www.answering-islam.org

www.answering-islam.org

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
28 Apr 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
God = Bible.
Allah = Koran.
Brahma = Vedas.

Again, what makes your particular evidence credible or more compelling? (Naturally, I dismiss all of it as 'evidence' of the divine).
Bump for Romans.

F

Moves
28 Apr 18

FMF: There are still many problems, a lot of suffering, and people continue to do terrible things to one another.

Originally posted by @romans1009
Not what I asked. Are you aware of *how much* evil and suffering exists in the world?
Yes, I am - of course - aware of how much suffering there continues to be that's caused by as yet unsolved problems and caused by man's everpresent inhumanity to man. However, there has probably never been a better time in history - and in ways that affect more people than ever before - to be alive than now.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Apr 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
Bump for Romans.
I asked you what evidence exists that God spoke to Muhammad and that Hindu gods exist. Are you unable to answer these basic theological questions?

Are you suggesting the God of Christianity and Islam is the same but just goes by different names?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Apr 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @fmf
Yes, I am - of course - aware of how much suffering there continues to be that's caused by as yet unsolved problems and caused by man's everpresent inhumanity to man. However, there has probably never been a better time in history - and in ways that affect more people than ever before - to be alive than now.
You’re clearly not aware of how much evil and suffering exist in the world, but I appreciate you had to claim you were to support your fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants’ second statement.

F

Moves
29 Apr 18
1 edit

You’re clearly not aware of how much evil and suffering exist in the world, but I appreciate you had to claim you were to support your fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants’ second statement.
How much of it do you claim there is and what leads you think there is more now than compared to the past?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Apr 18

How much of it do you claim there is and what leads you think there is more now than compared to the past?
I have no idea how much there is now but I don’t claim to know. And I think the size of the world’s population and the trend toward secularism and greater income inequality argue in favor of there being more evil and suffering in the world today vs. the past.

F

Moves
29 Apr 18

I have no idea how much there is now but I don’t claim to know. And I think the size of the world’s population and the trend toward secularism and greater income inequality argue in favor of there being more evil and suffering in the world today vs. the past.
I have no idea how much there is now but I don’t claim to know.

If you have no idea of "how much there is now" and you "don’t claim to know", then what are you going on about and what objection do you have to my perspective about how things are better now for more people than they ever have been before?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Apr 18

[b]I have no idea how much there is now but I don’t claim to know.

If you have no idea of "how much there is now" and you "don’t claim to know", then what are you going on about and what objection do you have to my perspective about how things are better now for more people than they ever have been before?[/b]
Because you have no idea either and your claim that you do is just more of your thoughtless, fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants, ready, fire aim! style of posting.

F

Moves
29 Apr 18

Because you have no idea either and your claim that you do is just more of your thoughtless, fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants, ready, fire aim! style of posting.
Because you have no idea either...

What is the basis for this claim? Do you dispute, for example, what I described as having happened in recent decades in Indonesia ~ which is a story being replicated all across the world in countries where the majority of the world's population live?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Apr 18

[b]Because you have no idea either...

What is the basis for this claim? Do you dispute, for example, what I described as having happened in recent decades in Indonesia ~ which is a story being replicated all across the world in countries where the majority of the world's population live?[/b]
The basis for that claim is the vastness and complexity of the world, your ignorance of same and your habit of making sweeping generalizations that are not tethered to facts or reality.

F

Moves
29 Apr 18

The basis for that claim is the vastness and complexity of the world, your ignorance of same and your habit of making sweeping generalizations that are not tethered to facts or reality.
What "ignorance" are you referring to? What 'knowledge' are you claiming to be countering it with?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Apr 18

What "ignorance" are you referring to? What 'knowledge' are you claiming to be countering it with?
I’m referring to your ignorance of the vastness and complexity of the world as evidenced by your habit of making sweeping generalizations that are not tethered to facts or reality and then resorting to dishonest word games when you’re called out on it.

I need provide no knowledge to counter your ignorance. Your ignorance stands shamefully on its own.

F

Moves
29 Apr 18

I’m referring to your ignorance of the vastness and complexity of the world as evidenced by your habit of making sweeping generalizations that are not tethered to facts or reality and then resorting to dishonest word games when you’re called out on it.

I need provide no knowledge to counter your ignorance. Your ignorance stands shamefully on its own.
Why are you talking about a serious subject in this silly way?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Apr 18

Why are you talking about a serious subject in this silly way?
Accusing another poster of being “silly” while sporting that new avatar of yours is quite shameless.

F

Moves
29 Apr 18

Do you dispute what I described as having happened in recent decades in Indonesia? Do you dispute that what is happening here is being replicated to varying degrees all across the world in countries where the majority of the world's population live?