www.answering-islam.org

www.answering-islam.org

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Apr 18

Originally posted by @fmf
[b]I need provide no knowledge to counter your ignorance. Your ignorance stands shamefully on its own.

Do you dispute what I described as having happened in recent decades in Indonesia? Do you dispute that what is happening here is being replicated to varying degrees all across the world in countries where the majority of the world's population live?[/b]
As interesting as this conversation is, I think I’m going to rearrange my sock drawer. Have a good evening/afternoon.

Moves
29 Apr 18

These two assertions of yours do not create the 'between-ness' that Romans1009 is talking about.
My point is that you claiming that it doesn't affect you may simply be ignorance on your side.

F

Moves
29 Apr 18

Originally posted by @dj2becker
My point is that you claiming that it doesn't affect you may simply be ignorance on your side.
There is nothing "between" you and the Hindu god figures despite whatever issue Hindus might sincerely believe their god figures have with you. The same dynamic applies to me and the god figure you happen to believe in.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Apr 18

There is nothing "between" you and the Hindu god figures despite whatever issue Hindus might sincerely believe their god figures have with you. The same dynamic applies to me and the god figure you happen to believe in.
Still playing your dishonest word games, Rain Man?

Moves
29 Apr 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
I asked you what evidence exists that God spoke to Muhammad and that Hindu gods exist. Are you unable to answer these basic theological questions?

Are you suggesting the God of Christianity and Islam is the same but just goes by different names?
So, the Bible is evidence that God spoke to man, but the Koran or Vedas don't similarly count as evidence for their respective deities,.....because you personally aren't a Muslim or Hindu? Is that what you're saying?

You see this is why you are lacking by 'not' having a theology degree. You are hopelessly biased by your own religion and hopelessly ignorant of others.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Apr 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
So, the Bible is evidence that God spoke to man, but the Koran or Vedas don't similarly count as evidence for their respective deities,.....because you personally aren't a Muslim or Hindu? Is that what you're saying?

You see this is why you are lacking by 'not' having a theology degree. You are hopelessly biased by your own religion and hopelessly ignorant of others.
Still unable to answer basic theological questions?

Are you aware how many Old Testament prophecies came true? Do you think the mark of a genuine prophet is what he said came to pass?

Are there instances of that in the Koran and Vedas? How many compared to prophecies that came to pass in the Bible?

Moves
29 Apr 18

Still unable to answer basic theological questions?

Are you aware how many Old Testament prophecies came true? Do you think the mark of a genuine prophet is what he said came to pass?

Are there instances of that in the Koran and Vedas? How many compared to prophecies that came to pass in the Bible?
"Are there instances of that in the Koran and Vedas?"

And that's the crux of it. 'YOU' have absolutely no idea. While I have taken the time to study your religious book it has never even occurred to you to open theirs.

Is it a fear or an insecurity thing? Is your faith that brittle that you dare not explore what other people believe?

Moves
29 Apr 18
1 edit

Obviously what Hindus believe about Hindu gods would affect me if Hinduism turns out to be true and I just wouldn't know it yet. The difference is I could tell you why I think my beliefs are true and Hinduism isn't. Can you tell me why you believe your atheism is true? Or do you just use it as a crutch that requires no intellectual defense because it is simply a lack of belief?

F

Moves
29 Apr 18

Can you tell me why you believe your atheism is true?
We discussed this at length before several times when you were posting as Fetchmyjunk in 2016 and in 2017 as well. My testimony-explanation-reasoning-experience-personal information, as it pertains to this question has not changed since then.

F

Moves
29 Apr 18

Obviously what Hindus believe about Hindu gods would affect me if Hinduism turns out to be true and I just wouldn't know it yet. The difference is I could tell you why I think my beliefs are true and Hinduism isn't.
The fact that you are not a Hindu does not affect the fact that there is no issue "between" me and the either the Hindu gods or the god figure you believe in.

F

Moves
29 Apr 18

Or do you just use it as a crutch that requires no intellectual defense because it is simply a lack of belief?
My "intellectual defence", such as it is, has not changed since the last time we discussed it. Asking me about it yet again will not result in me repeating something that I have already discussed with you.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Apr 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
"Are there instances of that in the Koran and Vedas?"

And that's the crux of it. 'YOU' have absolutely no idea. While I have taken the time to study your religious book it has never even occurred to you to open theirs.

Is it a fear or an insecurity thing? Is your faith that brittle that you dare not explore what other people believe?
Are you planning to answer the question? I realize you need time to Google. Take all the time you need.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Apr 18

We discussed this at length before several times when you were posting as Fetchmyjunk in 2016 and in 2017 as well. My testimony-explanation-reasoning-experience-personal information, as it pertains to this question has not changed since then.
Another dodge.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Apr 18

My "intellectual defence", such as it is, has not changed since the last time we discussed it. Asking me about it yet again will not result in me repeating something that I have already discussed with you.
And another dodge.

Moves
29 Apr 18

Are you planning to answer the question? I realize you need time to Google. Take all the time you need.
Look, Sherlock, later events being manipulated and fabricated to ensure an earlier prophecy comes to fruition doesn't in any way validate the prophecy. We have only recently discussed the whole 'Jesus being born in Bethlehem' nonsense which was clearly (and poorly) fabricated to fit the prophecy.