Dutchess64 banned?

Dutchess64 banned?

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
23 Jul 21

@mott-the-hoople said
"If Duchess does come back, it would be awesome if she could stick to telling us little nuggets of history adjunct to the discussion and figure out a way to skip the knee-jerk ad hominems."

expecting others to conform to your way of thinking is never acceptable.
Mott - You would do well to conform a little closer to SH's way of thinking. He's a lot smarter than you are.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
23 Jul 21

@eladar said
She had two fans that I am aware. The guy who started the thread is one of them. The other is a white female who D believed was a racist.

Both of her fans generally post something just to complain and belittle. Birds of a feather.
I did agree with some of the things she said, but then again I found sometimes she went a little over board. If she could have found that fine line you don't cross, she may still be here. I even learned some things from her posts as I have from other posters who post in the Debates forum. I rarely say much, as I am not as knowledgeable as many who post in here. If the name calling could be toned down I believe it would make for much better forum. As I said I've learned many things I didn't know.

-VR

Lake Como

Moves
23 Jul 21

@mchill said
Mott - You would do well to conform a little closer to SH's way of thinking. He's a lot smarter than you are.
Hey.....one need not be smart to travel on this Forum.

Über-Nerd

Moves
23 Jul 21

@metal-brain said
I have been in a few nasty exchanges with Duchess, but that is not unusual on this forum. When people get nasty with me I just get nasty back. I have never even thought about trying to get her banned.

Debating on here takes a thick skin. Faint hearted people do not belong on the debate forum. I can take it without crying about it like sonhouse. He created this thread so I suspect he got her banned so she couldn't make him cry like a baby.
No one 'got' her banned. It was an administrative decision. She was banned for repeated violations of ToS, that's all.

Moves
23 Jul 21

@moonbus said
No one 'got' her banned. It was an administrative decision. She was banned for repeated violations of ToS, that's all.
And you know this how?

Moves
23 Jul 21

@kevin-eleven said
Joe, here is the latest in a series of reports that might interest you:

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/meghara/china-new-internment-camps-xinjiang-uighurs-muslims
but the democrats want the UN here in the US investigating white privilege

Moves
23 Jul 21

@mchill said
you took the wrong hallway...elementary is the other way, where all the crayon pictures are hanging

Über-Nerd

Moves
23 Jul 21
1 edit

@mott-the-hoople said
And you know this how?
And this concerns you how ?

Moves
23 Jul 21

@moonbus said
And this concerns you how ?
because I hate to see people lying...just thought I would give you a chance to redeem yourself...seems I was right.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
23 Jul 21
1 edit

@R-to-d2
Is there a link to that post?
I totally agree she was and is and always will be acerbic and abusive but she did tell the truth as she saw it and she does have a Phd in history so she has SOME street cred. She also had a terrible childhood.
A genius level mind stuck in a country where women do one thing, have sex with their husband and that is pretty much it so her childhood was traumatic. Not that that excuses her abusive behavior.

Moves
23 Jul 21

@sonhouse said
@R-to-d2
I totally agree she was and is and always will be acerbic and abusive but she did tell the truth as she saw it and she does have a Phd in history so she has SOME street cred. She also had a terrible childhood.
A genius level mind stuck in a country where women do one thing, have sex with their husband and that is pretty much it so her childhood was traumatic. Not that that excuses her abusive behavior.
You really believe any of her lies?

Come on. She had a PhD in posturing, 'had' a 'childhood' cribbed whole cloth from V.C. Andrews, was about as genius as your average 4channer, and never had a husband. I'm not even convinced 'she' really was a she. The only thing I'm sure of is that 'she' really was as much of a CCP-bot as it seemed.

Moves
23 Jul 21

@sonhouse said
@R-to-d2
LOL

Moves
23 Jul 21
1 edit

@shallow-blue said
You really believe any of her lies?

Come on. She had a PhD in posturing, 'had' a 'childhood' cribbed whole cloth from V.C. Andrews, was about as genius as your average 4channer, and never had a husband. I'm not even convinced 'she' really was a she. The only thing I'm sure of is that 'she' really was as much of a CCP-bot as it seemed.
" The only thing I'm sure of is that 'she' really was as much of a CCP-bot as it seemed."

BINGO

that was an account many people posted from...every post starting with "the misogynic racist so and so was to make it appear as one person.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
23 Jul 21
1 edit

@Shallow-Blue
I never said I LIKED her, but there was truth in some of her posts, especially about historic subjects which is her field.
Acerbic to the extreme though. I chastised here a dozen times, I said you don't win street cred with 'the flag waving white nationalist lying again' kind of posts which clearly did nothing to help her cause, it turned of near everyone here.

But the bottom line is they were just words. You need to be somewhat thick skinned here because trolls abound here and they say stuff they would NEVER say to ones face.

I can tell you honestly, if I were to face you or your OTHER ULTRARIGHWINGNUTJOBS I would tell you exactly what I think and I wish I could do just that but you hide behind your avatar of anonymity safe from consequences of your words.

Well maybe not you directly, I was speaking of the rightwingers here.

Lake Como

Moves
24 Jul 21

@very-rusty said
I did agree with some of the things she said, but then again I found sometimes she went a little over board. If she could have found that fine line you don't cross, she may still be here. I even learned some things from her posts as I have from other posters who post in the Debates forum. I rarely say much, as I am not as knowledgeable as many who post in here. If the name ...[text shortened]... elieve it would make for much better forum. As I said I've learned many things I didn't know.

-VR
Marauder and I have always thought there too many posters put 'Links' in their posts, he and I just hate it. We like personal comments and introspect.

You know, this may be one of the things that the sweet Duchess did a little too much of, and I, together with Marauder of course, have constantly refrained from doing. It is so boring. Don/t we want to know what our thoughts are, not some else's!!!? Marauder hated it more than I did, but I agree with him.

Links should be outlawed!!