enough votes and realise that as it is in most western countries, the win is [usually] in the middle ground.
the middle ground in many western countries is to the left of bernie.

No conservative in Canada runs on an abolish the national healthcare system.