Rugby World Cup 2011

Rugby World Cup 2011

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
26 Oct 11

Originally posted by Trev33
First half NZ was better than France and should've been at 13-0 up had they converted their kicks. But they didn't and France came out a much better side and had they not bottled it a bit would've become world champions.
I agree, and that's why I think both deserve praise. Both had their good moments as well as their bad ones. I've never seen a team, in any sport, play well for an entire match against an opponent of equal stature. It's easy to look good against a minnow, but New Zealand and France both looked good against an opponent who made them work at it.

Richard

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
06 Nov 11

Originally posted by Shallow Blue
They were indeed - but so were the Kiwis. And both had their bad spots, the nerves were visible in both, but so was the will to rise above those nerves. And mostly they did, both of them.

By the end I wanted it to be a draw, really, even though that can't happen in a final. But they both deserved their day of glory.

Richard
France would easily beat the Kiwis - the 2 extra men would definitely swing it!

😉