1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Nov '19 21:03
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

What is a cult other than a group of people you are afraid of or dislike?
    Cult
    - a system of religious veneration and devotion directed towards a particular figure or object.

In your case Witness Lee.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Nov '19 02:3318 edits
    @divegeester

Cult
    - a system of religious veneration and devotion directed towards a particular figure or object.

In your case Witness Lee.

Definition of veneration:

great respect; reverence.

Appreciation is not "reverence" as in worship necessarily. As Christians meeting as local churches our worship or reverence is reserved for God. You've not a shred of evidence that such worship is directed towards anyone OTHER THAN God by me or the churching brothers and sisters.

But you are very stupid to count appreciation or even great respect as worship.

"the traditional veneration of saints"

All believers in Christ are "saints" according to the New Testament (1 Cor. 1:2).
    So you are also very stupid to think one Christian is "elevated" by the local churches to be a "saint' in the sense of veneration of saints, as in Catholicism.

You're stupid.

So you haven't demonstrated that the local churches are a cult if your definition is worship of someone other than God.

Veneration? You're really stupid to think appreciation is veneration.

What about "devotion" ? The Apostle Paul said to the Philippians, the things which they learned and heard and had seen in him they would do well to practice such things.

"The things which you have also learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things; and the God of peace will be with you." (Phil. 4:9)

He didn't ask for worship. He gave them good advice to follow the pattern of one who was successful in the Christian life. Hey, I'm sorry if you never had any good mentors or teachers to be a pattern for you to emulate. Why accuse us of having a worship cult of someone because we have good examples to emulate?

"And the things which you have heard from me through many witnesses, these commit to faithful men, who will be competent to teach others also. " (2 Tim. 2:2)

Paul tells Timothy to benefit from his example and commit his teaching to others who can be faithful as well. No veneration, no worship, but appreciation.

"But you, continue in the things which you have learned and have been assured of, knowing from which ones you have learned them." (2 Tim. 3:14)

If you are so isolated, individualistic and unteachable (trusting no one your whole life) that you have no other spiritual people from whom you ever learned anything, don't call us a cult because we have worthy examples to emulate.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Nov '19 03:06
    @sonship said
    If you are so isolated, individualistic and unteachable (trusting no one your whole life) that you have no other spiritual people from whom you ever learned anything, don't call us a cult because we have worthy examples to emulate.
    Your insistence that all Catholics and Protestants - billions of followers of Jesus - are members of "Satanic" organizations ~ while you, yourself, are not - is as good an indicator as one needs to show that you are a cultist.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Nov '19 03:10
    @sonship said
    Your insistence that all followers of Jesus who are not members of your group need to run out and buy books by Witness Lee if they want to be "saved" is as good an indicator as one needs to show that you are a cultist.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Nov '19 03:16
    @FMF

The Atheist / Unitarian alliance to the rescue again!
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Nov '19 03:191 edit
    @FMF

Your insistence that all followers of Jesus who are not members of your group need to run out and buy books by Witness Lee if they want to be "saved" is as good an indicator as one needs to show that you are a cultist.

You're a lying fanatic not worth the time to dignify.

My insistence ... ?

Once I wrote that Lee's books, IMO, will become very valuable should the rapture of the watching believers suddenly occur. I stand by that. And that is not my insistence on anything. It is my opinion that under appreciation will one day give to great appreciation.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Nov '19 03:20
    @sonship said
    @FMF

The Atheist / Unitarian alliance to the rescue again!
    Ah, yes. Two straight forward and germane points pertaining to whether or not you are defending a Christian cult dodged. Nevermind, those two points remain there like a lighthouse above the rocky shore.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Nov '19 03:22
    @sonship said
    My insistence ... ?
    Yes. You insisted that, when the "end times" come, Christians who are not members of your group should run out immediately and read Witness Lee's books for fear of "damnation" otherwise.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Nov '19 03:221 edit
    @FMF

Don't quit you day job to go into poetry writing.
    And stop with your lying false memory.

ONCE I wrote something about Lee's books being in demand should a certain event occur.

Your lying memory is twisted with false accusations.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Nov '19 03:23
    @sonship said
    Once I wrote that Lee's books, IMO, will become very valuable should the rapture of the watching believers suddenly occur. I stand by that. And that is not my insistence on anything. It is my opinion that under appreciation will one day give to great appreciation.
    You sound like you are combining a bit of back peddling with your defence/promotion of your Christian a cult.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Nov '19 03:25
    @sonship said
    ONCE I wrote something about Lee's books being in demand should a certain event occur.
    You said other Christians ~ supposedly members of "Satanic" organizations ~ will need to run out and buy Witness Lee books if they want to be "saved".
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Nov '19 03:25
    @sonship said
    @FMF

Don't quit you day job to go into poetry writing.
    "Poetry writing"?
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Nov '19 03:253 edits
    Tend to the matter at hand before you chase after red herrings from the grand Atheist / Unitarian alliance Divegeester.

Veneration? You're really stupid to think appreciation is veneration.

What about "devotion" ? The Apostle Paul said to the Philippians, the things which they learned and heard and had seen in him they would do well to practice such things.

"The things which you have also learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things; and the God of peace will be with you." (Phil. 4:9)

He didn't ask for worship. He gave them good advice to follow the pattern of one who was successful in the Christian life. Hey, I'm sorry if you never had any good mentors or teachers to be a pattern for you to emulate. Why accuse us of having a worship cult of someone because we have good examples to emulate?

"And the things which you have heard from me through many witnesses, these commit to faithful men, who will be competent to teach others also. " (2 Tim. 2:2)

Paul tells Timothy to benefit from his example and commit his teaching to others who can be faithful as well. No veneration, no worship, but appreciation.

"But you, continue in the things which you have learned and have been assured of, knowing from which ones you have learned them." (2 Tim. 3:14)

There's no veneration in merely having much appreciation for notable examples from which we have learned much.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Nov '19 03:28
    @sonship said
    Tend to the matter at hand before you chase after red herrings ...
    Confronting you about your beliefs that Christians who are not members of your cult are members of "Satanic" organizations - and that such people need to run out and buy the books published by your cult when the end of the world comes - is on-topic and these facts about you are not "red herrings".
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Nov '19 03:324 edits
    @FMF

I've written about "Come out of her (Babylon the Great) MY PEOPLE" from Revelation 18. Being thick as a bucket of nails you don't get it and probably never will.

And I have written about "the whole WORLD lies in the evil one." Being as blind as a bat with its eyes plucked out you still don't get it, and likely never will.

Let me put it this way. I'm not holding my breath until you understand.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree