Witness Lee and the Lord's Recovery Movement

Witness Lee and the Lord's Recovery Movement

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
25 Nov 19
1 edit

@sonship said
No, not talking to a brick wall for another ten years who just can't get something is not evasion.
You said that when the "end times" come, Christians who are members of "Satanic" organizations [i.e. almost all of them] and not members of your cult need to run out and buy Witness Lee books if they want to be "saved", did you not? Or are you denying this now?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 Nov 19
1 edit

The problem at hand is the accusation of veneration of someone because his work is appreciated and valued.

Dive says because the local churches appreciate Witness Lee they must worship the guy as a god - veneration or "sainthood".

Of course Mr. freelance has bounced around from group to group never remaining long enough to pay second fiddle to anyone. So you see he's really sensitive about over appreciating anyone.

I mean Divegeester would like all to adopt his opinions. But that's different.

Lee is ours to boast in and thanking God for, as is also Luther, Calvin, Wesley, and whoever else we deem God has blessed the church with.

We are not a Witness Lee Church. We are churches according to cities, belonging to localities.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 Nov 19
2 edits

@FMF

You said that when the "end times" come, Christians who are members of "Satanic" organizations [i.e. almost all of them] and not members of your cult need to run out and by Witness Lee books if they want to be "saved", did you not? Or are you denying this now?

That is not a real question. That is an accusation with a question mark.

"Have you considered when to stop beating your wife FMF?"

Ten years more ?? Nope. Call it evasion or deflection if it feels good.

F

Moves
25 Nov 19

@sonship said
Lee is ours to boast in and thanking God for, as is also Luther, Calvin, Wesley, and whoever else we deem God has blessed the church with.
As an aside, Martin Luther was a nasty piece of work. One can draw a direct line between his writings and the Holocaust. Martin Luther "blessed the church"? Really?

F

Moves
25 Nov 19

@sonship said
@FMF

You said that when the "end times" come, Christians who are members of "Satanic" organizations [i.e. almost all of them] and not members of your cult need to run out and by Witness Lee books if they want to be "saved", did you not? Or are you denying this now?

That is not a real question. That is an accusation with a question mark.

"Have you con ...[text shortened]... op beating your wife?"

Ten years more ?? Nope. Call it evasion or deflection if it feels good.
More deflection. Do you deny it?

F

Moves
25 Nov 19

You either DO think Christians who are members of "Satanic" organizations need to run out and buy Lee's books at the "end times", or you DO NOT. It's not as if I am asking a 'have you stopped beating your wife' question.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 Nov 19

@FMF

As an aside, Martin Luther was a nasty piece of work. One can draw a direct line between his writings and the Holocaust. Martin Luther "blessed the church"? Really?

Recognizing contribution is not regarding someone as perfect.

Only Christ is perfect.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 Nov 19

@FMF

More deflection. Do you deny it?

You should start a blog. Or go take this to the blog you already started.

Are you above being ignored ? What an ego !!

F

Moves
25 Nov 19
1 edit

@sonship said
@FMF

Recognizing contribution is not regarding someone as perfect.

Only Christ is perfect.
He "blessed the church" even if his writings contributed to 500 years of persecution of the Jews? (Still an aside.)

F

Moves
25 Nov 19
2 edits

@sonship said
You should start a blog. Or go take this to the blog you already started.
I have several blogs. But this is a message board conversation we're having. I am not launching innumerable monologues and I am not ignoring/deflecting your posts and objecting to scrutiny or trying to distance myself from what I have posted in the past.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 Nov 19
6 edits

@FMF

You deny the existence of Yahweh.
You deny the truth of the Torah.
You deny the existence of God speaking or commanding or creating or having a presence in human history or having a chosen people.

And you have the unmitigated audacity to come here with crocodile tears about Luther's few harsh words about the Jews? How many years persecution of the Jews have you fueled with your atheism?

At least Luther taught that God was the source of the Torah. I'll take my ques from from Luther before I take hints from your Jewish opposing atheism any day.

He was mad because he thought they would welcome his coming to them with the Gospel. Surprise, they didn't welcome him.
So he was sore.

What have you contributed to the Christian church or Jewish faith ?
Nothing, but to attempt to destroy the faith.

Tell us you're not devoted to it HERE.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 Nov 19
1 edit

He "blessed the church" even if his writings contributed to 500 years of persecution of the Jews? (Still an aside.)

"He" is Martin Luther.

Notice FMF's way of twisting things. I said God blessed the church WITH certain servants. I didn't say exactly that THEY blessed the church but that the church was blessed through them, by means of God using them.

Watch out for the way FMF twists your words with his way of "remembering" things.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 Nov 19
3 edits

@FMF

I have several blogs. But this is a message board conversation we're having.

So that's your style. It doesn't have to be everyone else's.

And this Forum, even if conversational and dialoging, is not defined by perpetual debate with you or endless chasing of cheap questions from you manufactured a dime a dozen.

Get over yourself some.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 Nov 19
2 edits

Just for the record.

The day I am in any local church which has a rule that all there MUST read books by Witness Lee is the day I leave that place as no longer the local church.

Let me put it again - the day it is demanded of Christians that to be Christians they have to read books by Witness Lee, you can be sure I will not participate in that legalism.

Sure, his books are under appreciated. That is not a legal requirement of anything. That is just my opinion that his ministry is under appreciated and will be in demand probably sometime in the future.

Watch FMF's way of twisting your words and thoughts to appear to confirm his accusations.

F

Moves
25 Nov 19

@sonship said
What have you contributed to the Christian church or Jewish faith ?
Nothing, but to attempt to destroy the faith.
I "attempt to destroy the faith"?

How so?