Oh, please!
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    10 Jun '23 12:34
    @suzianne said
    Oh, please!
    Are you of the opinion, that only opinions matter? If we hold contradictory views as true at the same time, is that calling that out wrong? I think as bad maybe even worse in my opinion, saying the truth doesn't matter when confronting someone who holds opposing views as true at the same time.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Jun '23 08:10
    @kellyjay said
    Are you of the opinion, that only opinions matter? If we hold contradictory views as true at the same time, is that calling that out wrong? I think as bad maybe even worse in my opinion, saying the truth doesn't matter when confronting someone who holds opposing views as true at the same time.
    There is truth, and then there is falsity masquerading as truth. So many have been fooled, and there are even more to come.
  5. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    13 Jun '23 13:201 edit
    @kellyjay said
    https://youtube.com/shorts/LX92fiaR0BE?feature=share
    "Truth is now a right-wing concept"

Which is why right-wingers are the ones banning books and blocking schools from teaching about America's racist history? Which is why right-wingers deny the well-backed science of evolution? Which is why right-wingers deny climate change?

Okay kiddo.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Jun '23 09:51
    @vivify said

Which is why right-wingers are the ones banning books and blocking schools from teaching about America's racist history? Which is why right-wingers deny the well-backed science of evolution? Which is why right-wingers deny climate change?

Okay kiddo.
    Truth not opinions is the subject.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Jun '23 09:55
    @suzianne said
    There is truth, and then there is falsity masquerading as truth. So many have been fooled, and there are even more to come.
    Agreed, there are a lot of things masquerading as truth, feelings for example taking the place of reality. If something is portrayed as true, yet on its face isn't, we are no longer connected to reality. Holding contradictory views as true at the same time shows we have lost reality, when something can be said and it doesn't matter if it is true or not the assertion has to be accepted either way, we have left reality.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Jul '23 19:522 edits
    @KellyJay
    There is a HUGE difference in the perception of truth between repubs and dems.
    Dems like actual truth, you know, the part where you can verify the claim?
    Repubs just spew out BS and their base just laps it up as if it WAS truth when in fact truth is the LAST thing they want.
    This all started with Newt Gingrich who convinced his buddies to NEVER deal with dems. He should be put in a pit with hamburger on his balls and release a bunch of starving wolves.
    It has gotten a hundred times worse since then which I didn't think possible ATT.
    Repubs don't want anything to do with actual governing, which is why they want 'small' government so they don't have to do anything but plot their next revenge.
    I just hope 20 years from now things will be cleared up some where real people become repubs and dems and repubs get things done by arguing till an agreement is worked out. That doesn't happen much any more.
    Then there is Trump.......
    Here is one example of Truth, capitals, Clarence Thomas went to college on affirmative action but voted against it because it is the easy thing to do, they think small government but in reality it is just judicial laziness, not wanting to actually govern, ONLY interested in the latest revenge target, now it is Trans, but Idaho passed a law making a girl a criminal for daring to cross state lines to get an abortion WHETHER SHE ACTUALLY HAD ONE OR NOT.
    Pretty scary shyte repubs are coming up with.
    One positive note was SCOTUS agreeing with Neal Katyal to stop NC legislators from passing laws allowing them to reject the majority vote and install whomever they want.
    I put that bit up here and the ultrarightwingnuts are posting everything they want except talking about that case directly.
    My conclusion is they secretly wanted those laws to fly so they could overturn ANY democratic victory and are severely disappointed it got knocked down and that by the ultrarightwingers on SCOTUS, 6-3 against which surprises me no end.
    It says a lot for the power of persuasion by Katyal.
    He has won 50 cases against SCOTUS.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Jul '23 06:39
    @kellyjay said
    Can you give an example please?
  10. MAPLEWOOD, MN HEAVEN
    Moves
    27 Aug '23 09:47
    @sonhouse
    Wow, maybe you should turn the TV off & give the newspapers a rest. Your world is way high strung.

I gave up TV in the '80's. some time. Probably about '80 maybe even '79 thinking about it.

Life is soo much better.

Occasionally I browse a newspaper & as soon as I see "disinformation" I put the paper away.

If everyone focuses on the "good", soon everyone will only see the "good".

Peace be with you,
    S.L.K.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Aug '23 00:01
    @kellyjay said
    Agreed, there are a lot of things masquerading as truth, feelings for example taking the place of reality. If something is portrayed as true, yet on its face isn't, we are no longer connected to reality. Holding contradictory views as true at the same time shows we have lost reality, when something can be said and it doesn't matter if it is true or not the assertion has to be accepted either way, we have left reality.
    I don't care what the "right" or the "left" thinks the truth is, truth isn't a matter of political persuasion it is what it is. When the spin starts I typically tune out, as soon as someone starts by telling me the one they are talking about is left or right, I stop caring because I'm only hearing right or left spin.
  12. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    30 Aug '23 01:02
    @vivify said

Okay kiddo.
    Stephen Colbert:

Reality has a well known liberal bias
  13. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    30 Aug '23 07:291 edit
    @kellyjay said
    Truth not opinions is the subject.
    Tell us again how the talking snake was really literally true. And that the earth and the sun and all the galaxies are about 6000 years old, give or take a few decades.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    31 Aug '23 05:24
    @kellyjay said
    If something is portrayed as true, yet on its face isn't
    And this is where you fail.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    03 Oct '23 10:11
    @moonbus said
    Tell us again how the talking snake was really literally true. And that the earth and the sun and all the galaxies are about 6000 years old, give or take a few decades.
    You know how old everything is, by what means did you come to your knowledge?
    Reality given the spiritual world is real makes talking snakes more likely than a purely material world popping up out of nothing for no reason.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree