Dutchess64 banned?

Dutchess64 banned?

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
23 Jul 21

@metal-brain said
Obviously you are more curious about her than me.
Sending her flowers might be more effective.
Why haven’t you moved for 47 days?

MB

Moves
23 Jul 21

@shavixmir said
Hopefully chasing you off to spirituality, where you can roam free of sanity.

47 days no moving eh…
You are not my type.

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
23 Jul 21

@metal-brain said
You are not my type.
Thank fck for small mercies.

MB

Moves
23 Jul 21

@shavixmir said
Thank fck for small mercies.
See, you are being a jerk and I am not trying to ban you from the forum. I know you are doing it out of frustration. That boosts my ego. That is why I tolerate you.

Blade Runner

Republicants

Moves
23 Jul 21

@metal-brain said
See, you are being a jerk and I am not trying to ban you from the forum. I know you are doing it out of frustration. That boosts my ego. That is why I tolerate you.
Charming!

MB

Moves
23 Jul 21

@kmax87 said
Charming!
I understand why people don't like Duchess, but I do learn stuff from her. I have been banned before without warning or an explanation. I later found out it was because kazet and shav believed I was spreading vaccine misinformation and got me banned. My threads about vaccines were deleted. Apparently people don't like certain debates on the debate forum. Shav is pretty open about that to me.

I don't think banning should ever be done without warning unless they threaten violence or something serious like that. Debates are the best way of finding out the truth. Censoring debates is how people suppress the truth. Anybody who likes censorship doesn't like the truth.

Blade Runner

Republicants

Moves
23 Jul 21
1 edit

@metal-brain said
I understand why people don't like Duchess, but I do learn stuff from her. I have been banned before without warning or an explanation. I later found out it was because kazet and shav believed I was spreading vaccine misinformation and got me banned. My threads about vaccines were deleted. Apparently people don't like certain debates on the debate forum. Shav is pretty op ...[text shortened]... oring debates is how people suppress the truth. Anybody who likes censorship doesn't like the truth.
Personally I have not alerted *any of D64's posts to mods and I have not called for her banning. I have started the occasional thread critical of her style, but when her style got too much for me, I stayed away from the forum for quite a while and just concentrated on playing chess.

I would think that like Hansel and Gretel leaving breadcrumbs to find their way home, D64 has had a long list of mod alerts that would have led to warnings along the way and like in soccer, regardless of the talent of the player, if you consistently choose to play the man and not the ball, then maybe you're better of leaving the field.

*edit: I lie, thinking about it, I did alert one of her posts once.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
23 Jul 21

@kmax87 said
Personally I have not alerted *any of D64's posts to mods and I have not called for her banning. I have started the occasional thread critical of her style, but when her style got too much for me, I stayed away from the forum for quite a while and just concentrated on playing chess.

I would think that like Hansel and Gretel leaving breadcrumbs to find their way home, D64 ha ...[text shortened]... better of leaving the field.

*edit: I lie, thinking about it, I did alert one of her posts once.
I'm pretty sure that someone found her banning in RHP's "bargain bin".

Moves
23 Jul 21

@averagejoe1 said
I'd like to have known more about Chinese prisons, etc.....now we may never!
Joe, here is the latest in a series of reports that might interest you:

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/meghara/china-new-internment-camps-xinjiang-uighurs-muslims

G

Moves
23 Jul 21

@sonhouse said
I guess she told the truth too many times and the ultrarightwingnuts cried and sniffled to admin.
Pathetic.
Perhaps the second paragraph gives an answer.
@russ said
Anyone continuing to take any threads off-topic with vapid arguments which often amount to little more than trolling other users will see more generous forum bans applied, and potentially an account ban.

Furthermore, copying articles verbatim (which are copyrighted in most cases) will result in the same. Summarise an article, even post a link if you feel you must, but please don't copy-paste walls of text which belong to other sites.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
23 Jul 21

@metal-brain said
I understand why people don't like Duchess, but I do learn stuff from her. I have been banned before without warning or an explanation. I later found out it was because kazet and shav believed I was spreading vaccine misinformation and got me banned. My threads about vaccines were deleted. Apparently people don't like certain debates on the debate forum. Shav is pretty op ...[text shortened]... oring debates is how people suppress the truth. Anybody who likes censorship doesn't like the truth.
“ . I later found out it was because kazet and shav believed I was spreading vaccine misinformation”
Oh I can’t imagine where they got that idea from 😂😂

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
23 Jul 21
1 edit

Duchess is simply what you get when you someone with lots of book information, unpopular and fairly radical politics and a missing social awareness filter than keeps most people from lashing out about how they really feel at any given moment. I stopped taking offense to her many years ago as soon as I realized that she wasn't trying to be mean; she's just missing certain basic social skills. Sometimes I even got the sense that she was trying to be moderate to people, and even nice, but just didn't have the same sense of how to do it as most of us do.

Anyway, I don't know what the final straw was, but it seems to me that post removal for offending posts is the more appropriate remedy. Of course, it's possible that she was specifically warned a bunch of times and ignore them.

I do imagine that her posts were frustrating to people whose personalities prevents them from just scrolling past posts and ignoring them.

If Duchess does come back, it would be awesome if she could stick to telling us little nuggets of history adjunct to the discussion and figure out a way to skip the knee-jerk ad hominems.

Moves
23 Jul 21
1 edit

@sh76 said
Duchess is simply what you get when you someone with lots of book information, unpopular and fairly radical politics and a missing social awareness filter than keeps most people from lashing out about how they really feel at any given moment. I stopped taking offense to her many years ago as soon as I realized that she wasn't trying to be mean; she's just missing certain basic s ...[text shortened]... nuggets of history adjunct to the discussion and figure out a way to skip the knee-jerk ad hominems.
"If Duchess does come back, it would be awesome if she could stick to telling us little nuggets of history adjunct to the discussion and figure out a way to skip the knee-jerk ad hominems."

expecting others to conform to your way of thinking is never acceptable.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
23 Jul 21

Duchess is gone but obviously not forgotten.

-VR

E

Moves
23 Jul 21

@very-rusty said
Duchess is gone but obviously not forgotten.

-VR
She had two fans that I am aware. The guy who started the thread is one of them. The other is a white female who D believed was a racist.

Both of her fans generally post something just to complain and belittle. Birds of a feather.