1. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    13 Oct '22 15:401 edit
    @athousandyoung said
    They want to be the ones profiting from the Ukraine markets and they don’t want Putin using the State against them like he has done all his life. These are two major themes for neoliberals - getting access and if possible dominance over markets and resources as well as opposing the State from controlling them or taking their property.
    Who do you suppose Putin and his oligarchs are if not a classic example of your Neo liberals who subjugated the needs of the Russian state to their own profit margins.
    They’ve basically raped Russias natural resources and now they want to move onto Ukraine. One of the first things they did once established in Ukraine was steal as much of Ukraines wheat that they could get their hands on.
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    13 Oct '22 16:33
    @kevcvs57 said
    Who do you suppose Putin and his oligarchs are if not a classic example of your Neo liberals who subjugated the needs of the Russian state to their own profit margins.
    They’ve basically raped Russias natural resources and now they want to move onto Ukraine. One of the first things they did once established in Ukraine was steal as much of Ukraines wheat that they could get their hands on.
    They are fascists who put State over property rights
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    13 Oct '22 16:371 edit
    This for example scares the heck out of neoliberals:

https://sanctionsnews.bakermckenzie.com/draft-bill-on-nationalization-of-russian-assets-owned-by-foreign-persons/

On 8 April 2022, a draft bill on nationalization of assets belonging to persons associated with “unfriendly” states (“Bill” ) was submitted to the Russian State Duma.

The Bill defines persons associated with “unfriendly” states very broadly to include foreign citizens and legal entities, their beneficiaries, affiliates and persons under their control. The Bill allows nationalization of all kinds of assets owned by such persons as of 24 February 2022 and located within Russia, including real estate assets, movable goods and property, cash, bank deposits, securities and equity.

The Bill directly provides that no compensation will be paid to the owners of the seized assets and vests the power to take decisions on nationalization in the authorities of Russian regions.
  4. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    15 Oct '22 15:022 edits
    @athousandyoung said
    This for example scares the heck out of neoliberals:

https://sanctionsnews.bakermckenzie.com/draft-bill-on-nationalization-of-russian-assets-owned-by-foreign-persons/

On 8 April 2022, a draft bill on nationalization of assets belonging to persons associated with “unfriendly” states (“Bill” ) was submitted to the Russian State Duma.

The Bill defines per ...[text shortened]... vests the power to take decisions on nationalization in the authorities of Russian regions.
    Lol that’s Neo liberalism writ large, who do you think they mean when they say the state?
    Yeah that’s right they mean the same small cabal of oligarchs and Putin’s inner circle that stole the assets of the Russian state stealing other capitalists assets.
    I’m still a big fan of Keynesian economics and not a fan of Neo liberalism in any way but it’s redundant in any discussion concerning the Russian regime on account of them totally subordinating the needs of the state economy to its own profiteering piracy.
    According to wiki the original concept of Neo Liberalism has morphed into a multitude of versions from its late 19th / early 20th century definition.
    I think the term means whatever the person brandishing it wants it to mean or people just got bored of talking about Laissez-faire economics.
  5. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    15 Oct '22 20:43
    @kevcvs57 said
    Lol that’s Neo liberalism writ large, who do you think they mean when they say the state?
    Yeah that’s right they mean the same small cabal of oligarchs and Putin’s inner circle that stole the assets of the Russian state stealing other capitalists assets.
    I’m still a big fan of Keynesian economics and not a fan of Neo liberalism in any way but it’s redundant in any discussi ...[text shortened]... n brandishing it wants it to mean or people just got bored of talking about Laissez-faire economics.
    This guy is a NeoLib:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikhail_Khodorkovsky

In 2003, Khodorkovsky was believed to be the wealthiest man in Russia, with a fortune estimated to be worth $15 billion, and was ranked 16th on Forbes list of billionaires.[2] He had worked his way up the Komsomol apparatus, during the Soviet years, and started several businesses during the period of glasnost and perestroika in the late 1980s. After the dissolution of the Soviet Union, in the mid-1990s, he accumulated considerable wealth by obtaining control of a number of Siberian oil fields unified under the name Yukos…

In 2001, Khodorkovsky founded Open Russia, a reform-minded organization intending to "build and strengthen civil society" in the country. In October 2003, he was arrested by Russian authorities and charged with fraud.[3] The government under Vladimir Putin, President of the Russian Federation, then froze shares of Yukos shortly thereafter on tax charges. Putin's government took further actions against Yukos, leading to a collapse of the company's share price and the evaporation of much of Khodorkovsky's wealth. In May 2005, he was found guilty and sentenced to nine years in prison. In December 2010, while he was still serving his sentence, Khodorkovsky and his business partner Platon Lebedev were further charged with and found guilty of embezzlement and money laundering, Khodorkovsky's prison sentence was extended to 2014…

There was widespread concern internationally that the trials and sentencing were politically motivated.[5][6] The trial was criticized abroad for the lack of due process.
  6. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    18 Oct '22 03:16
    This is getting serious.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2022-10-17-russia-2nd-wave-attack-on-ukraine-now-appears-imminent.html
  7. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    18 Oct '22 06:30
    @vivify said
    https://www.npr.org/2022/09/10/1122201033/ukraine-russia-troop-pullback-kharkiv

[quote]Russian forces withdraw from the Kharkiv region as Ukraine pushes a counteroffensive

While Russia's Ministry of Defense and the Kremlin have not officially acknowledged the counteroffensive, [Russian] Defense Ministry spokesman Igor Konashenkov confirmed that Moscow's for ...[text shortened]... ultiple nations lending their power to Ukraine. Now even Russia had to admit they're losing ground.
    Ukraine is using a lot of their anti aircraft weapons trying to shoot down a bunch of small drones. No loss of Russian lives. Effective strategy.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/iranian-kamikaze-drones-could-help-152820947.html
  8. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    18 Oct '22 09:251 edit
    @athousandyoung said
    They are fascists who put State over property rights
    No they love property rights because they have a 💩load of property.
    I’d say they are fascists who put their own personal profit over the needs of the state. Witness the degradation of the Russian war machine post soviet era.
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    18 Oct '22 10:46
    @kevcvs57 said
    No they love property rights because they have a 💩load of property.
    I’d say they are fascists who put their own personal profit over the needs of the state. Witness the degradation of the Russian war machine post soviet era.
    That position is a contradiction in terms - fascists don't put anything over "the needs of the State".
  10. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    18 Oct '22 13:21
    @athousandyoung said
    This guy is a NeoLib:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikhail_Khodorkovsky

In 2003, Khodorkovsky was believed to be the wealthiest man in Russia, with a fortune estimated to be worth $15 billion, and was ranked 16th on Forbes list of billionaires.[2] He had worked his way up the Komsomol apparatus, during the Soviet years, and started several businesses dur ...[text shortened]... e politically motivated.[5][6] The trial was criticized abroad for the lack of due process.
    Well it sounds like a good thing for the majority of Russians and their freedoms which is probably why he ended up in one of Putin’s kangaroo courts, you do not get to challenge the Putin regime and stay alive or at liberty.
    I suppose you have to judge both Neo’s against whatever system or regime they are replacing or being replaced or being replaced by. If I was Russian I’d take the worst kind of Neo liberalism or Neo conservatism over what Putin has subjected them to, which is basically a ‘Robber Baron’ system backed by state violence, coercion and intimidation.
  11. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    18 Oct '22 13:25
    @no1marauder said
    That position is a contradiction in terms - fascists don't put anything over "the needs of the State".
    Life sometimes is a contradiction, I guess they are not ideologically fascist but employ a lot of fascist tools to get the wealth and power they crave.
    I wouldn’t say Herman Goering was ideologically a fascist but he managed to fit in well enough with those that were.
  12. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    19 Oct '22 08:39
    @kevcvs57 said
    Life sometimes is a contradiction, I guess they are not ideologically fascist but employ a lot of fascist tools to get the wealth and power they crave.
    I wouldn’t say Herman Goering was ideologically a fascist but he managed to fit in well enough with those that were.
    Fascist regimes in general have a tendency to let psychopaths (in the cold sense, not necessarily the flipping sense) rise to the top. The environment suits their predilections. They'd be well advised not to actively get in the way of the state, though, because a fascist state is usually good at protecting itself from internal dangers until either it's broken from the outside, or too many of its true ideologues die. Just ask Lavrentiy Beria.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree