Is Russia starting to lose the war?

Is Russia starting to lose the war?

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
07 Oct 22
1 edit

@vivify said
I didn't see this tripe earlier, which is yet another false statement from No1Marauder.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-26280710

The EU has agreed to impose sanctions on Ukrainian officials "responsible for violence and excessive force" after the bloodiest day of clashes in Kiev.

So much for not caring about the crackdowns, eh?
You probably should have read the next sentence.

If you really think that Western leaders care about what happens to the People in other countries, you're a simpleton.

rain

Moves
07 Oct 22

@no1marauder said
And you should probably apologize for being wrong so many times in a row.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
07 Oct 22
1 edit

@vivify said
And you should probably apologize for being wrong so many times in a row.
I'm not, no matter what idiots who swallow neoliberal propaganda hook, line and sinker are told to "think".

rain

Moves
07 Oct 22

@no1marauder said
I'm not, no matter what idiots who swallow neoliberal propaganda hook, line and sinker are told to "think".
You call objective facts cited from reputable sources "propaganda" rather than concede error.

I was right. You're not worth debating.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
07 Oct 22

@vivify said
You call objective facts cited from reputable sources "propaganda" rather than concede error.

I was right. You're not worth debating.
Did the EU impose sanctions for the far bloody crackdowns in say Egypt or Bahrain or literally dozens of other countries?

The "objective facts" render your simple minded acceptance of whatever Western governments tell you ludicrous.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
07 Oct 22

@vivify said
I didn't see this tripe earlier, which is yet another false statement from No1Marauder.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-26280710

The EU has agreed to impose sanctions on Ukrainian officials "responsible for violence and excessive force" after the bloodiest day of clashes in Kiev.

So much for not caring about the crackdowns, eh?
BTW, EU foreign ministers from Germany and Poland brokered the February 21st agreement between the Ukraine President and the three largest opposition party leaders. Then the West applauded it's illegal violation and unconstitutional overthrow of that President.

Those objective facts you don't have any interest in.

MB

Moves
07 Oct 22

@moonbus said
Do you have a point? No. Your modus operandi here is merely to sow contradiction and discord.
Ridiculous!
I am here to point out contradictions of foreign policy and there are lots of them. You are just determined to accept those contradictions no matter how stupid it is to accept contradictions.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
07 Oct 22

@metal-brain said
Ridiculous!
I am here to point out contradictions of foreign policy and there are lots of them. You are just determined to accept those contradictions no matter how stupid it is to accept contradictions.
In fact you would have a much higher status if you leaned before teaching.
Plus if you want to teach, be sure to be clar (that is don't use videaos as metrail in which someone is quoted to have overherad some person speaing about a piece of paper they accidently have seen...)

T

Moves
07 Oct 22
1 edit

@no1marauder said
It would have been keeping with the principle of self-determination if the Serb ethnic areas of Bosnia and Croatia had been allowed to join Serbia after the dissolution of Yugoslavia; instead the West and NATO intervened and forced those areas to remain under those countries control (though nominally in Bosnia's case). Of course this was justified under the "bad guy" argu ...[text shortened]... ay from Serbia made possible by NATO military intervention was hypocritical given the prior history.
Well, I agree with this in principle; I don't see why borders shouldn't shift in line with the preferences of the majority population of particular areas.

Having said that, it's not what usually happens; when larger nations break up, they tend to do so along historic internal borders. Estonia still has Narva, because it was part of the interwar republic, even though it has an almost entirely Russian population and is right next to Russia.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
07 Oct 22

@teinosuke said
Well, I agree with this in principle; I don't see why borders shouldn't shift in line with the preferences of the majority population of particular areas.

Having said that, it's not what usually happens; when larger nations break up, they tend to do so along historic internal borders. Estonia still has Narva, because it was part of the interwar republic, even though it has an almost entirely Russian population and is right next to Russia.
True, but many of these separations are done on reasonably affable terms by negotiations.

This can hardly be said to be true of the dissolution of Yugoslavia and NATO and the West's insistence on maintaining Bosnia's borders stands in stark contrast with its war to detach Kosovo from Serbia.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
07 Oct 22

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world-news/putins-army-running-scared-maps-28152977

The Ruskies are taking it on the chin, at this juncture.

rain

Moves
08 Oct 22
7 edits

rain

Moves
08 Oct 22
2 edits

@no1marauder said
Did the EU impose sanctions for the far bloody crackdowns in say Egypt or Bahrain or literally dozens of other countries?
The EU has imposed sanctions of China for violent their crackdown of protests in Tiananmen Square.

https://www.reuters.com/world/eu-extends-human-rights-sanctions-including-chinese-officials-2021-11-24/

They are also discussing imposing sanctions on Iran's crackdown of protesters:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/sep/26/eu-and-us-consider-further-sanctions-iran-protest-crackdown

You are shockingly stupid. This many ignorant or flat-out wrong posts in a row is ridiculous. This will be my last reply to you. You are not worth debating.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
08 Oct 22

@vivify said
The EU has imposed sanctions of China for violent their crackdown of protests in Tiananmen Square.

https://www.reuters.com/world/eu-extends-human-rights-sanctions-including-chinese-officials-2021-11-24/

They are also discussing imposing sanctions on Iran's crackdown of protesters:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/sep/26/eu-and-us-consider-further-sanctions-iran- ...[text shortened]... wrong posts in a row is ridiculous. This will be my last reply to you. You are not worth debating.
Yes, the EU imposes sanctions on "enemies" of Western neoliberal policies while ignoring human rights violations in countries that are reliable, if dictatorial partners with them.

Thanks for proving my point, dimwit.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
08 Oct 22

@no1marauder said

If you really think that Western leaders care about what happens to the People in other countries, you're a simpleton.
Who cares what they care about, come to that No1 who what you care about. Russia is the aggressor on the European continent at this juncture, if putting Putin’s Russia back behind their own border and worse off than they were before they began this war then that’ll do this constant reference to neocons and neolibs is sort of nonsensical unless you truly believe that NATO has the intention of invading Russia.
There is nothing sinister about an alliance of at least nominally democratic countries not sitting on their hands whilst an authoritarian for all intents and purposes dictatorship advances towards them by brutally invading a buffer nation.
I don’t understand what your issue is. It’s as if you are philosophically stuck in the 60s, 70s, and 80s railing about the evil capitalist west trying to destroy the proletariat nirvana in the East.
That’s not what’s happening, it’s mainly nations that have respect for diversity of all kinds against one that has no respect for any of that woke stuff.