1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Nov '19 03:36
    @sonship said
    Let me put it this way. I'm not holding my breath until you understand.
    You have insisted that billions of Christians who are not members of your cult are members of "Satanic" organizations. I understand completely.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Nov '19 03:38
    @sonship said
    Being as blind as a bat with its eyes plucked out you still don't get it, and likely never will.
    "Blind as a bat with its eyes plucked out"?
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Nov '19 12:022 edits
    @FMF

"Blind as a bat with its eyes plucked out"?

Yes. Blind as a bat with its eyes plucked out.

FMF thinks he is beyond all possible criticism. He's just SO PERFECT you see? The other guy, criticize the other guy, but never him!

Blind as a bat, with its eyes gouged out. Tis a tragedy. But as long as it is today, there is still hope.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Nov '19 12:121 edit
    It is quite healthy for the church of Christ to hold in thanksgiving and honor those examples of God's servants who have served well. To accuse this of being veneration is the slander of monumental unthankfulness and stupidity.

Paul instructs the church in Philippians to not to fail to recognize a faithful servant Epaphroditus who risked his life to serve the Christians.

"Receive him [Epaphroditus] therefore in the Lord with all joy, and hold such in honor. Because for the work of Christ he drew near unto death, risking his life, that he might fill up your lack of service toward me." (Phil. 2:29,30)

The point here is that Paul told them to hold such servants of God in honor. Why should Christians fail to honor faithful men and women because someone is suspicious that such are being "venerated" or made "saints" for worship?

Beware of this kind of twisted logic. It could conceal envy or conviction of someone's own lukewarmness towards serving God.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Nov '19 12:272 edits
    The appreciation policeman Divegeester, says the local churches worship and venerate a man, Witness Lee.

This is monumental stupidity.

Appreciation, recognition, and remembering from whom we learned certain tremendously positive things, is not veneration.

Paul, said his brother and fellow worker Epaphroditus was noteworthy to be held in high esteem. And this not for worship, but to remember one worthy of emulation.

"But I considered it necessary to send to you Epaphoditus, my brother and fellow worker and fellow soldier, and your apostle and minister to my need.

Receive him therefore in the Lord will all joy, AND HOLD SUCH IN HONOR." (Phil. 2:25,29)

The appreciation policeman Divegeester would quickly come by and comment Make sure you do not hold such in honor too much. You would be venerating him and be a cult."

Witness Lee has died in 1997. The churches are flourishing in many places and growing and spreading. And we remember from whom we learned by example many helpful things.

If Christians don't want to appreciate such servants, that is their right not to. And it is the right of others to remember from whom God so blessed us.

"But you, continue in the things which you have learned and have been assured of, knowing from which ones you have learned them." (2 Tim. 3:14)

All the good brothers and sisters are ours. We thank God for all the faithful servants whom God was able to flow through for our building up ... Witness Lee too.

Don't be bothered by the appreciation policeman's twisted sense of cult worship. We make no apologies for holding such servants of God in honor, closely following their teaching.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Nov '19 12:38
    @FMF

You have insisted that billions of Christians who are not members of your cult are members of "Satanic" organizations. I understand completely.

I doubt you understand your OWN beliefs or lack thereof - Athiest / Agnostic / Deist.

You don't even understand that there is God.

Folks the people who follow me around and comment the MOST on my posts are:

Divegeester - the Unitarian who hates the three-oneness of God and the thought of eternal punishment.

FMF - the Agnostic Atheist who lunges towards ANY opportunity from practically any quarter to reinforce his "apathy" towards God.

Rajk999 - the man who longs to be a teacher of the law and disdains the grace of Christ.

Ghost of a Duke responds a lot too - an atheist who likes to put on a Christian apologist hat on, fighting for traditional Christianity.

These guys follow me around everywhere I post. Strange bedfellows.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Nov '19 12:41
    @sonship said
    FMF thinks he is beyond all possible criticism. He's just SO PERFECT you see?
    I am criticized all the time. Sometimes quite vehemently. I've been criticized constantly here for over a decade. I'm alright with it. People should just call it how they see it.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Nov '19 12:43
    @sonship said
    Blind as a bat, with its eyes gouged out. Tis a tragedy. But as long as it is today, there is still hope.
    "Blind as a bat, with its eyes gouged out"?

Is this intended as a criticism?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Nov '19 12:441 edit
    @FMF

People should just call it how they see it.

I was hoping you'd say that.

Blind as a bat with its eyes gouged out of its head flapping around screeching in the darkness.

(For sure this one will go down in the archives never to be forgotten. Along with space aliens in chains, I guess)
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Nov '19 12:46
    So we have Divegeester on the tag team waiting for partner atheist/agnostic FMF to signal his return to the ring.

Strange bedfellows. An Atheist and a renegade Unitarian hiding behind each other in turns.

They comment the MOST on what I write.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Nov '19 12:48
    @sonship said
    @FMF

I doubt you understand your OWN beliefs or lack thereof - Athiest / Agnostic / Deist.

Folks the people who follow me around and comment the MOST on my p ...[text shortened]... for traditional Christianity.

These guys follow me around everywhere I post. Strange bedfellows.
    You're on a public forum and the people you list account for maybe 95% of all the reaction and engagement you get. What are you looking for? You want to use a message board to post monolgues that get little or no reaction?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Nov '19 12:50
    @sonship said
    Blind as a bat with its eyes gouged out of its head flapping around screeching in the darkness.
    Is this latest comparison to an animal supposed to be a criticism that strengthens the case you seek to make about your religion?
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Nov '19 12:53
    @FMF

No. Not expecting no reaction.

Twelve years and maybe I'd like to hear from someone else, makes some sense though.

Go ahead, chase me around. All this thread has been is a lot of free advertisement for a very good servant of God, Brother Witness Lee.

You all have done a lot to bring him to the public's attention.

You can thank Dariusz, the gutless wonder for starting this thread.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Nov '19 12:53
    @sonship said
    @FMF

You are dodging what I said:

You have insisted that billions of Christians who are not members of your cult are members of "Satanic" organizations.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Nov '19 12:55
    @FMF

You and your silly ass so sophisticated questions.

I'm in a bad mood today. See me latter when I just feel grumpy.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree