1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Apr '18 19:29
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Remind me, weren't you the chap who thought the immaculate conception referred to the birth of Jesus? (Or was that the other chap? )
    Wasn’t me, but I’m sure you’ll lie and claim it was.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Apr '18 19:311 edit
    🙂 Fair enough.

Okay, how about a Hindu prophecy that can't be attributed to the OT? This one is rather interesting:

'As the Earth thus becomes crowded with a corrupt population, whoever among any of the social classes shows himself to be the strongest will gain political power.' (Srimad Bhagavatam 12.2.7)
    That’s a prophecy?!

Pretty thin gruel, old boy.

Have a look at the prophecy in Daniel 9.
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    29 Apr '18 19:33
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    For the obvious reason that prophecies cited in Islamic “holy” texts may have simply been borrowed from the Old Testament.

What in Judaism or Christianity was “borrowed” from Hinduism?
    Was the prophecy I provided from the Koran borrowed from the OT? - Do you have any interesting observations about it?

'And after him We said to the Children of Israel, ‘Dwell Ye in the promised land; and when the time of the promise of the Latter Days come, We shall bring you together out of various people.” (17:105)
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Apr '18 19:36
    Was the prophecy I provided from the Koran borrowed from the OT? - Do you have any interesting observations about it?

'And after him We said to the Children of Israel, ‘Dwell Ye in the promised land; and when the time of the promise of the Latter Days come, We shall bring you together out of various people.” (17:105)
    It sounds very familiar and I’m almost certain it was, but since you decline to answer my questions, I’m not going to bother doing research to confirm it.
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    29 Apr '18 19:37
    That’s a prophecy?!

Pretty thin gruel, old boy.

Have a look at the prophecy in Daniel 9.
    Really? Even as a non-Hindu I found it curious.

As I recall there is even a prophecy that 'is said' to predict the use of forensic fingerprinting to catch criminals. Does the Bible have that?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Apr '18 19:371 edit
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Thank God they blocked it.

Can you imagine people discussing things that might offend you?

We all need to come together and think and act the exact same way in order to maintain our utopia.
    Er. No. What? Sorry. Try again. When you are trying to be sarcasric, or you're trying a bit too hard to land a blow, if that's what this is, it just doesn't work. Have another go.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Apr '18 19:37

Have you looked at the prophecy in Daniel 9 yet?
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Apr '18 19:38
    Really? Even as a non-Hindu I found it curious.

As I recall there is even a prophecy that 'is said' to predict the use of forensic fingerprinting to catch criminals. Does the Bible have that?
    Cite the text, chapter and verse for that prophecy. I’d be curious to read it. No idea if the Bible has it. If it does, I’m not aware of it.
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    29 Apr '18 19:41
    It sounds very familiar and I’m almost certain it was, but since you decline to answer my questions, I’m not going to bother doing research to confirm it.
    So it's a firm 'no' on the 'interesting observations...'
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Apr '18 19:43
    So it's a firm 'no' on the 'interesting observations...'
    Not interested in commenting on “prophecies” from a false religion.

Still unwilling to say if you’ve read the prophecy in Daniel 9? Why is that? Because you can’t explain away how detailed it is?
  11. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    29 Apr '18 19:46
    Of course. Why?!

Are you aware that Hinduism predates Judaism and Christianity?
    But how can that be? Are you sure? I mean, if the Bible tells the story of origins, then how can anything predate that?

Technically, of course, Judaism didn't exist prior to Abraham, nevertheless the biblical account of creation would be the oldest record of the origin of all that exists since it begins before anything did exist.

Concider this. The first verse in the Bible says in part, "In the beginning", which points in two directions. It infers an interesting concept, namely, what was, is and is to come.

Isn't it interesting how God characterizes Himself in those terms. Rev. 1:8
    I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    29 Apr '18 19:53
    Not interested in commenting on “prophecies” from a false religion.

Still unwilling to say if you’ve read the prophecy in Daniel 9? Why is that? Because you can’t explain away how detailed it is?
    Perhaps I'm also not interested 'in commenting on “prophecies” from a false religion. 😵

The 'fingerprinting prophecy' was in actuality from the Koran (not of Hindu origin as I had thought). Do you recognize it from the OT?

“Their skins will bear witness against them as to what they have been doing” (41:21)
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    29 Apr '18 19:56
    Originally posted by @secondson
    But how can that be? Are you sure? I mean, if the Bible tells the story of origins, then how can anything predate that?

Technically, of course, Judaism didn't exist prior to Abraham, nevertheless the biblical account of creation would be the oldest record of the origin of all that exists since it begins before anything did exist.

Concider this. The ...[text shortened]... ing and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
    The religious writings of Hinduism (The Vedas) also address creation sir.

And yes, Hinduism is recognized as the oldest religion still practiced today. Google it. 🙂
  14. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    29 Apr '18 20:09
    The religious writings of Hinduism (The Vedas) also address creation sir.

And yes, Hinduism is recognized as the oldest religion still practiced today. Google it. 🙂
    I'm not disagreeing that The Vedas allegedly are the oldest, but I'd like to see and compare creation accounts.

Still, I don't see how anything can be older than "In the beginning", if you see what I mean.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Apr '18 20:47
    Perhaps I'm also not interested 'in commenting on “prophecies” from a false religion. 😵

The 'fingerprinting prophecy' was in actuality from the Koran (not of Hindu origin as I had thought). Do you recognize it from the OT?

“Their skins will bear witness against them as to what they have been doing” (41:21)
    If you’re an atheist, you think all religions are false. Interesting that you gravitate to Islam.

Have you checked out the highly detailed and accurate Messianic prophecy in Daniel 9? Not surprised you’re avoiding it. Kind of blows out of the water your claim that prophecies were fulfilled due to manipulation of events.

You can’t expect people to take seriously your claim of having a theology degree when your knowledge and understanding of the Bible and basic theology doesn’t even match that of a garden-variety online atheist troll.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree