www.answering-islam.org

www.answering-islam.org

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Apr 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
Look, Sherlock, later events being manipulated and fabricated to ensure an earlier prophecy comes to fruition doesn't in any way validate the prophecy. We have only recently discussed the whole 'Jesus being born in Bethlehem' nonsense which was clearly (and poorly) fabricated to fit the prophecy.
What do you think of the Daniel 9 prophecy? Know that one? Need some time on Google and your atheist website? Take all the time you need.

While you’re at it, are you claiming all Biblical prophecies were fulfilled via manipulation and fabrication of later events?

Planning to answer what evidence exists that God spoke to Muhammad and that the Hindu gods are real?

Planning to answer whether you think Christians and Muslims worship the same God but just call Him by a different name?

You’ve got a lot of Googling to do!

Moves
29 Apr 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @romans1009
What do you think of the Daniel 9 prophecy? Know that one? Need some time on Google and your atheist website? Take all the time you need.

While you’re at it, are you claiming all Biblical prophecies were fulfilled via manipulation and fabrication of later events?

Planning to answer what evidence exists that God spoke to Muhammad and that the Hindu ...[text shortened]... rship the same God but just call Him by a different name?

You’ve got a lot of Googling to do!
I am under no compulsion to answer any of your questions, cynical and naive as they are. - Daniel 9 prophecy? I would indeed have to look it up. (Sorry, things I may or may not have studied over 2 decades ago cannot always be regurgitated from memory).

"Dodge!" shouts Romans.

Again, why are the Koran and Vedas not valid testaments of faith and truth, but the Bible is? Planning on answering that?!

"Dodge!" shouts Ghost.

Do 'I' think Christians and Muslims worship the same (fictitious) God? Sure, why not. Do I think Christians and Muslims believe that? Well, duh...

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Apr 18

I am under no compulsion to answer any of your questions, cynical and naive as they are. - Daniel 9 prophecy? I would indeed have to look it up. (Sorry, things I may or may not have studied over 2 decades ago cannot always be regurgitated from memory).

"Dodge!" shouts Romans.

Again, why are the Koran and Vedas not valid testaments of faith a ...[text shortened]... me (fictitious) God? Sure, why not. Do I think Christians and Muslims believe that? Well, duh...
You typed a lot of words but none of them addressed the basic theological questions I asked.

Moves
29 Apr 18

You typed a lot of words but none of them addressed the basic theological questions I asked.
Dodge noted.

Moves
29 Apr 18

Romans, 'Why are the Koran and Vedas not valid testaments of faith and truth, but the Bible is?'

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Apr 18

Romans, 'Why are the Koran and Vedas not valid testaments of faith and truth, but the Bible is?'
Fulfilled prophecies. Eyewitness testimony.
Behavior of the disciples.

How many fulfilled prophecies are in the Koran and Vedas?

Moves
29 Apr 18

Did your theology degree not cover this?

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
29 Apr 18

Originally posted by @fmf
[b]I'm all for people working together to build a better life as we see the day coming. But labeling me misanthropic is counterproductive to the idealism you promote. It's hypocritical..

No, it's not hypocritical. And it's not counterproductive. I can't think of anyone here in my part of the developing world who needs your jaundiced Christian doomsday sanctimoniousness.[/b]
It is hypocritical, and you're the one being sanctimonious.

And it's not "doomsday" to say that your "developing world" won't go the same way as every other nation that's ever existed. Your idealistism not withstanding, God knows and "I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps." Jeremiah 10:23

Faith in man is building on sand.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
29 Apr 18

Originally posted by @fmf
Yeah, so said Jeremiah 2,600 years ago. There has probably never been a better time in history - and in a way that affects more people than ever before - to be alive. You'd be laughed off the stage by walk-the-walk Indonesian Christians at the kind of meeting I mentioned.
Your perception of the present human condition is wanting.

"They" laughed Jesus off the stage for saying the very thing I'm saying. I'm in better company than the so-called "walk-the-walk Indonesian Christians" you're meeting with.

The false prophets of Jeremiah's day called him a liar, but what did they get? You're facing an uncertain future in spite of your idealistic world view. Sooner or later the house of cards will fall.

F

Moves
29 Apr 18

Originally posted by @secondson
It is hypocritical, and you're the one being sanctimonious..
I disagree. Christians peering at the world through their gloomy, impotent prisms are ten a penny.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
29 Apr 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
Haven’t some Christians been saying the end of the world is nigh for about 2000 years?

Note; SecondSon will no doubt accuse me of “sucking up to trolls” any moment now, so I’ll brace myself for his onslaught.
Not much awareness in you of biblical prophecy is there.

Jesus will return as a thief in the night. When you least expect it. Better fill your lamp.

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
29 Apr 18
1 edit

Isn’t what’s currently happening between north and South Korea something to be a little optimistic about?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
29 Apr 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
Isn’t what’s currently happening between north and South Korea something to be a little optimistic about?
Was Neville Chamberlain's mollification of Hitler's dream of world domination 'something to be a little optimistic about'?

F

Moves
29 Apr 18

Your perception of the present human condition is wanting.

"They" laughed Jesus off the stage for saying the very thing I'm saying. I'm in better company than the so-called "walk-the-walk Indonesian Christians" you're meeting with.

The false prophets of Jeremiah's day called him a liar, but what did they get? You're facing an uncertain future in spite of your idealistic world view. Sooner or later the house of cards will fall.
Jeremiah this, Jeremiah that. You are offering me nothing about economic and social development and the trends towards better governance in many parts of the world.

F

Moves
29 Apr 18

I'm in better company than the so-called "walk-the-walk Indonesian Christians" you're meeting with.

Whose "company" do you claim to be in when it comes to taking a look at the human condition in countries like Indonesia at this stage of their development?