Rugby World Cup 2011

Rugby World Cup 2011

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
17 Sep 11

Originally posted by Crowley
Well, well, well.
😀 i might be the only person on this island who believed that was possible today 😀

If i was an Aussie i'd be raging about that ref though, terrible.

Moves
17 Sep 11

Originally posted by Swiss Toni
Now, time for everyone to recalculate their semi finalists!
Everyone? i've been saying all along Ireland were good enough to get to the semis.

New York

Moves
17 Sep 11

Originally posted by trev33
Everyone? i've been saying all along Ireland were good enough to get to the semis.
Fair call - but were you picking them to get there by beating the Boks or by beating Wales/Samoa?

Moves
17 Sep 11

Fair call - but were you picking them to get there by beating the Boks or by beating Wales/Samoa?
I believed we had a chance against Australia, whoever S. Africa are playing in the quarters i don't fancy them so in a since it didn't matter. I'd be lying if i said i expected that result today but i knew we had a much better chance than people were giving us.

Beating the Aussies when no one expects it is one thing but beating Italy and Wales or Samoa when everyone expects is another and it'll be interesting to see how they react. I think we have the best coach in Europe though, so if anyone can sort out Ireland mentally it's Kidney.

If i was a New Zealand fan, losing to France might not be the worse thing in the world.

New York

Moves
17 Sep 11

If i was a New Zealand fan, losing to France might not be the worse thing in the world.
You never know, with a NZ vs France game. Still, hope we win to guarantee a quarter against Scotland or Argentina. England in the Quarters would be a bit rough.

Argentina looked good in their last game, so I really don't see Scotland getting up against them.

On another note, based on what's in the media: People need to get a grip. England players having a beer? So what?

Moves
17 Sep 11

You never know, with a NZ vs France game. Still, hope we win to guarantee a quarter against Scotland or Argentina. England in the Quarters would be a bit rough.

Argentina looked good in their last game, so I really don't see Scotland getting up against them.

On another note, based on what's in the media: People need to get a grip. England players having a beer? So what?
Argentina will beat Scotland. From a NZ point of view, who would you rather have England in the quarters then Ireland or Wales in the semis or Argentina in the quarters then probably Aus in the semis?

Papers going over the top again, they probably just watched to sell extra copies.

Moves
17 Sep 11

I believed we had a chance against Australia, whoever S. Africa are playing in the quarters i don't fancy them so in a since it didn't matter. I'd be lying if i said i expected that result today but i knew we had a much better chance than people were giving us.

Beating the Aussies when no one expects it is one thing but beating Italy and Wales or Samoa wh ...[text shortened]...

Is it the Springboks you don't fancy or the team that will be facing them in the quarters who now will be the Aussies. It was a great day for the men in green (SA and Ireland)

Moves
17 Sep 11

Originally posted by CER
Is it the Springboks you don't fancy or the team that will be facing them in the quarters who now will be the Aussies. It was a great day for the men in green (SA and Ireland)
I don't fancy the Boks tbh, out in the quarters.

rc

Moves
17 Sep 11
2 edits

Argentina will beat Scotland. From a NZ point of view, who would you rather have England in the quarters then Ireland or Wales in the semis or Argentina in the quarters then probably Aus in the semis?

Papers going over the top again, they probably just watched to sell extra copies.
what are you talking about?, we give you a tanking at Murryfield before this
tournament, you beat the Aussies and the Pumas are gonna beat us. If you can beat
the Aussies, we can beat Argentina.

Moves
17 Sep 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
what are you talking about?, we give you a tanking at Murryfield before this
tournament, you beat the Aussies and the Pumas are gonna beat us. If you can beat
the Aussies, we can beat Argentina.
Want to bet? 😛

rc

Moves
17 Sep 11
2 edits

Want to bet? 😛
awesome win btw, pack was superb, best ive seen them. I was gonna name my kid
Ronan, when he was born, after Ronan O'Gara but my Mrs wouldn't let me, great to see
him Its looks like a North v South Divide now. I wouldn't write the Boks off quite yet,
nor your cousins from across the water!

Moves
17 Sep 11

awesome win btw, pack was superb, best ive seen them. I was gonna name my kid
Ronan, when he was born, after Ronan O'Gara but my Mrs wouldn't let me, great to see
him Its looks like a North v South Divide now. I wouldn't write the Boks off quite yet,
nor your cousins from across the water!
Funny i'd be more confident of us beating England in the semis than beating Wales in the quarters, you just never know which Wales is going to turn up. We have England in our back pockets, just like France have us in their back pockets and England has France in theirs.

rc

Moves
17 Sep 11
1 edit

Funny i'd be more confident of us beating England in the semis than beating Wales in the quarters, you just never know which Wales is going to turn up. We have England in our back pockets, just like France have us in their back pockets and England has France in theirs.
yes, id rather play England than Wales or France, France v All Blacks will be
awesome. its really interesting contrast, the Aussies came into the tournament with
wins while the Irish suffered some losses, maybe it took its toll on the Aussies, while
Ireland are finding their rhythm.

Moves
17 Sep 11

yes, id rather play England than Wales or France, France v All Blacks will be
awesome. its really interesting contrast, the Aussies came into the tournament with
wins while the Irish suffered some losses, maybe it took its toll on the Aussies, while
Ireland are finding their rhythm.
The tri-nation teams are all at the end of a long season, fatigue has to be an issue playing so many competitive games. Ireland played 5 warm up matches, lost 4 and it was their second string that beat Connaught but at least they were getting match fit. I was always confident however bad they looked in the warm up games that they'd do something at the world cup, they had to after last time and they have a much better coach now. Told my ex they'd get to the semis just after the France game at home, she thinks i'm nuts anyway, i think she was seriously ready to call the white coats after that comment though 😵

Moves
22 Sep 11

Tri-nations vs Six nations.
Which is the best, will be interesting and I'm sure it will be the tri-nations 🙂